“"Absolutely fantastic"”

Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Rochester, New York
“"Absolutely fantastic"”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

You will arrive a guest & leave like family. This hotel & its entire staff from the manager to the ground's keeper are just wonderful. Everyone has a sincere smile & are willing to truly help at every turn. Its not just one person, its everyone working together as a team. The hotel is very clean. The rooms are large & well decorated. Ocean view rooms have large, private balconies. The bathrooms are very nice & include hairdryer, iron/board, & safe. You'll be surprised on the cable channels provided, including free movie channels. I really do suggest you get ocean view, its magnificent. Your only steps away from the outdoor pool, bar, & walk onto the beach with the most beautiful sand in the world. The continental breakfast is daily, & perfect to get your day started. Return in the evening for a wonderfully prepared dinner. Your within walking distance of all Ocho Rios, & there's lots to do. The people, the culture & the food are wonderful. It doesn't matter if you stay to relax, sun bath, shop, what ever!!!. You won't find a better hotel & staff. And its very affordable!!! I could go on & on. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Try to reserve an upper floor ocean view balcony. Its worth it!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tim1949

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Polish first
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I check in at Rooms Ocho Rios from January 10th and checked out on the 14th. What can I say about this hotel? The staff has been professional from I got to the check-in area. Ms. Davis the Manager was accommodating and very pleasant, she greeted us on arrival and put a personal touch to the whole visit. I had my bags taken to my room and even when I was checking out and wanted my bags weighed this was done with a smile. The lady who cleaned my room was awesome and pleasant, she spoke to myself & my son who was in the room, she did not treat us like we were not there. The ladies and gents in the dining area were efficient. I enjoyed the continental breakfast but I also ordered dinner and breakfast from the menu and kudos to the cook. The only suggestions for this hotel is to work on getting all inclusive. Ms. Davis and staff you are doing an awesome job, keep up the good work and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank MarvetteM
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have just got back Jan 10 from staying two weeks in this hotel On arrival late evening we at first thought the hotel did not look to bad, we went out to explore and was immedialy hassled and intimated by local people wanting money for walking down the road with you, as they said this is Jamaica and have respect for locals trying to earn a living. This environment left me feeling it was best not to venture out as I did not feel safe. Drugs and prositutes are offered freely by the majority of people. The next morning for breakfast was very poor customer service, dirty tables, no staff and butter and jam are rationed. This service did not improve throughout our holiday. Rooms were not cleaned thoroughly, towels not delivered and tea/coffee making facilities were not replenished daily. Dring the day the beach is lovely and no problems but evening times are very quiet to drink in pubs/restaurents and each evening it felt like running the gauntlet to get out and back safely. I would not reccommend staying at this hotel if you are sngle, have children but would say it wuld be best to stay at an all inclusive complex, It was so bad that after a week we tried to get an early flight home but no seats available.BEWARE

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Tracey H

Travelers are raving about these Ocho Rios hotels

Covington, Georgia, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is my first visit to rooms on the beach and my stay was very pleasant. I had my mom's 80th birthday catered there and the staff did an excellent job. The decoration was off the chain, I was very impressed. The food was great, the service was great and the management team ensured that everything was done to my specification. I stayed there for one week with family members from different parts of the world and the staff did everything to make our stay a pleasant one. I must make mention of Tiffany in the dining area who went above and beyond every day. The front desk staff are always pleasant and welcoming. There is no perfect setting anywhere, and the management and staff at rooms on the beach did a wonderful job in making my stay a pleasant one. All my concerns or complaints were addressed to my satisfaction. The location and friendliness of the staff make up for any amenities that may not be available. Thanks to Sonia Davis and Shenelle Dawkins for helping to make my moms 80th birthday the best she has ever had.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jacqueline K
Fort Nelson, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Just got back from "Rooms" in Ochio Rios, december 2012.First time in Jamaica and we had a wonderful experience .The staff were friendly and helpfull.Rooms were very clean but slighty worn.Staff were constantly cleaning and mopping floors.Continental breakfast was sufficiant and try the akee and saltfish a true jamaican breakfast and delicious.Toast, melon, muffin, orange juice and coffee was enough to keep us going for the day.Captain Kirk the tourguide stationed at "Rooms" took us on two trips "Blue Lagoon and SunValley Plantation" of wich the later was very educational and a great experience, got to sample local fruits and juices.Horse riding the second trip was supporting the locals (Which i really believe in) and was an opportunity to meet local folk.The swimming pool is cleaned every morning, although a little small, every morning the beach is raked from leaves and plenty of beach chairs to lounge.I would defenitly go back.

Room Tip: Stayed at 3th floor, balcony seaview, nice seaview.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have stayed at rooms on the beach ocho rios on 3 different occassions, and every occassion was a little worst than the last. I will start off with the good things.

1. The location is great, close to local attractions such as dunns river falls and mystic mountain and everything such as restaurants and night clubs are in walking distance.

2. It is literally right on the beach, which is the reason I have stayed there 3 times.

3. the outside of the building is nice, nice size pool also and the reception staff and lifefuard very friendly, housekeeping, not so much...

now for the things I didnt like.

1.On my second and third trip the bedrooms have an awful mouldy smell which I think comes from the curtains which they probably havent changed since the hotel was opened. I even saw mildew at the back of the curtains.

2. The furniture is dated and needs updating.

3. breakfast was terrible they gave us a few slices of melon that looked like it has been left out overnight and they had a selection of dry slices of stale bread with butter and jam thatg flies where pitching on. also this horrible tasting patiserrie thing.

4. the bathroom could be more clean and they need better kettles.

I would discourage couples from staying here as it is far from romantic. I would advise people to spend a little more and stay at one of the other hotels

Room Tip: Choose one on the first floor. with views of the beach
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shenique w
Reviewed December 25, 2012

If I could give this place zero stars... Traveled with other parties. Our rooms were dusky, dusty, and dirty (room smelled, dirty glasses to go with dirty ice bucket). Things broken/missing. Maintenance had to constantly be called and they took FOREVER to show up! Asked to exchange dirty towels for clean ones and the maid said she only cleaned rooms and couldn't exchange the towels! We tried to spend as much time as possible outside of the rooms. Other disgusting things I won't even mention here. The bar was outside and if you could catch the bartender, your choices were from the limited options on a card table. Music blared every night until almost three in the morning. It literally shook the windows. Staff was non-chalant about service. I was counting the hours until I could go home! I get shudders thinking about that place.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel and DO YOUR RESEARCH!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa
#30 of 35 in Ocho Rios
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Rooms Ocho Rios? Share your experiences!