Our travel Agent recommended The Royal Plantation for our wedding and our family vacation. The resort is magnificent and we travel quite a bit and we have never experienced such incredible service before.
The resort is so beautiful and the employess are so polite. They goal is to make sure you're happy. When the time came for us to leave we were almost in tears. I did not want to go home. We cannot wait to get back to the peace and tranquility of the resort again. As a matter of fact my husband and I are going back again February 2006
We stayed in the Governor's General Suite, the suite is so beautiful, the master bedroom has a gorgeous poster bed and a juccuzi in the bathoom. There's two seperate balconies with the most breathtaking views. The bar was always full of every kind of alcohol beverage you can think of. Expensive ones. All was inclusive.
The food, breakfast, luch and dinner was incredible, just be careful you can gain major wait from the food. Everything was so delicious.
The pool are is lovely, not as big as some hotel pools I've seen but more luxurious. my family enjoyed it.
The beach attendants were wonderful, laying out towels and made sure we had umbrellas for shade. They made sure we always had drinks. Oh the drinks oh my, any type of tropical drinks you can think of.
The Spa is out of this world. We gave all our families spa treatments, facials and massages. Some member of our families could not keep away from the spa. The couples include me and my husband got couples massage. Allitle bit on the expensive side but well woth it and fabulous.
Restaurants are great. We dine at three different restaurants, two f them we casual but one was very upscale and you had be dress properly.
We paid an all inclusive package including the food I think it's an excellent value for what we got. The only think I did not like is that the travel agent told us all the activities were included. Including going next door to Sandals. Wwe found out when we got there that was not the case. So the activities we extra, kind of expensive so we did not do too much activities. My daughter and younger sister loved jet skiing, so they did allot of that, $20.00 a pop.
From what the travel agent told us we expected a great wedding, well it was nothink like the travel agent explained to us. It was better than we had imagined it would be. Our wedding Cordinator Andre was the most wonderful person we have ever met. He took the time to go over everything little details with us, from the time, site food, music, etc. everything.
Our wedding ceremony took place on the pier and the reception in doors in a beautiful room. We relased two white doves at the wedding. We will absolutely re-new our 10, 25, 50 etc. vows there. I highly recomend the Royal Plantation for any one wedding. Andre Reid is the man, he will give you your dream wedding.
Overall me and my family we definitelygo back for our vacations. It is the best hotel/resort we have ever stayed in. We are extremely happy!
I'm including some of the beautiful picutres we took of the resort, our suite and our wedding.
I want take this opportunity to thank the following peole who made our wedging/vacation enjoyable.
Andre - for giving me my dream wedding.
Durant - for the most romantic diner on the pier.
Susan - for making sure I had the honey moon suite I dreamt of.
Claudete - the couple massage for me and my husband
Neika - for making my hair and face beautiful for my wedding.
Damian - for showing us to our rooms
Restaurant Managers, Supervisors and staffs - for making sure our favorite meals we serve to us. Especialy for my Jaimacan Patties, they were delicous.
Everyone else who made our stay the most memorable. All the managers, The gift shop staff, the Spa staff, the from desk staff, the Concierge. Houskeeping. Thanks to all the Resort Staffs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios