Sandals Royal Plantation
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$115
Very Good 4/5
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
$585
$529
Hotels.com
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
$380
$339
Excellent 5/5
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$120
$87
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
$65
Good 3.5/5
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$88
$749
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Excellent 5/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,731 results
All reviewswobbly peacockle papillonbeach butlerroyal grilleast beachterrace restaurantfrench restaurantpeter fraserfrench balconyarnold nugentbutler servicelobster bltrose waterour honeymoonfood and beverage managereast wingthe general manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I just got back from a couples trip that my work provides for all of its managers. We stayed here from Thursday Jan 17th thru Monday Jan 21st. The Royal Plantation is a very small hotel, only 74 suites. This hotel is for an older crowd, did not see many young couples at this resort. The rooms at this hotel all face the ocean with a view of the water and are very spacious. The bedroom portion of the hotel is very nice, the bathrooms are a little dated. Everything worked, but just looked like it could use a little update. The food was above average, with several selections at each restaurant that were unique. Make sure to get the Lobster BLT by the beach at the grill, it was fantastic. The staff is very attentive and will go out of their way to make your trip an enjoyable one. The beach and pool are small, so our larger group from work decided to walk to the Sandals property next door for a larger pool. I can't fault the hotel, especially if you are traveling as a couple, you will not need the space our large group did. If you are looking for complete relaxation, this resort is for you. If you are looking for nightlife, I would choose another property.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank debbiehughes702
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have travelled to over 50 countries and regularly go to to 5 and 5 1/2 star resorts around the caribbean. I love the Sandals resorts and have been to all of them. In the last year I have stayed at all the Sandals again but Negril. In May I was married at the Royal Plantation. It is by far their best resort mostly because of the food. Their french restaurant is the best restaurant I have eaten at in an all-inclusive hotel. Very few people have been to more places than myself. My favorite dish was the smoked salmon fetuccine for lunch. Darren mrtrip@vmobile.blackberry.com

Room Tip: Most rooms only have a french balcony. Any room with a full balcony is much larger. However our room was great without one.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MrFareconnect
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you, Darren, for your kind review of Sandals Royal Plantation and of our other Sandals properties. We're so happy to read that we are always able to offer you the best in luxury accommodations and fine dining during your time spent with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another amazing stay in the near future.

Cassie C.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary here Jan 3 - 10th, 2013. A smaller resort of 74 suites, with an older, quieter group (perfect for relaxing & romance). Superb room, gracious service, outstanding food, nice beach and beautiful setting. Stay here you will be impressed. Our butlers Germaine and Marvin continued to please us with their attentiveness to make sure we had the best time possible - even interesting animal towel creations in our room & a drawn hot bubble bath with flowers and candle light awaited us after an evening of entertainment. And they (like the rest of the staff) are really nice people too. Come here, have the best time, make some friends, and enjoy a bit of paradise. BTW, I am not a Sandals employee - they just have it dialed in!

Room Tip: Second and third floors with ocean views are the way to go!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank david f
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I have been traveling to this resort every Christmas week since 2005. That being said, obviously, we LOVE this place!! We were very concerned once this resort became part of the sandals chain BUT the past few years under Sandals has not disappointed us one bit. Yes there are changes, but the overall experience from the staff, to the food, to the immaculate kept grounds are second to none.

Over the past 7 years we have met so many wonderful people. The staff that we have come to know so well are the best of the best. Mr. Peter Frasier runs this resort, and he is, without a doubt, the reason this resort is so highly regarded. He is always visible and no problem goes unresolved.

The changes (from RP to SRP) that I am about to list, although a negative, certainly will not make us second guess our trip for Christmas 2013, but want to point out in hopes of being addressed to continue to be that "special" place that we love.

- Transport to and from the airport is no longer private. You may possibly be sharing the journey with other couples.

- Under RP, when the staff would enter your room, be it your butler, or room service attendant, they would always remove their shoes, leaving them outside the door. This is no longer being done. That requirement of the staff was another way this hotel stood apart and added that special touch. Much like the Peninsula hotels.

- Room Service (breakfast) presentation is not what it used to be. When you ordered the "muffin basket" it would always come with fresh delights wrap in linens in a basket. Now it is presented directly in the basket with plastic wrap around.

- The snacks in the room are very limited. A can of peanuts, and a bag of gummie fish is all that was in our suite this year. Previously there were more snacks which doesn't make sense since you do pay for the snacks that you consume.

- I felt our suite was a bit "tired" (suite 161). Although very clean the bathroom could use an upgrade...missing tiles, better lighting. Also the decorative picture on the wall was crooked so I went to straighten and it was nailed that way...

I know some of you may think my negatives are petty but when you have these initially at the resort and are no longer, it makes you wonder what other special details will eventually disappear.

My husband and I have never vacationed at any other Sandals property. We feel we found the best of the best with Royal Plantation and we will continue to vacation here every Christmas as long as it doesn't become what most folks call "sandalized"

Thank you Peter and your hard working staff for yet another unforgettable Christmas vacation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank DLanghorne
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I wanted a relaxing getaway for our honeymoon and we were not really sure where to book or even where to start looking. With the help of Beach Bum Vacation and our wonderful travel agent Lisa Zwissler we came across the Royal Plantation resort and hands down this was the best vacation either one of us have ever taken. The luxury and trained staff and 5 star dinning can not be compared to anywhere else I have ever stayed. We received first class treatment and have come back truly spoiled. I want to go back ASAP! Thank you Royal Plantation and Lisa for helping us find and have the best honeymoon we could have asked for.

Room Tip: Every room has an ocean view so you can not go wrong with any room!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple