“Best tour guide ever!”
Review of Jamaica Xplored

Jamaica Xplored
Ranked #6 of 17 Transportation in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are looking for a Private Transportation and Tour operator specializing in Jamaica's rich culture, history and natural attractions. I operate from the Ocho Rios/Runaway Bay area and do customized tours throughout my island. If you are not sure of what you would like to see, I will create something suitable for you. Come experience the "real" Jamaica. I also do pickups and drop offs (Airport Transfers) to both international airports on the island.
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tour guide ever!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was my first trip back to Jamaica since leaving when I was a kid, and I have to say Glen Garwood made this trip an exceptional one! First full day tour, Glen took us to Port Antonio to see Sommerset Falls, Blue Lagoon and French Man's Cove. I was very impressed at his varied knowledge of the island, even offering little tid-bits about movies filmed at various places. The streets are curvy and unpredicatable, but Glen is a pro driver. He took very good care of us making us feel at home and comfortable, even tailoring the trip to our personal interests. He offered to take pictures while we explored and even went out of his way to cut aloe from his own garden to treat my sunburn. His services are more affordable than other tours we researched, allowing us to do much more (Bamboo rafting, Duns River, etc). My family and I cannot wait to start planning our next trip back, we will definately be repeat customers :)

1 Thank IslandGal2013

Vinings, Georgia, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The best way to Xplore Jamaica with a wonderful guide!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was my husband & sister in law's first trip home in 20+ years. We were on a family trip with our toddler (4year old) & preteen (12 year old). Jamaica Xplored and Glen was the guide for 2 out of our 5 days on the island. I contacted Glen a week prior to arriving to Jamaica and he immediately responded and catered our experience towards everyone in the group! We loved Glen from day 1 and he gave us a once in a lifetime experience. The vehicle was comfortable & nice with an awesome driver (if you see how the locals drive you will appreciate that!). Also Glen is a photographer so he will capture for you some amazing sights or give you the opportunity to capture some on your own.Since my husband has not been home in a while Glen reminded him of home plus showed him a Jamaica he's never seen before! From the drive to pick us up from the resort to the time we arrived back to the resort each moment was amazing! My family now considers Glen apart of the family and we were sadder leaving him than leaving the island itself (even my kids were devastated & love him). If you want a once in a lifetime experience, no matter if its your 30th time visiting Jamaica, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact Jamaica Xplored, you will not regret it!

Austin
“Glen is the Man!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The island was beautiful and the hotel was nice but taking an all day tour with Glen was without a doubt the best thing I did in Jamaica. Glen is extremely knowledgeable, exciting to listen to, and knows how to show his guest a good time on his island.

From the airport transfer to the all day tour each minute with Glen made the trip worth every penny. Glen picked us up at the airport with a cooler full of ice cold beverages, a clean and cool van, and an amazing charisma that is sure to start anyone's trip off right. He was so great that we called him back to take us on an all day tour a couple days later. This tour was the highlight of my trip because Glen made sure of it. Glen makes it his mission to introduce the great food and culture of his island to everyone he meets.

If you ever take a trip to Ocho Rios I sincerely suggest that you make it your mission to take a tour with Glen Garwood.

Cumbria, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“A fantastic addition to our holiday”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Thank you Glen for helping us enjoy our fantastic holiday in Jamaica.
I found Jamaica Xplored through Trip Advisor a couple of months before we travelled and was impressed with all the excellent reviews.
After hand picking where we wanted to go, I E-mailed glen and the reply was very quick detailing our excursion and the total cost (less than 50% of hotel prices)
Our vehicle was very clean and comfortable with good air con and a supply of cold red stripe and water (included).
Glen was very knowledgeable and informative throughout our trips and also went out of his way to look after us, with lovely little treats along the way , I won't tell you about these as you will find out for yourselves.
Please don't hesitate to contact Jamaica Xplored for the perfect addition to your holiday.
Thanks again Glen, see you next year :)

1 Thank Sweetpea-and-me
Green Bay, Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Glen made our trip!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I work in the travel industry and had a bit of work to do during my recent vacation to Ocho Rios. At the recommendation of my Apple Vacations representative at the resort, I had the pleasure of using Jamaica Xplored and Glen Garwood as our private driver. I was not expecting much other than transportation - but we ended up with an experience that really made our trip to Ocho Rios special.

There is absolutely a reason that Jamaica Xplored has a perfect Trip Advisor rating - he is professional, knowledgable, and incredibly personable. His tour van is well maintained, clean, comfortable and even stocked with bottled water and red stripe! In addition to ensuring I arrived to all my appointments on time - Glen gave us an unexpected, and much appreciated guide to his beautiful country. His knowledge of local culture, music, argiculture, tourism, and cuisine is incredibly impressive. He even gave my boyfriend a Patios language lesson - which he absolutely loved! We had so much fun and it felt more like a drive with an old friend rather than just another "tour".

On the second day of our time with Glen, he went above and beyond to bring us to a few local shops for some Rum Cream tasting and shopping. The highlight of our tour was to the local Scotchies for the BEST jerk chicken in Ocho Rios. I will be writing a seperate review of this fabulous restaurant, but in short, Glen ordered a variety of local fare that was absolutely delish. We had the chance to sit and break bread together and end our tour on a perfect note.

I honestly cannot recommend Glen and his company enough. He goes above and beyond for his clients in every way. If you are visiting Jamaica and want to see the best the area has to offer - make sure to get in touch with Jamaica Xplored. It will no doubt be the highlight of your vacation.