“Fun but not as great as I thought.”
Review of Dolphin Cove

and up
Shuttle Service from Runaway Bay Hotels to Ocho Rios Attractions
Ranked #10 of 69 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Owner description: This magnificent property has a natural cove which is surrounded by 5 acres of lush tropical rain forest. Visitors have the opportunity to interact and "Swim With" dolphins, enjoying the thrill and love of these amazing lovable animals. Visitors can also swim with, hold, feed and learn about the evolutionary secrets of the Caribbean sharks. Visitors can capture their dream of being a dolphin trainer by taking the challenge of being "Sea Keeper" for the day. Voted as Jamaica's Number One Attraction for a reason. Come for the day, for memories of a lifetime.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Took forever to do the dolphin encounter. They took us in 3 groups and we had to sit and watch the other 2 groups before we got a turn. I thought it was a little disorganized and took longer than it should. We had about 4 different trainers hang around us. Also, my 6 year old did not even get to pet the dophin. They put her at the end and the dolphin missed her twice. The instructer did not seem to notice or care and just sped through the entire expereince. Not worth the money. Also, I could hardly find my way around and no one seemed to be around to help.

1  Thank Tinsman5
Write a ReviewReviews (3,000)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Lots to do, workers are not too pushy. But you are held captive to ballpark priced food & drink. Shark show is just OK. Snorkeling with stingrays is a must-do.

2  Thank LLUncoolJ
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The dolphin swim was a lot of fun and the photos turned out so good. The sting ray exhibit was neat especially the interaction. The snorkeling was ok except there was not many fish. Once again great photos. You will spend a whole day here!

1  Thank HollyMarie46
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I must admit i was hesitant to go to this attraction because of how i feel about animal cruelity. However, after doing other research i have found that these dolphins were bought from Mexico and Cuba, not Japan! After arriving at Dolphin Cove I found i was in heaven. There is a love bird attraction where you go into the secured area and play with the love birds. My kids had a blast because the birds were landing on their heads, arms and shoulders. I haven't heard giggles like that forever. Then we visited the big birds and went down to hold the stingrays. The stingrays attraction is perhaps my favorite because when else can you say you have held a dangerous sea animal when they are so gentle.

We went off to play with the dolphins, which if you can, i definetly suggest you get the ultimate package. It is completely amazing. My girls were hesitant but had the biggest smiles i have ever seen afterwards. The ulitmate package has two dolphins that you can play with.

After the dolphins we went snorkeling. While snorkeling you can see where the sharks are and see them swim by. You also see multitude of different fish swimming around. There is an area where the baby dolphins are kept and you can also play with them through the fence. It is absolutely amazing!! I highly suggest you take a whole day for this excursion!

2  Thank PrincessKutsch
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have never been swimming with dolphins but this experience was one of the bet things i have ever done would pay to go again tommorow if i could would definitly recommend while in jamaica and i would definitly recommend upgrading to the ultimate swim were you get to interact with dolphins more.