$294
$136
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$115
$75
$60
Casa De Shalom(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$56
The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$159
Official Site
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$52
  • Bar/Lounge
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
$65
$52
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$92
$385
$339
TripAdvisor
2,808 results
All reviewswobbly peacockle papillonbeach butlerroyal grilleast beachfrench restaurantterrace restaurantpeter fraserfrench balconyarnold nugentlobster bltbutler servicerose waterour honeymooneast wingfood and beverage managerthe general manager
Reviewed November 29, 2005

My wife and I just returned from our one-week honeymoon stay at the Royal Plantation. I had read the many reviews here and was confident that we are in for a nice experience - but had no idea to what degree.

Every step of the way, the staff of the Royal Plantation continuously suprised us with their sincere desire to ensure that we had the best time possible.

We arrived to rain - heavy rain, yet the beauty of the ocean view from our room kept us busy for hours. Fortunately, the sun came out a short time later and we were able to take full advantage of the tropical beauty.

The food was far more superior than anything that we have tasted at any other all-inclusive resorts, with high marks going to the chef for presentation, taste and authenticity of popular local dishes served with 5-star elegance.

The rooms are spacious, and well-decorated with beautiful mahogany, four-poster beds and some of the finest linens we have ever slept in. We actually stayed in a Deluxe suite, which is their "lowest" class of rooms because the hotel was booked solid otherwise when we inquired. Yet even the Deluxe suite felt like a palace given the stunning view of the sea just steps from our window. It had a spacious sitting room in front of the balcony doors where we spent many a lazy hour watching and listening to mezmorizing waves lightly hitting the beach below.

The hotel sits on a small cliff about 50 feet or so above sea level. There are quite a bit of stairs to get to the beach, so some people may want to take that into consideration.

The watersports are fantastic, and the staff was more than willing to help me through a very strenous try at windsurfing. I'm confident that I gave them many laughs that day.

We did not get a chance to try the Spa, yet every single person we talked to raved over the treatments that they received.

This is a small resort, where emphasis is placed on service, food and atmosphere. If you are looking for non-stop action, I'm sure there are much better hotels for you. However, if you are looking for a vacation where you can step into an elegant paradise full of 5-star pampering, then I cannot recommend to you more, the Royal Plantation. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks to all the management and staff for making our honeymoon so memorable - we will definitely return soon!

25  Thank JoeDoc
Reviewed November 20, 2005

I travel a lot with my job and am used to staying in 4-5 star hotels across the U.S. In the course of driving the 2 hours between the airport and the hotel and checking out some of the other properties along the way, I was getting worried about our accommodations. Everything looked so...old and rundown. Then we turned the corner into RP and all my worries melted away. The grounds were stunning - well kept and the colors were so bright, even on an overcast day. We were checked in very fast and shown to our room immediately - the concierge promised we had the best view and he didn't lie (ask for suite 201). We immediately ran downstairs and walked along the beach and then read and took naps in one of the hammocks. The peace and quiet was unbelieveable. I was very adamant about being in a small hotel and I loved it - sometimes it felt like we were the only ones in our own private paradise. They have activities set up some nights if you want to be social, but we chose to drink champagne and soak in the hot tub. :)
The big thing about RP is that they are there to cater to you. We had top shelf liquor provided to us in our room free of charge, meals prepared how we wanted them, and some days we even ate breakfast right by the pool. Most of the staff is amazingly friendly, save for a couple of surly attitudes among the breakfast bunch at the downstairs restaurant.
We were perfectly content to laze around, but did go to Dunn's River Falls. We didn't particularly care for it since we didn't realize you had to climb up the falls, but it was breathtakenly gorgeous. Glad we did it (expensive - $62 for 2 through the onsite tour director), but won't do it again. When leaving, go back out through the entrance to avoid the pushy and insulting vendors.
When I got home, I called my dad and told him he better take mom to RP on a second honeymoon. I'd go back in an instant.

21  Thank Heather G
A TripAdvisor Member
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2005

The Royal is a great place to vacation if you want a place to relax with good food, beautiful amenities and first class service. If you want the Sandals experience with non-stop activities and the mass production mentality, keep looking. My wife and I just returned from the Royal and it was GREAT! The service is outstanding and the food was much better than you would expect. The spa gave us a great couples massage as part of our Treat us like Royalty Bundle. I would highly recommend the river tubing if you want a fun afternoon tour. It was great. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and we will definitely return.

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 28, 2005

My Fiance and I just returned from this undiscovered piece of heaven a few days ago, and I can't STILL can't stop beaming from ear to ear. We had THE most romantic holiday in our entire 8 year relationship, and TRUST ME, we've travelled the world. Royal Plantation is BEAUTIFULLY intimate, yet totally lavish in every 5 star way imaginable, from the fine italian linens and plush down duvets on the beds to the personal beach butlers on the beach (for when we couldn't muster up our strength to get up off our chaise lounge and make it to the Royal Cafe).
However, it's Royal Plantation's staff and service that stand superior to that of any hotel we've ever stayed at. Just judging it against the last two getaways we've taken, the Mandarin Oriental in Miami (where we took our previous getaway a few months ago) and to the Four Seasons in LA (where we stayed last november), the staff (or family as they like to call themselves) at Royal Plantation stand out on top. These guys KNOW how to please and cater to every request, and it was always done with an intoxicatingly beaming smile. Take this story from our stay as an example...Royal Plantation offers complimentary tea on their breezy plantation terrace, for free, every afternoon. However, one afternoon, feeling a little creative, we asked the hotel whether we could have a private tea out in the gardens on a blanket. Before we could even finish the request, their answer was "yes." So we decided to get even more creative and called them back saying we'd changed our minds, and that instead of the tea, we wanted to have a private garden picnic with wine and cheeses and a dessert selection (just for fun, and for the romance of it). Before we could blink, we were rung back to say the butler would be at our room shortly to escort us to our picnic. Low and behold, "knock, knock, knock..." We were taken to one of the hotel's cozy nooks in the gardens and there spread out was an actual tartan blanket, bottle of our favorite wine (sitting chilling it it's silver wine bucket with ice) and the cutest woven picnic basket overflowing with goodies from fresh baked breads, plates of cheeses (at least 7 differest kinds) and the desserts...lots of little tarts, slices of pies and the signiature molten chocolate torte with warm Appleton rum sauce (which we fell in love with the night before at Le Papillon) to top it all off.
I could go on and on and on. I'm heading back right after the new year so I'll write more then. I've found my piece of paradise, life just does not get any better.
PS: did I mention that the beach butlers spend their time misting you with lavender water on the beach (to cool you off) and offering you chilled fresh fruit (at no cost what so ever) should you feel the need to morph into a spoilt prince and princess? they also walk around serving complimentary mango mimosas between 11am-1pm!

• Stayed: October 2005
37  Thank charlottegirl
Reviewed October 16, 2005

Beautiful property, excellent service, wonderful food, pristine cleanliness abounds. My boyfriend and I had the best vacation of our lives! This is paradise. Accolades to the staff and management team for providing us with a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: October 2005