My husband and I enjoyed a great week at Sandals Royal Plantation from May 25 - June 1st. Our travel agent, the wonderful Amy McHugh of Dream Makers Vacation Services, booked this for us after we spent a week there last May and decided we had to return. This week was as good,if not better, than our previous week. Amy takes care of all the details and had arranged my birthday dinner for our first night of our trip as well as letting our butler know we wanted to take advantage of the spa upon arrival. We had a super couples massage and then back to our room to prepare for dinner at the French restaurant. The meal was fabulous and topped off by a special birthday cake and serenade by the wait staff.
We got into our routine of gym for an hour, then breakfast at the Terrace on the covered patio and then back to the room to get ready to hit the beach. Once on the beach, Adrian and Cleon took care of us from drinks to lunch to checking in on us for a chat. Tip: For lunch have the jerk shrimp from the Royal Cafe! The watersports team that takes care of the west beach guests/chairs/towels did an amazing job. As soon as you arrived on the beach, they would help you find a chair, set up the umbrella and provide you with beach towels. With most of our days spent at the beach, we really enjoyed this top-notch service from all of them. Adrian even helped us negotiate a wooden giraffe to bring home from the beach vendor.
In the evenings we ate at the restaurants at Royal Plantation with two exceptions. We went to Kelly's dockside one evening at Sandals Grande Riveria next door. It was nice but nothing special. We were happy to return to Royal Plantation though we do think we would enjoy staying at SGR someday.
The best dinner of the week was a custom dinner that Sean arranged for us. Sean is a bartender at the Wobbly Peacock bar and we always chatted with him in the evenings. He once asked if we liked sushi (we do) and asked if he could arrange a special treat for us one evening. We were super excited and looked forward to this. He told us to arrive at 8pm on Wednesday in the pub and he'd take care of everything. We arrived and he brought us both "Seantastics" - his signature martini and then shortly thereafter we had 2 trays of beautiful sushi in front of us. We then had an appetizer of spring rolls, a trio of chicken, shrimp and beef with steamed rice. It was such a treat!!! For desert, we had a lemon tart and lava cake. Such a great evening and such a wonderful surprise from Sean. We see big things in Sean's future!!!
Our room butlers, Sheldon and Ricardo, were also excellent and took great care of us throughout the week. At check-in, we were advised of an upgrade but it wasn't available until the 2nd day. No problem - Ricardo helped get us all moved and settled in (we didn't fully unpack knowing we were moving.) Our new room was perfect for us - on the west side of the resort just at the top of the steps from the beach on the ground floor. No one on either side of us and near the elevator. So convenient.
Our room included a sunset catamaran cruise which we enjoyed as well as a 30 minutes couples massage. We enjoyed our initial spa visit so much we booked again TWICE later in the week twice when we were advised of specials by the spa ladies coming around on the beach. During our last visit, we had lots of time to take advantage of the steam room and sauna (separately) since our services were back to back instead of together as a couple's massage.
We are diamond return guests and definitely enjoyed the perks. We were presented with a lovely wooden box with coffee cup set and Jamaican coffee at the return guest dinner. We were also invited to and attended a diamond guest luncheon hosted by Mr Fraser, the GM, and Kelly Ann from SCB desk. This was really a treat and hope other resorts adopt this practice.
All in all, we had a wonderful time. We are super excited about Mr Fraser's new position as the GM at the new Sandals in Grenada and will be booking there for 2015. I am certain that the remaining staff at Royal Plantation will carry on in his tradition and keep the Royal a super-special vacation destination. We'll definitely be back to Royal Plantation in the future...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios