Chrisanns Beach Resort
$120
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$50
$41
  • Bar/Lounge
$200
  • Pool
$75
$68
Casa De Shalom(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$76
$66
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$115
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
$384
$339
Orbitz.com
All reviewsparadise suitejerk centerthe security guardclose restaurantsprivate beach frontdvd playerbalcony overlooking the poolc unithome away from homesmall beach areathe wi filobby areaspent a weekliving roomprivate taxiking bedthe room was nice
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed in Dulcia beautiful suite Paradise Suite Number 9. From the moment you arrive to the sad moment you have to go, you are greeted to warm and kind managers, to Chance the security guard who is so helpful and such a good guy, to Charline the housekeeper who daily takes care of the suite, keeping it clean, washing your clothes. Its like being taken into a loving family who really cares. The unit is perfect, its spacious, clean, private. The beach is like a dream, nestled on the coast private with the beautiful sun, surf and you swim in the enclosed pool,,just wonderful. Or if you prefer they have a pristine clean pool. Jamaica is a wonderful place and if you want a tour call Rasta Tours and Ray Dailey(1876 443 7877) he knows the island in and out and you will experience the real Jamaica. The food, the reggae music, the fine, noble kind Jamaicans that make you want to return again and again: Thank you Chrisanns, Thank you Dulcia keep it going you give much needed love and healing through the beauty of your resort.
One Love Diana

Room Tip: Choose Dulica's suite, #9. Her rates a fair and she is a major reason why Chrisanns is run so well.Her housekeeper is a wonderful woman. I just want to remind fellow travellers that Jamaican people work very hard to give us a good safe and loving experience, so make sure you tip them not just a little tip but a really good tip , they have many expenses that are not covered so while you a being taken care of take care of them. They won't tell you how hard they work and they won't tell you how hard it is financially for them. So do the right thing and give them respect.They are beautiful people.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DEW1954
Reviewed March 21, 2013

When we started looking for a Caribbean vacation spot in the Caribbean, this one quickly came to be the frontrunner because of all of its features and great rental price. The beautiful photos and excellent reviews encouraged us to call and speak to Daniela. She answered all of our questions quickly and we ended up booking 8 months in advance to be assured of getting the time we wanted as the time slot we originally wanted was gone within one week of our initial search.
We used Kristy for our transportation to Chrisann's upon arriving in country and also for the return trip back to the airport. We were very pleased with his pricing, service, punctuality, knowledge and kindness. He allowed us to stop at the grocery on the way to the condo and even walked with us through the store giving us advice when we had questions. The condo is exactly as seen in the pictures and is very bright, comfortable and clean. We were invited into a couple of other units at Chrisann's and they were very dark, plain and boring compared to Daniela's. We really enjoyed laying in the window seats and the hammocks out front for reading or taking a short nap. Daniela's unit gets the morning sun and it is very enjoyable to sit on the front porch at any time of the day or evening, also it is the only one with the hammocks and we saw some very envious looks when we were in them. We were very pleased to find the linens and towels above expectations and there is everthing you could want in the kitchen (although we never really cooked. Cathy and Charmaine were very pleasant, kind and kept the place spotless daily. The beach was small but clean and we would never tire of listening to the sound of the surf, especially since it is only 40 feet away from the condo. We only ate one expensive dinner out (on our anniversary) at Evita's, but the food was exceptional and the view was very romantic as it sits on a hill overlooking town. Glenn's restaurant (but was only OK and fairly costly) was right across the street from Chrisann's. But we became regulars at the Jerk Centre (two doors down from Glenn's), as it is a charming little outside restaurant that probably serves 50% Jamaican and 50%Tourist's and had fabulous local dishes served daily at very reasonable prices. Scotchies Too is a must visit for the pimento wood fired pork, chicken. We used the local route taxis a couple of times but found it more comfortable and less stressful to use a private hired taxi, however they are much more costly. Make sure that you climb Dunns River Falls, a natural wonder of Jamaica!! We also visited Noel Coward's home (Fire Fly) and it was on of the most spectacular and beautiful views of the Caribbean sea you will ever see. This condo was overall just a great place to relax and have the sea lull you into tranquility. Have fun and NO PROBLEM, MON!!! Irie (one love) !!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allan-Rebecca
Reviewed February 24, 2013

A friend and I just returned to Canada from a week-long stay at Chrisanns Beach Resort. My parents are renting unit number 24 from Daniela for a month and we joined them for their third week.

Our driver Kristy picked us up from the airport (Mobay) and we felt very safe with him. He was so friendly and knowledgeable about Jamaica and the areas we drove through on the way to Chrisanns.

When we arrived, we were greeted by the security guard, Chase, who was very pleasent. We did not have much interaction with the office staff as my parents checked in; however, they too were quite friendly and accomodating. They quickly assisted us when we had questions about activities in the area and made calls to gather additional information for us.

The housekeepers for unit 24, Kathy and Charmaine, were so nice! . Trevor, the groundskeeper was very kind and even climbed a coconut tree to get us each a fresh coconut one morning.

Throughout the week, we became closer with the resort staff. My parents who had already been there for two weeks planned to have them for lunch while we were visiting for a bowl of Newfoundland style pea soup! We made friends with Chase since he was around our age (18 and 19) (he is 24). He went above and beyond the call of duty during our stay and even took me with him to town on his day off and hung out around Ochie. He brought his own fishing rods for my Dad and I to use down by the gazebo.

The apartment my parents rented was decorated tastefully by Daniela and her husband who I understand are both artists. We felt very comfortable there and it was like we were were at our summer home in Newfoundland (minus the rain and fog and much hotter!). We definitely think that it is the BEST apartment at the complex. It is the closest to the beach and has the nicest furniture on the veranda (not completely sure but it looked like the rest just had plastic chairs and tables). The hammocks viewed in pictures belong to this unit and were very comfortable to have a nap in.

My friend and I enjoyed sleeping in the window beds which were quite spacious. We did find some ants around them a couple times, but those were quickly removed with some VAPE (same as raid) which we only had to use around the window edges. We were uneasy about this but quickly remembered that we were in Jamaica now! If we had been home in NL we would be fending off the mosquitoes and checking for spiders.

Across the road from Chrissans is a little restaurant called Glens which we thought was was only ok (My friend and I just ate there once; however, my parents had eaten there a couple times and were satisfied). We had a Jamaican breakfast of salt fish and ackee. A little bit further down and you will find a Jerk Centre (also a bar). The staff here are very friendly! Debbie and Lisa were our favourite bartenders. Next you will find a small supermarket, another upstairs bar, and another small bar a little bit further, but we were most impressed with the Jerk Centre. A man named Bill who works at a car rental next to the Jerk Centre may seem sketchy at first but he is just hilarious once you get chatting! We were told that he looks out for all the tourists in the area and makes sure they make it back to wherever it is they are staying.

For some fresh fruit and veggies keep an eye out for a white van that services the Jerk Centre and supermarket - you will get a much better price when buying directly from the driver. We would suggest being cautious when out around at night. One evening we went to the Jerk Centre (the power had been flicking that day due to a bit of wind) and Debbie was closing up when we arrived. She said that there were unfamiliar faces around that night because the power was coming and going and suggested we come back the next day. We didn't worry but decided to take her advice and headed back to Chrisanns (a one minute walk).

We had a BLAST staying at Chrisanns and visiting the area around it! I think we can all say that the best part of the trip was meeting the locals and staff. You are VERY safe in the hands of the Chrisanns staff. Be a smart tourist though and keep your head up when venturing outside the complex and especially if walking around in the heart of Ocho Rios.

A HUGE thanks to Kristy, Kevin, Trevor, Kathy, and Charmaine who were excellent to us! Chase really made us feel at home at Chrisanns and is a very cool. Daniela, we are so glad that we stayed in your place!

A few notes:
- if you are looking for the all-inclusive experience do not stay here. If you want more freedom, no buffet line-ups or hoards of people and taste of the real Jamaica then this place is highly recommended!

-during the day we used the route cabs (unless going a long distance) which drive past Chrissans every minute. It was fun taking these cabs and you can't beat it for 100 Jamaican dollars (roughly 1 dollar U.S.). Some nights we went out to eat and always used our driver Kevin for the added safety.

-would also HIGHLY recommend dining at Scotchies which is a bar and grill. Evitas and Spring Garden Cafe & Seafood Grill are fancier with higher prices but if you don't mind spending a bit extra they are so worth it.

-not much to do at Chrisanns for younger kids but if Chase is around he would be more than happy to make a lizard noose from a coconut tree leaf! He made one for me and like a child I could have spent hours walking around trying to catch (and release!) lizards. People watching me must have had a laugh though because after a few hours spread over two or three days I still couldn't manage to catch one.

Room Tip: As I said, unit 24 seemed to be in the prime location and had the best outdoor furniture. The inside was very Jamaican and we loved staying there!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank BenMD93
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed @ Chrisanns the second week of my two week trip. I stayed in studio #6, which was convenient and had everything one could possibly need.
The pool was right outside my sliding door and I also had a sea view from the small verandah by the pool.
The weather was sweet, as always. I like to really snorkel and swim, so I opted to hop a route taxi and pay a US dollar for a short ride to REGGAE BEACH.
The small man made pool at Chrisanns is sufficient to get wet and cool off. I enjoyed the brand new gazebo, and took a gazillion photos.

The staff @ Chrisanns go out of their way to make you comfortable and happy. I had some fever grass (tea) dried for me to take home by one of the considerate cleaning technicians. They were all friendly and I look forward to returning to this sweet spot again one day.

Across the street are two places to eat. One is GLENS, the other is a Jerk place. I chose the jerk place, where I indulged in curry conch and white rice with steamed veggies. There is also a grocery store that has anything you could possibly need. I went there almost every other day.

There is an other local beach heading in the other direction that is free. I forgot to mention that Reggae Beach does charge, and the price changes with the wind.

Chrisanns location is perfect for anywhere you want to go. Stand in the road and grab a red plate taxi that takes you right into Ochi. Then you can go on from there. Dunns River Falls, or keep going to Runaway Bay Public Beach, where "FLAVORS" is. Nice to see all of Jamaica rather that just stay in the same spot the whole time.

The General store in downtown Ochi, is great for grocery shopping and getting that Blue Mtn. coffee to take home. Their prices are reasonable. I only ate out once or twice as I bought (3) whole, red snappers, and made brown rice and veggies in my studio. It lasted me (3) days.

I want to say thank you to Ms. Ducia, Jennifer, Charmaine. These three woman, went well out of their way to accommodate me. We had a tiny billing issue that was resolved in a VERY timely fashion. I was lucky enough to stay TWO extra nights because of all the snow back in New England....boo-hoo...(lol) I got stuck in JAMAICA while the others were shoveling snow!

Chrisanns....nice location, staff, pristine, picturesque, and the rooms are all immaculate. I never saw even one bug. Just hibiscus all around my studio, every single day and smiling staff.

The Wi-FI comes in fine if you go to the entrance area where there is plenty of comfortable seating. Not much of an emailer while I am in "mi yard", so no worries for me.

Chrisanns is a very irie place to stay. You will love the convenience of the area and all that comes with each unit.

FYI: I could not add any photos. I kept getting messages, that the "file name is inadmissible". Chisanns cove, is an inadmissible name? Maybe T.A. can tell me how to get around this.

Room Tip: The lower rooms by the pool are cooler than the upper.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Sista-Levi
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this location Jan 17-Jan 28 of 2013 (still here at the time of this posting) without every having visited Jamaica before. We are a young couple from Northern California, no kids just us. The unit is nice and clean and the layout is nice. Upstairs is a loft master bed and then downstairs is the kitchen, living room and bathroom. The balcony and unit are on the second level, it's got an ocean view but will be better in time as the palm trees get taller. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Across the street are two places to eat, one is fancy and one is a local spot. There is also a small mini-mart which is so nice to have just across the street. The AC unit work great along with all the ceiling fan and appliances. We just love the kitchen and the owner was thoughtful enough to get us a map, welcome basket and arrange for a driver from MBJ Airport. The pool is decent but the ocean is RIGHT THERE, just outside the backyard....JUST like in the picture. Anyone who isn't happy in a place like this is a HARD customer or just plain prissy. We took two days and went over to stay in Montego Bay and a medium sized resort (Cobaya) and we prefer this one.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple