From the moment we stepped off the plane everything was taken care of. The Sandals employees whisked everyone to the proper transportation to their respective resorts.
Upon arrival to Royal Plantation we were greeted by friendly Sandals employees and offered drinks. Our room wasn't ready, but we waited for only 45 minutes in the Wobbly Peacock pub and munched on a delicious cheese pizza. After that it was smooth sailing (well, swimming and snorkeling).
The rooms are fantastic and look like the pictures. Big, comfy bed, windows that open to let in warm and sunshine, huge closet, nice TV (who needs it though?), mini bar with all the trappings and bathroom with "his & her's" sinks. Daily maid service and evening turndown service work to complete the feeling of total relaxation in the room.
Our butlers, Marvin and Jermaine, were great. They were warm, friendly and simply could not do enough for us. I felt like our butlers, along with all the resort staff, truly cared that my boyfriend and I had a great time.
The beach, while on the smaller side, is quiet, clean and has plenty of chairs and umbrellas. Make sure to chat with Adrian, the bartender. He is friendly and makes fabulous drinks. Also, all of the drinks are handmade. Nothing neon comes out of a slurpee machine at this resort.
This brings me to food. I highly recommend the jerk chicken or fish dishes. Also, anything that has fruits and vegetables is amazing as the veggies and fruits and are ripe, fresh and the best I have had in a long time.
The evening entertainment was great. To be honest I was worried the music would be cheesy. Not.at.all. The music was lively and set the mood for fantastic evenings.
I highly recommend this resort for a week vacation of relaxation, sunshine and warm weather.
If you are still reading here are some quick pointers:
Royal Plantation is not for those seeking a huge party or lively nightlife. It is a relaxation resport.
This resort is unlike other Sandals resorts due to its smaller size (70 rooms).
The food, while very good, is not the best I have ever had. However, it is still very good.
The people who come here seem very laid-back and relaxed.
I don't believe you can find a better resort in Jamaice for this price.
If you haven't already, book your vacation here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Unique Vacations Inc, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios