Royal Plantation is in our opinion, by far the most elegant, luxurious all-inclusive, adult only resort in the Caribbean. The outstanding food and service, along with British Butler Guild certified training, and attention to detail is formidable.
This is our third year staying 10 nights during the Christmas and New Year period and we honestly cannot find a flaw with the resort. It is truly exceptional.
Under the leadership of General Manager Peter Fraser the resort has clearly hired the best in class, in every category of employee. Everyone does their job extremely well and with pleasure. From the watersports team who carefully manicure the beach, to beach butlers, chambermaids, waiters, Chefs Extraordinare and personal butlers. They all excel at what they do everyday.
Special thanks to our wonderful butlers Audell and Shelly-Ann who catered to our every need.
The holiday season is an extra special time of year and their are many repeat guests at Royal Plantation who call this place home away from home. They are also willing to pay a hefty premium price for the Royal Plantation experience.
However, a huge concern for many repeat guests is the association with the Sandals brand and the possibility of losing the current distinguished rating of Royal Plantation as being a cut above the rest. Many fear that the resort rating and elegance will begin to diminish due to heavy "discount rate offerings" throughout the year. We hope this discounting, is not to the detriment of the Royal Plantation we have all come to know it over the years, as there is no desire for guests to see this resort become a Sandals property known for a somewhat younger crowd who wishes to party etc. Also, it would help to keep the Papillion French restaurant a little more elegant and formal and insist that men where proper dress shirts if not jackets instead of golf shirts. This dress code kind of defeats the white glove service and ambience in the restaurant. I understand the Round Hill has managed to keep a dress code so I hope Royal Plantation will reconsider bringing back some formality.
I truly hope someone takes note of this concern, as it was the topic of conversation this year with many and some are questioning how many more years they will be able to come back to Royal Plantation before it downgrades itself to meet the Sandals expectation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios