Tripadvisor
Ocho Rios
3,181 results
All reviews wobbly peacock le papillon beach butler royal grill east beach french restaurant terrace restaurant arnold nugent butler service french balcony lobster blt kelly ann our honeymoon east wing food and beverage manager jamaican night the general manager
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spent a week (third trip) at the Royal Plantation and was not disappointed. Even though the high tide for the most part kept us out of the ocean, there were still a lot of activities to keep us occupied. As always the staff is the best thing about the resort. All staff would greet us whenever they saw us, and ask if we were enjoying our stay and if we needed anything.

Room tip: It makes no difference. Most rooms have french balconies with a great view. You, however, will not spend a lot of time in your room.
1  Thank w004ded
Tamarah M, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello and thank you for your review of Sandals Royal Plantation. We are happy you enjoyed the on property activities despite the challenges of mother nature. We are also thrilled to know the team was the highlight of your stay. . It was a pleasure hosting you and we look forward to welcoming you back for another incredible vacation experience in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Haven't been to RP for a few years and was afraid it may have changed. It has not! Still one of my very favorite resorts, anywhere. I like the intimate feel and all the staff knows your name. Everyone makes you feel welcome and like you have returned "home" . The food is excellent and they are happy to accommodate special requests.
Top alcohol and skilled bartenders! The beach is small but beautiful. Many return guests so you know this is a great resort! The suites are representative of old Jamaica. Will definitely be back!

Room tip: We prefer the rooms on the west wing. All rooms have ocean views but the rooms with verandahs are the very best. Worth a few $$ more.
2  Thank garyandsue515
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We come yearly with friends. Rooms are large, beds are comfortable, and the view amazing. Staff is wonderful. It’s our go to place to totally relax and enjoy being pampered. There are three restaurants and the food is amazing. We love that it is small, so we never feel crowded. Quiet, peaceful and relaxing.

1  Thank bettybW7359TD

Hello and thank you for your review of Sandals Royal Plantation. We are happy you enjoyed the serene aura and beauty of the resort. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back to one of our Sandals properties for another great vacation experience!

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

My husband and I recently returned from our stay at SRP. This resort has absolutely the most gorgeous views we have ever experienced at a resort.
Our butlers were Neil & Chase ! They provided exceptional service and always made us feel special ! Thank you to best butler team ! We miss you both !
Thank you to Tavia at Loyalty. You are a treasure ! Very friendly and so patient as I change my mind often with future booking dates ! However ! I did book two future trips and trying to figure out vacation time to sneak in another trip at SRP. I am determined to do so.
Thank you to Kessene Brown of housekeeping and I do apologize for not getting the name of her lovely co worker who also provided excellent service.
Thank you to Winston at Le Papillon. Truly our favorite dining experience. Gorgeous restaurant and exceptional service!
Thank you to Adrian who provided excellent beverage service always with a smile and a wonderful sense of humor !
Thank you also to Sanya at Le Gourmand on the Ochi Resort side for your exceptional service & beautiful smile !
Looking forward each morning to our coffee thank you Barbara for always starting our day with a smile !
This resort is a gem and by far the most relaxing vacation we have experienced. Thank you all & we will definitely be returning ! I just need more vacation days !

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2020

This was my first time to Jamaica and my first stay at a Sandals resort. All in all, I loved it—I booked two more trips before I left!—and I would rate the whole experience 4.5 stars. My fiancé and I were treated wonderfully from the moment we arrived. Our butlers were Hector and Orlando and both were great—Hector for outstanding service and Orlando for his humor and charm.

I had two wonderful massages while here.

Special shout out to Barbara for providing such wonderful service at breakfast each morning, and Georgia for helping me become a loyalty member. I am island hopping at the moment, and it makes me happy that I’ve found a resort chain that I like. ALL of the service was really great with a few minor hiccups, (I was served a food I was allergic to, but they were very attentive and handled it like pros when I let them know).

We did go to Ochi next door for dinner a few times, as the dinner options can get a little tiresome after a few doors. The best food we had was at The Grill, followed by the French restaurant (we waited forever for our food here) and then The Terrace.

Afternoon tea was lovely, but once when we went the service was very poor (no greeting for fifteen minutes).

I liked the cats and peacocks a lot, as I am an animal lover.

I am staying at Royal Barbados in August for my birthday, and I hope Sandals continues to win me over.