My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon at RP on Monday June 2nd. It was a wonderful experience. Everything top notch. The food , as all the other reviews state is top notch. The grounds are just beautiful. Lots of lush trees and peacocks roaming around ( BEWARE THEY ARE LOUD IN THE MORNING-EARLY). We spent 2 evenings for dinner at Grand Riviera next door and the shuttle was timely and convenient. We were not sure what to use butlers for as we are not too needy, but we did enjoy having them make reservations for us, setting up excursions and having their company ( they were both amazing people). Our butlers were Neil and Kenroy and they left a special surprise of rose petals, card and chocolates on our bed one evening. An awesome touch. They were readily available when we needed them and only checked on us once or twice daily ( which was just perfect for us). They can accept tips and definitely should be if your experience is as good as ours was.
We enjoyed getting to know all the staff and special shout outs to those that made our honeymoon the most special are our butlers stated above, Oshane the activities coordinator ( I hope the dance competition today goes well!), Daniello, Andre, Adrian, Cleon, Richard, Oral , Orlando and Junior. These individuals range from beach servers, restaurant servers, bartenders and more and provided the best service as well as wonderful company. My husband and I can't wait to return and see you all again as we left feeling like friends. Due to the small nature of the resort I'm not sure it would make sense to have more restaurants, but perhaps a bit more variety or change throughout week during lunch and breakfast. Next door has more options in restaurants ( we had sushi and Mediterranean) .
The only disappointment I had was I got a "sports " message at the spa and It was more expensive than the average massage I would pay for but I was looking forward to some deep tissue work after 17 months of wedding planning. The massage was relaxing but not, in my opinion, worth the 200$ I spent on it. It was supposed to have deep tissue and get out knots and it was neither. I also told the masseuse I my jaw was bothering me and perhaps she could do some massaging around that area with neck and she stated" this isn't normally included but I will since you said its hurting)?!? It said full body in the brochure and I've always had my head and neck massaged on a full body so it was a bit confusing. The actual spa experience was wonderful. Flavored water, free access of steam and sauna rooms and free shampoo and conditioners with a great smell. I just expected better quality massage.
The crowd during our stay at RP was 40 and over which we expected based on reviews and so it's laid back and relaxed in evenings. This quietness was not a con for us, we enjoyed every minute of our stay a but we may go next door more the next time we stay to get some variety of experiences. Beaches are small but perfect for laying out and reading. We never had any issues finding chairs as some of reported in other reviews.
Cons: Spa massage was overpriced and subpar ( in my opinion), everyone turns in early-so if you are night owls keep this in mind( we honestly got tired pretty early after dinner and drinks so again not an issue for us). The 2 hour drive to and from the airport ( not RP problem at all). The driving there is a bit crazy and I found myself gripping my seat because the drivers weaving in and out and around us and almost hitting head on traffic made me nervous.
Pros: EVERYTHING: STAFF, FOOD, SIZE of resort, SERVICE, FACILITIES.
We hope to return in the near future :))
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios