“Must Do!”

and up
Shuttle Service from Runaway Bay Hotels to Ocho Rios Attractions
Ranked #9 of 68 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Owner description: This magnificent property has a natural cove which is surrounded by 5 acres of lush tropical rain forest. Visitors have the opportunity to interact and "Swim With" dolphins, enjoying the thrill and love of these amazing lovable animals. Visitors can also swim with, hold, feed and learn about the evolutionary secrets of the Caribbean sharks. Visitors can capture their dream of being a dolphin trainer by taking the challenge of being "Sea Keeper" for the day. Voted as Jamaica's Number One Attraction for a reason. Come for the day, for memories of a lifetime.
“Must Do!”
Reviewed July 21, 2004

Although Dolphin Cove is VERY touristy (caters to cruise ships) and the the non-dolphin-related staff is a bit disdainful - if you have ever had any interest in dolphins at all - do this! There are very few places in the world where you are able to have this kind of experience and it was well worth the $$. We paid for the Dolphin Swim where you are in the water with them and can do a dorsal pull and foot push and have time to stroke them - it was an amazing experience and one I would certainly do again.

30 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
“experience of a lifetime”
Reviewed April 26, 2004

As two familys, 4 adults and 6 children we were allowed 1 dolphin between us. We had plenty of time to interact and play with our Dolphin without being hurried along. The pool was a fantastic place and the Dolphins really seemed to enjoy the interaction too. The photographs and video are of good quality, and a must to treasure the memories when you get back home. We will treasure these memories always. Well done to a happy, well run team, and thank you to the fantastic Dolphins!!

21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“It was fun, but not too interactive.”
Reviewed April 12, 2004

It was what I expected....I booked it in Oct. 2003, they said it was the LAST time available but when I got there people were booking that week. I think they must set aside times for the hotels and tour companies. I booked through the internet and saved the middle man price. The Cove picked me up. I was disappointed that we didn't do the jungle safari tour, I was waiting for them to tell us it was time to line up for it, (we were there 2 hours early) but they never did, apparently you had to ask to go on it. So we missed out on that, it would have been a good way to spend our 2 hours...Food and drink and crafts are all expensive there too. $6 for a strawberry margaretta.
Wow. $2 for a bottle of Pepsi. Anyway, finally got in the water with the dolphins, it was COLD! And petted them posed for a kiss, (Picture) and saw a couple of simple tricks. The kids were freezing and wanted it to be over. (I sorta did too) We did the encounter, not the swim, so we didn't get to ride them or anything. Our's over the internet was $89 instead of $149 through the hotel. So book it over the internet waaay a head of time. Finally out and you watch the tape they made and pick out pictures. 3 -- 5 x 7's and tape came to $75.00. That was about it, the gift shop wasn't cheap either. One of those mini $1.00 fans we sell here WITH batteries for $1 is $12.00 there!!!! Batteries NOT included!!
We laughed and laughed!!! Strange thought process!! Anyway it was fun, just not exceptionally fun.

28 Thank travelinlis
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great day with the dofins”
Reviewed February 23, 2004

A fun time for the entire family. We were disapointed that we could only pet the dolfins and there was no ride hanging onto the dorsal fin.
We had around seven times where we could pet the dolfin and she did many tricks for us. We also all got to give her a kiss and had a photo taken doing that. I regret that I didn't buy the video of us with the dolfin. Shopping afterward was pleasant. the merchants weren't so pushy and let us browse there wares. Unlike those at another attraction we visited. We bought our package on a cruise ship and from what I am reading here we got a wonderful deal for $145 american we got not only the dolfin swim but also the Dunn's River Falls climb. With transportation to both.

21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Clinton, IA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“OK, but not quite as advertised”
Reviewed January 27, 2004

Went January 04. $105 a person for the encounter. Web site showes 2 or 3 people with 1 dolphin. Not quite true. Our group had 10 people with 1 dolphin. The dolphin swam by 2x so we could pet it. Then we got to do the "kiss" photo and that was about it. Don't get me wrong, we were in the water with the animals for 30 minutes, but it wasn't quite as you see on the web sight. It was a once in a lifetime experience and my kids will never forget it, but beware that it's more of just floating around while the trainer talks about dolphins.Friends did the expensive one ($189). They got the pull and foot push. They had 2 dophins for a group of 8/10 people. Seemed nicer but way more expensive.I would recommend going if this is the only chance you will ever have to visit dolphins, but it isn't quite like the photos.

28 Thank AmazonKaren