“The best place to stay in Jamaica🍹🍹🍹chrisanns apt #9”

Chrisanns Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Palm Springs, California
“The best place to stay in Jamaica🍹🍹🍹chrisanns apt #9”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My niece and I went to Jamaica for eight days in June of this year 2014 and this resort was the best I have been to Jamaica a few times and stay at several different places, but this resort by far was the best The staff was wonderful we had made service every single day. And they were so polite so friendly so nice, the resort was beautiful everything about this place was just awesome, the apartment owner Dulcia is great she have a wonderful personality and she make you feel like family, she and her staff had the place looking wonderful when we got there, we even had snacks just in case we got hungry and something to drink . When you first walk onto the resort you will notice the beautiful ocean right in front of you! The water is so clean the entire atmosphere is to die for, they have a restaurant right across the street from us and and a few feet up the street is a grocery store,, we had everything we needed within walking distance, next year my family and I are going back to Jamaica for a graduation celebration and without a doubt we are going to stay at this resort, at least most of us will this place is just wonderful it has a full kitchen with everything you could think of the upstairs loft was big and roomy and the downstairs has a pullout bed just in case you have company but to sum it up this resort is the best place to stay in Jamaica .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jdubbw69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed at Chrisann's in June 2014. Overall it was a good experience. It was nice having a hotel with kitchen amenities (stove top, oven, microwave, toaster, refrigerator). If you are staying in Jamaica for a while the cost of meals can really add up. There is a small supermarket within a few minutes walking distance from the hotel. The cost of groceries is comparable or even slightly more expensive than in the US; still it was nice to have a few healthier meals than you might have eating out every meal.

Another nice thing about Chrisann's is the WiFi. It works very well in the lobby and works somewhat if you have a room close to the lobby (rooms 1 and 17 are the closest). I was in room 18 and I was able to pick up the signal most of the time.

The beach is pretty, but it's not really a big enough sandy area to "lay out" on the beach. You could probably swim in the area but it's a little too small, wavy and rocky for my taste. The grounds at the hotel are well-kept and big enough to sit outside near the pool or beach in lawn chairs and read, etc.

The biggest drawback is that it is too far outside of Ocho Rios for walking to be practical. You will need to arrange transportation or have a rental car if you want to go anywhere during the day. There is a beach nearby within walking distance (maybe 15 minutes walking west along the major road). My driver thought it wasn't safe to be there alone because it is secluded. But others told me the area is popular and crowded when the cruise ships are at the port. So I guess the safety just depends on whether or not there are a lot of other tourists in the area. Staying at one of the hotels near the port would be handy for shopping, walking around the city & visiting the beach. But you would still need a vehicle to visit other attractions like Blue Hole, Dunn's, Scotchies or Mystic Mountain anyway.

This place is definitely not fancy like a brand new hotel, but it is clean and practical. All of the employees are friendly. The lady cleaning the room did a great job and brought in fresh flowers everyday. Lenora was very helpful in contacting the transportation companies and making the arrangements for our transfer back to Montego Bay.

Also, not to complain about nature sounds but the Whistling Frogs are very loud & they go nuts at night, especially when it rains. If noises keep you from falling asleep you might want to bring earplugs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kalie M
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Chrissanns in April. The weather was beautiful, the staff welcoming and the apartment was clean and well maintained. Dulcia was very helpful with the arrangements and organizing our pick up by Christie at the airport. The apartment was well appointed and even had scuba stuff and sand toys for the kids. The apartment and and area are as pictured. The kids loved the pool and the beach and happily bounce back and forth between the them all day. We walked to the Reggae Beach one afternoon and enjoyed our time their but really preferred just to hangout at our place. We picked up groceries at June's (across the street) and in town one day. Loved the fried chicken at the Jerk centre across the street and also ate a Glenn's a few nights. There really is no need to go anywhere else everything you need is right th here. A big shout out to staff who made us feel welcome and at home and had a wonderful sense of humour. Everyone asked how we enjoyed our trip when we returned home and all I could say was it was perfect. We loved Jamaica and would love to return to Chrissanns.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Mary T
Georgia
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I've stayed at Chrisanns 3 times and I simply LOVE it!! The ocean view as soon as you walk in to the check-in area is just AMAZING. The beautiful clear blue ocean water simply leaves you in a trance. Such a peaceful restful comfortable resort! I never want to leave Jamaica when I stay at this resort. The staff are very friendly and helpful so I'd much rather stay at this boutique style resort than deal with the hassle of staying at the larger chain hotels where they are constantly trying to sell your something. I can not wait to return to Jamaica again so I can enjoy another stay at Chrisanns!

Room Tip: The rooms are apartment style so they all have a kitchen which is great if you want to cook for your...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank V4FMARTIN
St. Catherines, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and i went to Chrisanns for our wedding anniversary on christmas day, we stayed there for two days and we didn't want to leave OMG,,,,it was an awesome experience, it was exactly as how its describe on the website, friendly staff and visitors :-),,,,,beautiful scenery :-) our room was lovely even though we wanted one of the upstairs room he he, but anyway our apartment was just great, we will visit soon :-)

Room Tip: Room #19 is cool and comfortable
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Maple Creek, Canada
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed Apt 9, "Paradise Suite" for 2 weeks (Dec 12-26), and had a wonderful time. From first contact with Dulcia and finding dates that were going to work for us, we knew that we were going to thoroughly enjoy our accommodations. She was in constant contact with us prior to arriving, sending us photos, information, things to do, and answering all of our questions and concerns. And having our transportation arranged with Kristy was awesome, as it can be so intimidating arriving at the crowded airport. The apartment was exactly as described, nicely decorated, equipped with everything we could need and CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, obviously due to excellent staff, Charmaine (& Jennifer). We brought Christmas lights and strung them on our balcony railing to give us that little feeling of home. (excluding the -25 weather of coarse!) Sitting on our balcony at night with our lights on and the Christmas tree in the lobby in the background was awesome.
Chase (security) was great, and always there helping with baggage, groceries, etc. He has an infectious smile and giggle, especially when he had a card trick to show us that my husband could not figure out! When Trevor wasn't busy cleaning the pool and grounds, he showed us his tree scaling expertise and gathered coconuts. The sea pool was a lot of fun and we spent hours snorkeling and watching the fish. We did have our water shoes, which Dulcia had advised, so that was good. The first week we were there, it was very quiet as there were not a lot of other apartments occupied, but it did get busier during the Christmas week, which we enjoyed because it's nice to meet and socialize with new people in an uncrowded atmosphere. We ate at Glenn's just about every day and every meal was excellent, especially Christmas Day dinner. We had Christmas Eve dinner at the Italian restaurant and it was awesome. The little store across the street had everything we needed including ice cold red stripe beer!
We walked a lot exploring the local area and people and felt very safe. For a different change of pace, the walk to Reggae Beach was only about 10 minutes to a nice long sandy beach also with a bar and restaurant, although you do have to pay $10 per person to get in.
We rented a car in Ocho Rios so that we could do some exploring further out. We had wanted to check out areas far and beyond, (too far to taxi back and forth all the time) and actually spent a few nights away doing just that.
After all is said and done, we would absolutely recommend Chrisann's, especially #9, for a 'home away from home' worry free vacation!

Room Tip: We slept with all of our windows open (did not turn on the AC) and I think because the bedroom is in...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed at Paradise Suite Apt 9 for two beautiful weeks mid Nov and I honestly think this was one of the best times as it was off season. Only 2 or 3 other apartments were being rented so I pretty much had the pool and beach to myself. The private taxi from the airport was excellent service with Kristy. He was on time, had a lot of knowledge of the area and stopped for scenic photos along the way. I preferred this as I didn't have to wait for other people to get their luggage, and I did not have to stop at multiple resorts before arriving at mine. The apartment was just perfect, everything you need, tastefully decorated and overlooked the pool. The bed was uber comfortable as was the couch...zero problems sleeping. The room was cleaned by Charmaine and Kathy (on her off days). Fresh flowers everyday along with a change of towels etc. The beach area was small but quiet...I was recommended water shoes which I brought with me and needed as a little pebbly/rocky at times. There is also a lovely gazebo at the end where I spent a few evenings having a drinks as the sun slowly faded. There is wifi in the apartment which I believe is the only apt that does. I ate at Glenns restaurant 4 times in 2 weeks and I HIGHLY recommend the goat curry with roti....absolutely delicious. For groceries I did most of mine at Junes store across the street. There is a rental cell phone also available for use for this apt. I have nothing negative to say about this place...it is outside the hustle and bustle of the main strip which is exactly what I wanted. A HUGE thank you to Chase who is one of the most caring and nicest guys, very helpful and informative and I always felt safe in and around the resort....don't lose him Dulcia! Also many thanks to Lenora, Charmaine, Kathy and Trevor. I will be back next year and would love to make it my regular spot if available...my parents are already thinking of booking this instead of an all inclusive! I LOVED THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: Apt 9 was beautiful and good enough for 2 people....I don't recommend more than that. I did not...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo