My wife and I just returned from our second trip to Royal Plantation (RP) in eight weeks. We went in April of this year and liked it so much we returned in June.
The food quality is outstanding and not just for an all inclusive. We had dinner with the general manager (Peter Frasier) and his passion for cuisine that we experienced during our stays was confirmed during our conversation. Buffets are rare (and of high quality) and always an option not mandatory. This is NOT an all inclusive where quantity of food substitutes for quality.
The service quality is impeccable. The butlers (ours were Richard and Rochester) are phenomenal! Our first rule for visiting RP is to call your butler first. Rochester and Richard really made our trip.
The high level of service shown by the butlers permeates the entire staff. From Adrian and Andre (the beach butlers); Gladstone the bartender; Altinea who runs the excursions; Ashley the food and beverage manager and throughout the resort the service level is amazing.
RP is far superior to other all inclusives and even the other Sandals properties nearby. It differentiates itself based on quality and service and if you leave the property and visit the other resorts you will notice the difference immediately. If you want a resort with swim-up bars, massive quantities of cheap food served in a large trough with "Hot Hot Hot" playing on a continuous loop, this is NOT the resort for you. If you want a true dining experience with the highest level of service in a small boutique setting you will love the Royal Plantation. This is a very rare and unique resort which is why we have chosen it as our primary vacation destination!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Jetsetter, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios