Rainforest Adventures
Ocho Rios Shore Excursion: Bobsledding Tour at Mystic Mountain
Ranked #13 of 68 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Why Visit Rainforest Adventures Mystic Mountain in Jamaica? Constantly rated by TripAdvisor as one of the top attractions in Ocho Rios, Jamaica near the Dunn's River Falls. Have you ever gone bobsledding? Was it in a forest? Then you should try our signature Bobsled ride. Soar high up the trees aboard the Sky Explorer ride. Zip through the forest with our canopy zip lines. Experience the Mystic Waterslide, Infinity edge pool, and more for your amazing Jamaica excursion. We also accommodate business meetings, theme parties, and group incentives through vibrant entertainment options, celebrating nature, cuisine and culture.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We travelled with our teens (17 and 15) to Jamaica in June of 2014. We did a lot of research on what excursions would be best for them. My husband and I have been to Jamaica twice before without our children, and had experienced a variety of excursions. We wanted to try something that would be a once in a lifetime experience for them. We chose Mystic Mountain. We got the pass that included the Sky Explorer, bobsled ride and zip line. We also had time to try out the water slide and infinity pool before catching our shuttle back to our resort.

Pros: beautiful views, zip line was fun and guides were very knowledgeable, bobsled was fun, and the infinity pool had a great view of the ocean and Ocho Rios. Also, items in the gift shop seemed to be very reasonably priced for a gift shop.

Cons: cost! For a family of four this definitely was our most expensive excursion (close to $135 pp). For the price we paid, it would have been nice to have multiple rides on the bobsled (you can take more than one ride, but you have to pay extra). Also, my husband ate at the grill they had there...and he thought the prices were a bit high.

You can rent lockers, but our bag was quite big (it was full of sunscreen, bug spray, drinks, camera, swimsuits and towels---and we needed all of those items) and it wouldn't fit in the lockers you can rent. We could take the bag on the Sky Explorer and bob sled, but not on the zip line. The zip line people, though, will take care of it and send it down on the sky explorer to the end of the zip line. I was a bit leery about this, but it turned out to be quite safe.

All-in-all, it was a once in a lifetime excursion with a once in a lifetime pricetag.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was such a great day out. There were 4 of us, 2 adults & 2 teenagers. You ride to the top in a sky lift, I'm not great with heights but the views were amazing. We all did the bobsled which was a scream (literally) and our 2 teenagers did the zip wire which they totally loved. We had lunch at the restaurant at the top overlooking the bay. The food was good and not over priced. Everywhere was clean and as always in Jamaica all the staff were friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

we did the sky explorer, bobsled and zipline combo with lunch and dunns river falls and had an amazing time. the zipline guides, Jermaine and Mario were amazing and had us laughing the entire time. highly recommend this excursion

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Mystic Mountain was a blast. I would absolutely recommend that you do that. We did the bobsled first and it was a blast. You can purchase a picture, of yourself on the ride, which is pretty neat. When you get set up into your zip-line gear, be prepared for how tight it is (very, very tight, gentlemen). The zip lines are a lot of fun. There isn’t a lot of prep time, on learning how to do this (this isn’t America), so you are pretty much told to keep your hands out of the way and off you go. The guides will be with you the whole way for your safety. I am afraid of heights and I still thought this was fun. I will say there is one vertical drop (which I didn’t read about in the pamphlet) and that scared the bejesus out of me…so be forewarned. All in all, I would absolutely do this again.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We did the bobsled and the zip lines. The wait time for the activities were short but make sure you go early because the lines do get longer as the day progresses. Best to go when a cruise ship is not in port.