We vacationed at the SRP Nov. 21 - Dec 1, 2013. My husband and I had not been to a Sandals property since 2010 (Sandals Emerald Bay) and upon seeing this property, we knew we had found our Sandals 'home'! From the moment we arrived we were treated like family and the staff could not have been more friendly and hospitable.
We were in Suite 303, and our butlers were Romaine and Hector. They were wonderful! Such friendly and helpful gentlemen. My birthday fell on the 23rd. We asked Romaine to book the Island Routes Catamaran tour to Dunn's River to celebrate and upon returning, the room was decorated, a warm rose petal bath had been drawn and a birthday card was waiting. It was a very pleasant surprise and much appreciated after climbing the Falls!
The food and service in the restaurants was excellent! I can honestly say we did not have one bad meal during our stay. We were able to attend the Diamond guest luncheon twice (thanks, Kelly Ann!) and the returning guest dinner on the Tuesday evening. These were very special and well done 'perks' for returning guests and the photos and momentos will be cherished. LePapillon served delicious rack of lamb, and fillet and we enjoyed the Lobster BLT and coconut shrimp at the Seaside Grill! Breakfast at the Terrace, was very nice. The views were amazing and being able to order off the menu or use the buffet seemed to accommodate most appetites.(I highly recommend the mediterranean omelette!) One of my favourite Sandals inclusions, is the variety of soups available in the restaurants, and I was not disappointed. I think I tried them all (the pumpkin soup is a favourite)!
Evenings in the Wobbly Peacock were very enjoyable, whether stopping in for a night cap or participating in the singalong. Junior and Yanequia (sorry about the spelling) were always greeting you with a smile and conversation. Wish I could remember everyone's names to give a shout out as all the wait staff were excellent! Days on 'Smoker's Beach", Adrian and Cleon took care of everyone's drinks quickly and efficiently. I don't know how they did it. The Watersports team made sure everyone was comfortable setting up the loungers and having plenty of towels too.
All the staff seemed to be in tune with one another, and there never seemed to be any bumps in the road. I'm sure that this can be attributed in no small part to the GM, Mark Starkey. In all our Sandals stays, I can honestly say that my husband and I have not been treated so hospitably or royally. Mark is very approachable and is eager to hear feedback. Mark took the time to say goodbye to us at our departure (sorry to interrupt your family time!) and we were very surprised to receive an email from him the next day enquiring about our trip home. It is these small special gestures that ensured our booking our return visit to SRP next year before we left. This will mark the first time we have returned for a second visit to a property, but after our experience this year it was apparent we had found our Sandals home and family!
We went to SRP anticipating a relaxing, romantic vacation and we were not disappointed. Thank you Mark and staff for an amazing vacation! Can't wait until November 2014!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios