“Let down”
Review of Riley Tours

Riley Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Riley Tours we offer private and customized ground transportation services with a smile. Making day trips and putting tours together to accommodate our clients. Driving with Riley tours will be an experience to remember, we will make it worth your while.
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I'm not sure how much clearer it could have been. "The day is yours with me". Instead of Kemrod meeting us as per his instructions, we were met by a young man who I'm sure is quite nice however his services were not what we had booked. We researched guides carefully to take us on a day trip that included Nine Mile and Blue Hole and we chose Riley Tours based on reviews as well as many emails back and forth with him. Kemrod had ample time to contact us to re-schedule but he instead substituted another driver, who handed me a cell phone when we met to talk to Kemrod who explained that he had a team and that he was 3 hours away and couldn't guide us that day. No offer of re-scheduling or apology.
What we booked, and quite frankly were looking forward to, was a colourful guided trip by Smiley of the hills leading up to Nine Mile, a trip to a local market, Blue Hole and some good souvenir shopping .. GUIDED, not driven. The young man was a driver .. very capable not a guide. The trip was largely silent except when we asked him a question and often got only a one word answer or, at most, a couple sentences. Our teenagers were bored and so were we. It was awkward and certainly not what we had hoped for.
Blue Hole was wonderful and it turned out to be the highlight of the trip.
We also asked to be taken to a good spot to get specific souvenirs at a good price. Ripped off .. 25-30% higher than we would have paid for the same products at the duty free at the airport.
Kemrod's reviews might be great but his customer service and integrity are not.

2  Thank mountforest
Kemrod, Manager at Riley Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

@ monster forest.
Hello Ruth:-
Just know that i take your complaint very serious , and if you ever get back to
jamaica i will surely make it up to you . Rileytours is growing very fast , but
this should not be an excuse .
> First I must apologies for letting you down. This is a lesson learnt, this is a first
> and a last.
> When I found myself in Portland longer than projected I should have
> emailed you the moment I became aware instead of just sending one of my driver without a guide. Do accept my apology of poor communication skills.

Sincerely
Kemrod Smiley Riley

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Our group made arrangements with Kemrod Riley prior to our arrival on 10/12/13. Both Kemrod and Simpson were friendly, on time, knowledgeable about the areas we toured (Blue Hole, Pelican Bar, Negril, Ochos Rios). Price and service provided cannot be beat! Not only will we use Riley Tours for our future trips, we've made two new friends! Thanks for an amazing time Kemrod and Simpson. -Your Nebraska friends!

1  Thank HuskerBeach
Reviewed November 19, 2013

If you are looking for a personalized tour of Jamaica then this is how you should travel. Kemrod will personalize the trip based on your needs and show you the very best of Jamaica. He can pick you up from any hotel or cruise port to start your Jamaican adventure. Kemrod has created customized tours for many of our clients and they have been the highlight of their visits to Jamaica. Thank you Kemrod!

1  Thank JacquieWWoodstock
Reviewed November 13, 2013

smiley you are a legend,you took us to places that we would not have found booking through the tour companies. the blue hole was amazing thank you.
nothing was too much trouble and you made our trips fantastic.
I am recommending you to any of my friends that visit Jamaica.
Kemrod thanks mon.

2  Thank skillfull1964
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Smiley looked after us for our 2 week trip and took us excursions and shopping trips. He is an excellent driver and guide who looks after all you needs. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

1  Thank NumptiesExeter_UK