We usually holiday at large all inclusive resorts and whilst we always enjoyed ourselves we wanted something different this time.
From our initial enquiry to our return home I can not praise the owner of apartment#9, Dulcia, highly enough. The apartment is perfect for a couple, well fitted with all usual amenities including its own wifi. There is also a site wifi should you need to access it from the beach.
There is a pool and a small cove to snorkel in both less than 50 m from the apartment.
Site staff are genuinely friendly and nothing is too much trouble. My wife happened to mention in conversation to a member of staff that she has an upset tummy. We went to the beach and within an hour dulcia had been informed, unknown to us, and a member if staff arrived with some medication, which they had been off site to purchase. They refused to accept any payment for their troubles!
Eating was a great experience. Unfortunately Glenn's restaurant and toscaninis were closed for the two weeks we were there but just 100 m down the road was the jerk centre- this is where we met the local people. We ate there every evening and it was fantastic Jamaican fayre. Goat curry comes highly recommended!
I should mention Junes store, which is right next to the jerk centre where you can get everything needed if you want to cater for yourself.
Couples tower isle resort entrance is only 200m down the road. During our two week stay we did not see a single tourist from that resort. In fact from arriving to departure the only people we met were Jamaican locals and they were fabulous genuine people.
Myself and my wife both have busy lives and wanted a quiet time. We found that at chrisanns to the point where we chose to stay on site and relax rather than do the tourist routine. The closest we came to that was watching the tower isle 'shuttle' boat cruise past whilst we swam in our own small cove.
On leaving the resort I left my phone in the apartment safe and dulcia kindly arranged for it to be shipped home -that doesn't happen at the large all inclusives in my experience.
If you want a 'fly and flop' holiday chrisanns is the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chrisanns Beach Resort is a complex of beachfront vacation apartments located four miles east of Ocho Rios that offers any holidaymaker an experience of Jamaca they could never forget. This enchanting property has its own private pool and beach with a gazebo that overlooks the ocean. Facilities include: air conditioning, cable television, housekeeping, fully equipped kitchen, 24 hours security and safety deposit box. Each apartment is privately owned and therefore has something different to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Chrisanns Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chrisanns Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- Chrisanns Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios