My wife and I were blown away by our stay at the Royal Plantation. Our butlers Derron and Dacia were great and in no way overbearing. We were a little unsure of the butler concept, but it works really nicely, anything we wanted for our room they would take care of, which was usually Red Stripe and bottles of water. They made our restaurant reservations and checked in on us every once in a while. The rooms are very nice and all have a view of the ocean, we slept with the doors facing the ocean open so we could hear the the waves at night. The entertainment was very good, with Reggae bands, DJs and a really good piano player in the Wobbly Peacock for the end of evening fun. The bartenders are a lot of fun as well.
As many have pointed out, you do have access to the larger resort next door if you desire more "action", but we never left and spent most of our time on the beach. We never had any trouble finding chairs at about 10 am, so there was no need to rush down and save a seat. There are two beaches, we preferred the beach where the water activities were, there is beach service on both beaches, so getting another drink was never a problem. We also did some kayaking and snorkeling, both were a lot of fun and are included with the price.
The restaurants were all good, not the best dinner out I've ever experienced, but very good. Jamaica Night is a lot of fun, try the curried goat, it was amazing. We met a lot of nice couple from all over and across age brackets. The service is what really separates this resort, just a bunch of wonderful people wanting you to have the best stay possible.
My one minor complaint is that they charge for wi-fi access, which for this type of resort and price is a bit ridiculous, but wouldn't stop me from returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios