I recently vacationed with my boyfriend at Sandals Royal Plantation and let me tell you it was paradise. Once we arrived, Sherril(one of our butlers) takes us to our room, I was surprised to see that there were birthday decorations, a bubble bath, and a birthday cake waiting for me. I don't think that there could have been a better way to start our vacation. I have to give a special thanks to my boyfriend and our lovely butlers Sherril and Hector.
Sherril and Hector are genuinely two of the most kindest people i've ever meant. My boyfriend and I are pretty laid back and we did not need much but they go beyond there way to make sure that we have anything and everything. For example we decided to change our dinner reservation, we did not care where we would dine that evening so we just asked Hector to surprise us with another place. Hector just tells us to be ready by 7:00 and he then takes us down to a private table, looking out to the beach. It was breathtaking, the table was set with flower petals and a candle lit dinner. Make sure to take good care of your butlers because they will go beyond their way to take great care of you!
The rest of the Royal Plantation staff is phenomenal as well! Oneil, who is part of the beach/pool staff is great. He was very helpful and friendly. He made sure we had everything to make us comfortable on the beach! The Wobbly Peacock is a must! You have to sit at the bar and grab a few drinks. There lovely bartenders, Garrnet, Andre, and Junior will keep you great company!
My boyfriend and I ventured outside of the resort and we went to Blue Hole(a must), had great jerk at Scotchies, and did some shopping. If you plan on venturing out, ask your butler to get you in contact with one of their drivers Orville! Orville is another genuine person we meant on this wonderful vacation! He took great care of us and showed us around Ocho Rios.
** Yes Royal Plantation is probably Sandal's smallest resorts but one of the perks is that bond you get with the staff also staying at RP you get all the perks of the Sandals Grande Riviera Resort next door!
We had a blast vacationing at the Royal Plantation - We can't wait till our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, HotelsClick, Jetsetter, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios