“Paradise..quiet and beautiful.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Hamilton
“Paradise..quiet and beautiful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed at Paradise Suite Apt 9 for two beautiful weeks mid Nov and I honestly think this was one of the best times as it was off season. Only 2 or 3 other apartments were being rented so I pretty much had the pool and beach to myself. The private taxi from the airport was excellent service with Kristy. He was on time, had a lot of knowledge of the area and stopped for scenic photos along the way. I preferred this as I didn't have to wait for other people to get their luggage, and I did not have to stop at multiple resorts before arriving at mine. The apartment was just perfect, everything you need, tastefully decorated and overlooked the pool. The bed was uber comfortable as was the couch...zero problems sleeping. The room was cleaned by Charmaine and Kathy (on her off days). Fresh flowers everyday along with a change of towels etc. The beach area was small but quiet...I was recommended water shoes which I brought with me and needed as a little pebbly/rocky at times. There is also a lovely gazebo at the end where I spent a few evenings having a drinks as the sun slowly faded. There is wifi in the apartment which I believe is the only apt that does. I ate at Glenns restaurant 4 times in 2 weeks and I HIGHLY recommend the goat curry with roti....absolutely delicious. For groceries I did most of mine at Junes store across the street. There is a rental cell phone also available for use for this apt. I have nothing negative to say about this place...it is outside the hustle and bustle of the main strip which is exactly what I wanted. A HUGE thank you to Chase who is one of the most caring and nicest guys, very helpful and informative and I always felt safe in and around the resort....don't lose him Dulcia! Also many thanks to Lenora, Charmaine, Kathy and Trevor. I will be back next year and would love to make it my regular spot if available...my parents are already thinking of booking this instead of an all inclusive! I LOVED THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: Apt 9 was beautiful and good enough for 2 people....I don't recommend more than that. I did not...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Reese1028

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

We usually holiday at large all inclusive resorts and whilst we always enjoyed ourselves we wanted something different this time.
From our initial enquiry to our return home I can not praise the owner of apartment#9, Dulcia, highly enough. The apartment is perfect for a couple, well fitted with all usual amenities including its own wifi. There is also a site wifi should you need to access it from the beach.
There is a pool and a small cove to snorkel in both less than 50 m from the apartment.
Site staff are genuinely friendly and nothing is too much trouble. My wife happened to mention in conversation to a member of staff that she has an upset tummy. We went to the beach and within an hour dulcia had been informed, unknown to us, and a member if staff arrived with some medication, which they had been off site to purchase. They refused to accept any payment for their troubles!
Eating was a great experience. Unfortunately Glenn's restaurant and toscaninis were closed for the two weeks we were there but just 100 m down the road was the jerk centre- this is where we met the local people. We ate there every evening and it was fantastic Jamaican fayre. Goat curry comes highly recommended!
I should mention Junes store, which is right next to the jerk centre where you can get everything needed if you want to cater for yourself.
Couples tower isle resort entrance is only 200m down the road. During our two week stay we did not see a single tourist from that resort. In fact from arriving to departure the only people we met were Jamaican locals and they were fabulous genuine people.
Myself and my wife both have busy lives and wanted a quiet time. We found that at chrisanns to the point where we chose to stay on site and relax rather than do the tourist routine. The closest we came to that was watching the tower isle 'shuttle' boat cruise past whilst we swam in our own small cove.
On leaving the resort I left my phone in the apartment safe and dulcia kindly arranged for it to be shipped home -that doesn't happen at the large all inclusives in my experience.
If you want a 'fly and flop' holiday chrisanns is the place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian R
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Myself and my 2 sisters stayed at Chrisanns Beach Resort just for one night. We arrived late but

were welcomed by the security and was taken to our apartment which was No.9.

This apartment was just perfect. The furniture and decorations clearly had been carefully chosen

and we really enjoyed the tropical and welcoming feel of the apartment. The huge king sized

bed in the bedroom/loft area was very comfortable. We also appreciate the welcome basket

from Dulcia the owner welcoming us to her apartment and Chrisanns. The beach and

especially the sea pool is a perfect spot for anyone wanting to get away and have some

special time with family and loved ones.

Room Tip: You have to dine out but there are lots of great restauraunts in Ochi
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

we just returned a few days ago from our honeymoon at Dulcia's place. We were there for 15 days and there isn't enough room allowed in this box to talk about all the great things about it.

- Pre-arrival: Dulcia was spot on with replies. She even arranged for a driver (Christie) to come pick us up at the airport which was a huge plus!
- Our first impression was "Yes! it looks like the pictures!". We had been nervous about not going with a resort and we were very pleased with the suite. Its spacious, comfortable and clean. Fully equipped with everything you need. She even had blue mountain coffee for the mornings there already!
- We owe a huge debt to Chase, the security/grounds guy. He is an all around good guy and he helped us make the most of our trip. He took us out on his time off to get great seafood and try all the jamaican fruits (and helped us get them at jamaican prices!). We are grateful for everything and hopes the resort takes good care of him!
- The rest of the staff is wonderful. Charmaine is sweet and does a fantastic job. We appreciated the fresh flowers she always left in the room.
- Go snorkelling in the little beach in front. Its epic, much better than reggae beach, calm water and free! There are snorkels in the room!
- Get the front desk to get Kevin (a local driver) to bring you to the Blue Hole. Our best experience in Jamaica. Skip Dunns River.
- If you want more of a resort type, you can book spa services at Couples Resort which is 5 min walk. We booked massages (awesome) and you can just walk in and use the resort after but we just wanted to go back to Chrisanns.

Staying at Dulcia's place was a special experience for us. It gave us the right amount of access to luxury and freedom to explore. There are so many cool things in Ocho Rios that they don't advertise very well so it pays to be able to talk to locals. I already miss having my morning coffee in the gazebo watching the sun come up.

Room Tip: Some suites are studio size and only a few it seems have lofts. We didn't get to see other rooms...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Devon M
Hillsborough, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

First let me say that I have never met Daniela in person, however, it feels like I have known her for a lifetime. She is so warm and welcoming and has the ability to put your mind at ease.

My fiancé and I arrived in Jamaica on April 12, 2013 and was warmly greeted by Christy our taxi driver. He came highly recommended to us by Daniela, thus we were very comfortable. On our drive to the resort he gave us a very scenic tour and even went out of his way and stopped at the food market for us.
When we arrived at Chrisann's, (unit # 24) we were greeted by one of the house keeper (Charmaine), and she gave us a tour and made sure we were comfortable before leaving for the night.

Let me tell you, this place is absolutely breathtaking! It is beautifully decorated with a Jamaican theme to it; and very well maintained by the house keepers (Kathy and Charmaine). Our favorite parts of the house were the window beds; the view is spectacular, it’s like you can reach out and touch the ocean. Love it.

If you like coconut water and jelly, Trevor will gladly climb the tree and get it for you. He reminds me of my dad, except my dad does not have that much energy and skills. You should see him climbing the coconut tree for us. He got us some delicious coconut and was very nice about it – love him.

I can hardly wait for my next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

My daughter and I absolutely loved our Jamaican vacation and a lot of it was because of the great accommodation at Chrisanns! The location was beautiful and quiet. We just loved the little private beach just steps away from the lovely pool. How I enjoued lounging outside in the afternoons and listening to the waves. Ocho Rios is very easily reachable via local taxi for shopping or entertainment. Reggae Beach can be reached on foot for a chill day or a beach so beautiful it looks like it belongs on a postcard!!! The staff at Chrisanns was so very helpful and they made our stay as enjoyable as I could have imagined. Finally I would like to thank Dulcia, the owner, for all of the information she provided so promptly and for making he booking process extremely simple.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank lhavens
Eastvale, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I spent a week at this little beautiful resort. Our unit #24 was cheerful and brightly decorated .It was well stocked with all the amenities of home. It was clean and well maintained by Charmaine and Cathy. The house keepers made sure that we had everything we needed. The ground staff and the office staff soon felt like family to us. They all had a sunny and friendly disposition.
We were just a few steps away from the sea and the view is breath taking.
The grounds and the Pool are well maintained and there were days we just enjoyed hanging out and relaxing.
There is a jerk center within walking distance were we enjoyed hanging out getting the local vibe. A small super market is right next door to the jerk center

Chrisann's is not far from town and it is very easy to catch a local taxi outside the gate. We were always happy to come back to this quiet place after a day in Ocho Rios.
We are already making plans to come back next year for a much longer stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple