“Great location, kinda loud, especially on cruise ship days”
Review of Rooms Ocho Rios

Rooms Ocho Rios
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed February 25, 2013

But overall a good value.

The staff are extremely slow, but nice. The poolside bar plays the same music on a loop all day and all night long, but the beach and pool are nice enough.

Beware one particular taxi driver who prowls the pool area - his name is Lincoln Wilson and he is very dishonest, will agree to one fee and then demand a higher fee when you get there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank travelticka

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Loudest hotel I've ever stayed at. The walls and doors especially are paper thin. From the workers banging on the too in the early mornings to people talkin on balconies, it all sounds like it's happening in your room. The restaurant staff is beyond slow. Like 20 minutes for menus when the restaurant is not even half full. The beach is nice, really lighten up once a cruise ship left, pool is clean an bartender is nice. The beer prices fluctuate depending on where you get it (bat or restaurant, which are 50 feet from each other). Otherwise you get what you pay for. We came to relax, read, and have some downtime. Minus the loud disturbances this for the bill.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Whitmphil
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Rooms on the Beach with 5 other girls in June 2011 and have just booked to go back in August 2013!!

So...lets get one this straight...rooms is not all-inclusive so if your looking for 5 different restaurants, little bathroom amenities and nightly entertainment I suggest you stay at Jamaica Grande or Riu.

What rooms does offer is a safe, clean, affordable hotel right on the beach!! Now, locals will come over to you but you can either tell then to go or engage in a conversation...they are stil people! Jamaica is poor and ochi is a cruise ship haven so people will approach you and try and seek you all sorts...just say no!

As I said I went with 5 other girls and my one did I feel my safety was compromised! Jamaica is a beautiful place and if you use common sense you will enjoy it and enjoy Rooms!

So if you don't want to experience the real Jamaica and just look at other tourists within the confined of an all inclusive then Rooms is not for you!

• Stayed: June 2012
10  Thank jatraveller23
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Myself and two of my closest girlfriends stayed at Rooms in January and even though they had a full house, we still got great service. The room was very clean and our maid always gave us the right amount of towels, wash rags and soap. We ate the continental breakfast which is included but some mornings we had the Jamaican special - the food was always good, so we dined at the restaurant on property most of the times. The front desk ladies were very helpful, especially Juline who was so pleasant and Alicia at the Spa took care of my friend who had a bad back - her massages are great!! We are glad we stayed there because we got a great bang for our buck . Rooms is clean and the staff is friendly, a great recipe for a great vacation.

Room Tip: We had the ground floor ocean front with a patio - you can't smoke in the rooms so if you're...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Amy W
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We found the drinks at the bar expensive but the barmen were so much fun. I think our overall impression of the holiday was let down because of the hotels location. We are confident travellers but did not feel safe out and about in the town. Don't turn left on foot outside the hotel! Always go right!
Hotel was clean and quiet. The rooms were cleaned daily and most of the staff were really friendly, just a couple of the girls at breakfast were a bit miserable. We slept really well here and thank goodness for the air-con! The food here is also very nice, we ate here a few times which is unlike us, we didn't want to venture out every night...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank stacey v
Reviewed January 25, 2013

You ever hear the phrase, you get what you paid for. Well, I guess that phrase is really true. Where do I start ? They have plenty of security, i will give them that; but thats about it. Breakfast was horrible and that's after ordering what I thought was Okay off the menu. The free Breakfast is a big joke unless you will eat anything to say you are getting your monies worth. They had cereal, toast and pastry that hardly looked delightful. Their fruit menu was always, water melon, oranges or pineaple and cantelopes. That is not what I consider great choices, given the fact that the Island had so many fruits that were in season like apples, mangoes and a host of other fruits. The rooms were tacky and the bathroom was clustered. The closet was big enough for one outfit because of where the safe was located. No bathroom amenties. The balcony was a nice touch; however the jerk who stayed next to me for the last several days smoke marijuana morning noon and night it seems. Needless to say, I will never recommend this hotel and if this was the last place in Ochio Rios Available, I will sleep in my rental car. Its that bad. This should property should be listed as a Motel, it is every bit in the true sense of the word.

Room Tip: Choose Ocean View, nice balcony but I do not recommend this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank James B
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at Rooms Ocho Rios for two nights in January 2013. Check-in was quick and easy, my room was basic but clean. I had little trouble with the AC but was able to sort it out. The wireless was out the entire time and the bar charges $10.50 for a shot of Hennessey but overall if you are looking for someplace to lay your head for under $100 this is the place for you. It is located in the heart of Ochi, walking distance to shops and five minutes from Dunns River. You won't get the red carpet but it will do.

Room Tip: If you can, stay a few nights here and then transfer next door to Sunset Jamaica Grande and enjoy a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo