“The "Encounter" was fantastic, I'd do it again in a heartbeat!”
Review of Dolphin Cove

Dolphin Cove
Book In Advance
More Info
$50.00*
and up
Shuttle Service from Runaway Bay Hotels to Ocho...
Ranked #18 of 69 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Owner description: This magnificent property has a natural cove which is surrounded by 5 acres of lush tropical rain forest. Visitors have the opportunity to interact and "Swim With" dolphins, enjoying the thrill and love of these amazing lovable animals. Visitors can also swim with, hold, feed and learn about the evolutionary secrets of the Caribbean sharks. Visitors can capture their dream of being a dolphin trainer by taking the challenge of being "Sea Keeper" for the day. Voted as Jamaica's Number One Attraction for a reason. Come for the day, for memories of a lifetime.
Reviewed April 2, 2008

We were just at Dolphon Cove two days ago.
We had a GREAT time, we did the "Encounter" which was the mid-range choice. If I was to do it again, I would still choose this one. I think it was well worth the money! The only negative thing was that we were cut short for time and I wasn't able to fit in any shopping. All of the staff we met were great! Mitsu was our guide for the day (we did the "Best of Ocho Rios Tour") and she did an amazing job of taking care of us. She was very informative not to mention funny and very helpful. Even though we were a bit behind schedule she made sure we all did everything and saw everything and felt comfortable and happy. MJ was our diver that was in charge of our "Encounter" he was hilarious, and just like Mitsu, he made sure everyone was having a great time. Since we had to leave to get to our next destination (Prospect Plantation) we ordered & paid for our pictures and then returned after the Plantation to pick them up. Unfortunately I didn't have time to see the pictures of us holding the stingwrays...I've emailed them to see what the charge is to get more pictures & the dvd mailed to Canada....hopefully they'll do it without it costing a fortune. I definitely suggest visiting Dolphin Cove, it really is a great time! I wouldn't suggest the "Touch" because you only stand at the edge of the water, and only touch them. Definitely do the "encounter" or the "swim" to get your money's worth, and have fun...remember, you're on holiday!

3  Thank candyapplecurlz
Write a ReviewReviews (3,041)
All reviews
in 76 reviews
"an excursion"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed April 1, 2008

My husband, 10-year old son and I went to Dolphin Cove through an excursion booked through our Royal Caribbean cruise.
We chose to do the "swim" and were so glad we did.
We had life jackets and interacted for quite awhile in the water with a guide and our dolphin. It was one of those experiences we will never forget and worth the $.
Yes, they take pictures and a video that are for sale (hint: haggle with the picture people a better price).
It is not a place to spend all day, but the dolphin swim was GREAT.

4  Thank IlliniPride
Reviewed March 9, 2008

Do not go there. It's just a massive place to waste your money. However, I and my Girlfriend swam with the dolphin. Was nice, but extremely expensive and I'd say don't go there.

3  Thank mic_sam
Reviewed February 23, 2008

I would have to say that of all the excursions we went on this was our least favourite. We won this excursion so it was free to us. However, everything in the park cost extra. Where you can take pictures is very limited or not allowed at all. This is mainly so they can sell you the videos and photos they take. The jungle/nature trail is a bust and there are to stopping points where you can have your photo taken with parrots and iguanas. I must stress again this is all at an additional cost. The shark show lasted less then 10 minutes unless someone was willing to pay more to interact with the sharks. All the encounters which included, dolphins, sting rays, sharks, snorkeling, mini boats, kayaking, etc cost extra and didn't last very long. In general this excursion would be at the bottom of my list to do. Don't waste the money on this when there is so much better to see and do in Jamaica. I have to give them credit that for such a small park they have lots of places to spend money. Shops, pictures, videos and restaurants out numbered the attractions. Very lame!

3  Thank Ken C