WOW! What an amazing vacation. RP deserves every bit of positive praise it receives. My fiancée and I went right after Gustav blew through the Caribbean. Air Jamaica started our trip out in the worst way by delaying the flight 14 hours. Yep. Instead of arriving in Mo' Bay around 4:30 in the afternoon on Saturday August 30, we arrived at 3:30 in the morning, Sunday, August 31 (we're never flying Air Jamaica again). At one point in the airport my fiancée suggested we "cash in" our travel insurance and forget the whole thing. Fortunately, I convinced her otherwise. I stayed in touch with the front desk at RP advising them of our travel status. When we arrived in Mo' Bay in the wee hours of Sunday morning, our driver was there to meet us and quickly got us to the resort (thanks Heinz). I had mentioned in one of my calls to them that we had had very little to eat at the airport. When we arrived in our room, a fruit and cheese tray was there waiting for us. Amazing service right from the get go. We knew we had made a good decision. Please believe me when I say that it's the people that make this resort what it is. Yes, the food is amazing and the grounds are beautiful (see my pics) but those aren't the things that make you feel special, like family. Before I give my shout outs, let me offer this one SUPER valuable piece of advice. Book your reservations and take advantage of the Royal Plan. If you go EP, don't be surprised at the price of food, drink and activities. If you are wise enough to purchase the Royal Plan option, you will have one of the most carefree (spoiled) vacations of your life. You will want for absolutely nothing. Consider yourself informed. To our guys at breakfast and lunch (Michael, Ramone and Basil), thanks for seeing to us every morning with smiles and the enthusiastic, "Yeh Mon" that encouraged me to try all the local dishes (I loved the Ackee and Saltfish). Breakfast hasn't been the same since we got back! To the guys that took awesome care of us at dinner (Audell, Melton and Jeffison), who taught us, when you can't decide on one menu item, no problem, try 'em both! You recommendations were always spot on. Jeffison, your engaging conversation and positive outlook on everyday life made the meals that much more enjoyable. To the ladies of Royal Plantation (Iolla, Natalie and Camara)...you made the afternoons so relaxing. We really enjoyed drinks on the terrace (I experienced my first "tea time"). Natalie and Camara, your big smiles and soft-spoken manner endeared us to you from our first meeting. To our guys on the beach who made sure we had plenty to do, plenty to drink and plenty of shade to sit in when the temperature climbed (Cleon, Courtney and Dwight). A big thanks Mon. Don't even think of lifting a finger to do anything for yourself while you're out on the beach. One of the friendly staff will promptly remind you that what you're trying to do is their job and you're on vacation. It really has been tough adjusting to the "real world" since coming home! To the management at RP (Mr. Fraser, Shawn, Christine and Brean). Your attention to detail and your willingness to engage us one-on-one to ensure our vacation was living up to our expectations meant more to us than you can imagine. Last and most certainly not least, our deepest thanks to the housekeeping and grounds staff (Mr. Black, we're doing great Mon, I hope this letter finds you well). While we never had the opportunity to meet many of you personally, we appreciate your hard work and tireless effort you put in each and every day to make Royal Plantation what it is. In the heat of the day as we sipped Mangosas on the beach, we observed, and were impressed by, the way you all conducted yourselves. It's hard work and we thank you sincerely for all you do. For those reading this review that may think I've rambled, my apologies. But what I hope you take away from this is that while we were there only 6 days, the staff made such an impact on us that we will never forget our time at RP and the friendships we made. BTW, we met several couples during the week. One couple had returned to the resort for the ninth time. The other, their third time. Both said it was the people that kept them coming back. We agree and will "Soon Come Back" to this little corner of heaven.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios