Sandals Royal Plantation
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$115
Hotels.com
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
$585
$902
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$87
$66
Travelocity
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$88
$69
$749
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,730 results
All reviewswobbly peacockle papillonbeach butlerroyal grilleast beachterrace restaurantfrench restaurantpeter fraserfrench balconyarnold nugentbutler servicelobster bltrose waterour honeymoonfood and beverage managereast wingthe general manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a wonderful stay at the Sandals Royal Plantation between 2/8-2/14/14. We stayed in Honeymoon Oceanfront Verandah Butler Suite, Suite #355. What a great location for the most beautiful view of the Caribbean. Before I get too far into my review I want to give a shout out to our outstanding butlers assigned to us while at the resort. Hector and Sherril were incredible when it came to taking care of all of our day-to-day needs like restaurant reservations, keeping our room stocked with our favorite beverages, snacks, and other incidental requests that we asked them to take care of for us. They were always a cell phone call away but never right on top of us. Our outstanding stay at this fine resort was primarily due to Hector and Sherril's professional, courteous, and personalized service. Thanks to the both of them for an outstanding job.
Our time at the SRP was mostly spent enjoying the beach on the West side of the resort. The beach is small but very well maintained by an outstanding beach staff starting with Chad who was one of the lifeguards that touched us everyday when we arrived to select our lounge chair locations near the waters edge. Chad along with the other fine lifeguards did an outstanding job of making sure all their guests down at the beach had towels, umbrellas, and a place to relax and read a good book. When it came to enjoying our favorite beverages I want personally thank Adrian and Cleon for making sure our glasses were always filled will the beverage or snack of our choice. These two fine gentlemen are to be commended for their personalized, professional, and courteous service. We look forward to seeing them again in the near future the next time we visit the SRP. Thanks Adrian and Cleon for blessing us with your contagious smiling faces everyday on the beach.
What can I say about the fine restaurants at the SRP except they are some of the best we have enjoyed in many years. The Terrace, Royal Grill, and our favorite La Papillon, provided some the outstanding meal selections. The French Onion Soup, Salmon, Rack of Lamb, and Filet Mignon were some of our favorites we enjoyed at the La Papillon. A big thanks to AnnMarie, Taniqua Dillon and Romaine Jones for providing outstanding service when my wife and I dined at the Terrace and La Papillon. We enjoyed all of our dining options starting with room service in the morning to enjoying lunch at the Terrace and Royal Grill and finishing out the day with having to decide on whether we would dine at the Royal Grill, The Terrace, or La Papillon. No matter what restaurant you select I promise you won't be disappointed. The entire staff makes with their smiling faces make the experience one to remember for a long time. I would be remiss if I didn't mention some of the other staff members that touched us during our staying starting with a new member of the staff by the name of Romario "Rambo" Sherman. Rambo was in training and I have to say this young man was one of the most professional, courteous, and energetic people we have ever met. During our stay Rambo always made it a point to search us out when he was working one of the bars at the Royal Grill on the beach or at the Wobbly Peacock at night. Rambo received his certificate of training while we were there and he was so proud that he has made the next step to becoming a valuable member of the Sandals Royal Plantation Staff. Well done Rambo! We look forward to seeing great things from you in the future. Other wonderful folks that touched us during our stay was the entertainment director, O'Shane and bartender at the Wobbly Peacock. These two fine individuals always made it a point to take care of my wife and I and offer a warm greeting during the day or at night. Thanks for your great service guys.
I can go on and on about our stay at the SRP. This was our second Sandals Resort vacation since 2013. What stands out the most about making the choice to stay at a Sandals Resort is the outstanding service, wonderful staff that touch you while on vacation, and great value for your money. In addition, you meet some great guests while on vacation. My wife and I want to give a shout out to Tim and Sandy, Chris and Vickie, Chris and Becky and Nick and Jane. We came to spend much of our time with these great new friends at the beach, while dining, and enjoying an after dinner drink or two while at the resort. We hope to cross paths at another Sandals Resort sometime in the near future. Thanks to all of you for touching our lives at the beautiful Sandals Royal Plantation.
Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the reason why we selected the Sandals Royal Plantation over their other fine resorts. We were looking for a small boutique type resort. So, to make sure we selected the right place to stay, I consulted with our outstanding and professional travel consultant, Ruth Demuth, with TripGuy Travel. Ruth stirred us in the right direction and suggested we stay at the Sandals Royal Plantation. This was the right decision and one that we will remember for a long time. Ruth is a "Sandals Resort" expert and with that said we will without a doubt continue to seek her advice for our travel needs to a Sandals Resort in the future. Thanks Ruth for making this a dream come true vacation. You were "Spot On" and we truly appreciate it.
Great Stay; Great Staff; and Great Resort!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you are looking for the best view of the resort and Caribbean you should consider staying in a second or third floor suite. All rooms face the water.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank tejas4us
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I'm not one to normally write reviews, but after our stay last week at Sandals Royal Plantation to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary, I wanted to share how special this place truly is. As a world traveller, and as everyone notes, the resort is exceptional in its service and staff, its gourmet well-prepared cuisine, a gorgeous hotel rich in history, and it provides a beautiful place to escape and relax.

We are in our late 30s/ early 40s and while we may have been on the younger side, we enjoyed meeting new friends in both other guests and the staff. Our butlers Richard and Sheldon were there if we needed them, and unobtrusive when we didn't. Oshane, Andre, and Junior entertained and served excellent cocktails in the Wobbly Peacock each night following the evening's live entertainment. And Cleon and Adrian kept us well supplied with excellent drinks from the beach bar, a "dirty banana" is the best!

Really, anything you want is available just ask. One guest asked for coconut water and the gardener brought her a coconut fresh off the tree with two straws. A simple question to the head chef about the preparation of breadfruit lead to a great accompaniment at my breakfast the next day. Seriously just ask.

One small thing for improvement-- the spa staff makes endless requests on the beach for you do to services. It would have been nice not to be asked everyday, especially after we had already enjoyed wonderful massages.

All in all a wonderful, relaxing, retreat-- highly recommend!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sss2009
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The Pros Room, Honeymoon Ocean Front Veranda excellent. The room was large, clean, whirlpool tub, Hugh veranda with wet bar and a great ocean view. Food was OK but only two restaurants a little boring. Drinks were top shelf and not watered down. Butlers, Sheldon and Richard were excellent.
Non smoking on grounds except for designated area.
Quite, older reserved crowd.
Cons: if you are a beach person don't come here. The beach is very small and divided into two sections. The sun is gone by 1 PM.
Butlers were great but everybody gets one so nothing special.
Pool is small with no swim up bar.
All inclusive no tipping.? Think again the butlers get approx. $100. Each which is the norm and since you must have a butler service you must tip. Want a drink on the beach or pool side, new Sandals policy you tip. Want a chair at beach or pool you either get up at 6:00 AM and put a towel and personal item on chair or you tip the chair guy and he will unofficial reserve it for you.
Two hour ride from airport to hotel.
This is my second Sandals vacation. St. Lucia much better choice.

Room Tip: Ocean front veranda, second or third floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank firstlight03
Cassie C, Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

We regret to hear that we did not meet quite your expectations. We have many guests who feel the direct opposite and have boasted of our exceptional vacation experience. However, as hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process so we thank you for your review. I will be sure to send your feedback to the General Manager and relevant departments.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Royal plantation was better than we could've imagined! The staff was so personable and friendly. The waitstaff and bartenders remembered our names from first day. The room was beautiful with oversized French patio and cushy chairs to watch the beautiful views. There's an amazing hot tub and the beach staff kept the beach immaculate! Having food restrictions, they accommodated and it was the best food we've ever had.
If you're looking for a mature, classy, clean, quiet get away this is perfect. Plus, if you want a bit more excitement you have the ability to walk or shuttle next door to the grande riviera.

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank Lisa C

It's so wonderful to hear of your phenomenal stay at Sandals Royal Plantation! Our staff works very hard to ensure that the needs of all of our guests are met. We want everyone to feel comfortable and surrounded by luxury. I'm so glad you enjoyed every moment of your stay. Thank you for your review!

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Hubby and me spent December 19 - Jan 2 at RP and overall had a lovely time. The resort is quite compact (see "resort snapshot": lower left roof: Grill & west beach; pink umbrellas: pool & hot tubs; right roof: gazebo; across from that: entrance to front desk, pub & Le Papillion; front right: The Terrace). Very little walking around compared to most resorts anywhere. However, if you have mobility issues, there are many stairs from the terrace to the beach. There is an elevator in the west building but still a couple dozen stairs before you hit sand.

RP is a great place to stay if you want a quieter experience than large resorts. If you want your stay even quieter, ask for a room on the east side because the west side does hear the spillover of live music during the day (occasionally) and every evening from GR. RP has the same routine: live music most lunches at the Grill and every evening on the terrace, but the music stops by 10:30pm, though the pub is popular after the band packs up.

Jamaica has banned smoking outdoors. While the hotel is also smoke-free, I believe smoking is permitted on the east beach. I thought there were enough umbrellas/palapas on the west beach for shade lovers like myself but if the best did happen to be taken, I would go up to the main terrace and find a comfy sofa to curl up on and read. You can still hear and see the ocean. You can't physically see both beaches at once but there is a path to get from one to the other. This also means there's no real stretch of sand for a long walk. FYI: I spent almost every day at the beach with no sign of sand fleas.

We did have a problem with the beach butlers. They're certainly friendly enough but - and maybe there were more drinkers during our stay - our drinks took too long to arrive (read diluted), more times than not. However, there are others around who can also get you drinks and when you tip C.O.D., as we did, you'll find they'll take good care of you too.

Everyone mentions the great food, but specifically, our steaks arrived exactly as ordered, the lobsters and shrimps and veggies were never over-cooked. Le Papillion's menu never changes but the Terrace's does and its food is just as good. And if you want something off-menu, all you have to do is ask. The quality of food is the best I've had at any of the six all-inclusives I've been to, including Sandals' own Beaches and Exuma Bay. Christmas dinner was a pleasant contemporary take on traditional turkey/ham fare. They threw a great New Year's Eve party.

I would never call this a deal breaker, but we were serenaded every night, dusk to dawn, by tree frogs. They sound like lots of loud crickets. Closing the bathroom door will muffle the sound. There wouldn't be a problem in the room if there weren't - and here's my biggest complaint - open-air bathroom windows. They face the walkway and allow the transfer of noises: music, frogs and passing conversations and, of course, our own noises.

Another slight miss for us was the location of the hot tubs. They are directly behind and below the terrace gazebo. We've always enjoyed a dip in a hot tub after dinner, before retiring to our room (we don't come for the nightlife); however, I was not brazen enough to walk past everyone and the band in my robe to get to them. We had to settle for sundown dips, which just weren't the same.

We went over to GR a few times, mostly for lunch time pizza, and honestly, food-wise, pizza's the only reason to go. You can get a shuttle but sometimes you may get stuck on a scenic route while it makes its rounds into GR's grounds. It's much easier to simply carry on past the west beach pier for a couple of minutes' (tops) walk and you're there. Though if you're dressed for dinner, take the shuttle.

My husband dives and his overall impression was that the diving was pretty good: the water is warm, the sites are close by, the crew is good, relaxed. The down sides were he found the shallow dives boring (not much to see) and they don't offer two-tank dives, meaning a morning dive and an afternoon dive. Average to below-average marine life.

I know everyone says it but it's true: the staff is fantastic. Yes, it's their job to smile and say hello but I spoke with many of them throughout my stay and I truly got the feeling that they enjoy working there. Great staff. Great food. Royal Plantation promises a lot and delivers. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank choosehappiness

Sounds like you truly had a marvelous stay with us! We love to hear our guests boast about our wonderful property, delicious food and our friendly, eager-to-serve staff. Thank you so much for your review. We certainly hope to welcome you back soon for another awesome stay!