We have just returned form our sixth stay in 9 years at The Royal Plantation and it has to be our favourite one so far. As is clear from a lot of other reviews, the levels of service and the staff at the hotel make it a very special destination indeed. It would be impossible to name everyone who helped to make our holiday perfect but we do want to mention a few individuals who were fantastic. Our butlers, Shelley Ann and Jermaine were just great and so friendly; the bar staff are exceptional, particularly Sean (a seantastic dinner guest indeed for our final meal!) and Andre - "Oh my God" you made us laugh! The hotel is low key in many ways which is what we love about the place, but the entertainment provided is always well judged and the result of very hard work by Jason and OShane and the amazing pianist, Andre.
The food at the hotel is exceptionally good - they have a brilliant team - and this is now led by the new Food and Beverage manager, Rui who we think is a star! We really enjoyed spending time talking to Rui and he helped to make our stay memorable;we hope his family will soon abe able to join him in Jamaica. As mentioned the food is great and all the restaurant servers are universally excellent. We appreciated being able to eat at the Royal Grill in the evenings in the summer months and loved the variety of food available for lunch. A huge thank you to Shanniel and Romane (thanks for the goodbye song!) at the Terrace and the rest of the team, and everyone at Le Papillon which continues to be our favourite place. The servers were brilliant and so professional and friendly.
As you can see this hotel is our favourite place for a holiday and we are counting the days to our next trip in 2014. A huge thank you to Peter Fraser for all the years of hospitality - good luck in Grenada- and to the new manager Mark Starkey who we think will be a huge success.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios