My husband and I spent a week at Chrisanns Resort. We stayed in room 27.
These are the Pros of this resort:
The staff are really nice. This place has your basic needs, You're basically renting a studio (stove and refrigerator included). They have a pool and a private beach. They have housekeepers that stop by daily.
There is a supermarket, Jerk station and bar directly across the street.
Here are the Cons: if you are looking for a high-end resort this is not it. The space was small. There is an upstairs (which is just stairs leading to a small bedroom). The dresser drawers were broken and seemed cheaply made. There are no ceiling fans in this space (seems to be the case in other rooms at this place based on reviews from a friend), so it was hot up there despite us turning on the a/c. We slept downstairs in the pullout couch the entire time. The stairs leading upstairs are very narrow and too vertical.. you feel like you might fall each time you go up or down them. The wifi does NOT work!
I was told this place was renovated or updated, nothing in here seemed that way except for the a/c unit downstairs. (definitely not the refrigerator or stove). The toilet needs to be fixed. Sometimes when you flush it, the handle gets jammed and the water keeps flushing repeatedly.
When you turn on the kitchen facet, water sprays everywhere. They need new pots.
The property: Yes there is a private beach, but there are sharp rocks all over the sand and in the water. I dont think this would be the place for a pleasant stroll along the beach. The right side of this private beach (near the wall) to the other side smells like raw fish. There were a bit of trash on the left side of this private beach near the gazebo (wrappers, bottles, etc) in the water.
There is a gazebo (as mentioned above) that looks like a hazard. The poles holding this concrete gazebo up are deteriorated to a great extent at the top. This thing looks like it's ready to collapse any moment. There is a light switch by this gazebo, when it turned dark my husband decides to turn it on and got shocked.
Had we actually stayed in the hotel a good portion of time, this is not your best option for a romantic or family getaway. However if you are not a fussy person, you might like this place.
The thing about this resort is it looks beautiful on pictures taken even by us but when you see it in person, it's just an ok place.. nothing to go crazy about.
Overall the friendliness of the staff is what makes this place an ok place along with the pool and area it is in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chrisanns Beach Resort is a complex of beachfront vacation apartments located four miles east of Ocho Rios that offers any holidaymaker an experience of Jamaca they could never forget. This enchanting property has its own private pool and beach with a gazebo that overlooks the ocean. Facilities include: air conditioning, cable television, housekeeping, fully equipped kitchen, 24 hours security and safety deposit box. Each apartment is privately owned and therefore has something different to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Chrisanns Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chrisanns Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- Chrisanns Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios