We returned to CTI in August to celebrate our fifteenth anniversary. We spent our honeymoon here and planned to return every five years, but illness prevented a ten year anniversary trip. We thought we would be disappointed with the renovations since the hotel wouldn't be as magical as we remembered it to be. We were very pleasantly surprised that CTI remains both a magical and beautiful place. The staff truly makes this resort spectacular. From smiling faces, to excellent service, to pleasant conversations, to ensuring that your every need is met, the staff goes above and beyond to make your stay memorable. If you engage the staff, they will remember you and treat you like family throughout your stay. It was also nice to see staff from our first and second visit still at the resort.
The magic begins when you step off the plane and are greeted with a cold drink and smiling face at the Couples Lounge at the airport. From here you take an hour and a half van ride to the resort. With the completion of a new highway this trip was less harrowing and faster than our previous visits. You are warmly greeted, receive a champagne or rum punch and are quickly checked into your room when you arrive.
The renovations to the resort are amazing with the addition of a beautiful, tranquil spa and new pool with a swim-up bar. The modernization of the hotel lobby,restaurants, fitness center, internet cafe and pool area was also well done with tastefully, elegant appointments.
The food is truly gourmet! We dined at all the restaurants and the buffet. Bayside, with the new Asian fusion menu was outstanding! We have eaten at top notch New York City Asian restaurants and Bayside was very comparable plus you are surrounded by the ocean. It is a really romantic restaurant. The chef even came to our table to talk with us and ask how we enjoyed our food. We also had fancy, wonderful meals at 8 Rivers and the Veranda. I was very impressed with the Veranda this time because I really did not care for the previous food/restaurant that was there. The breakfasts and lunches were also great at the Patio Buffet. There were so many fresh, healthy, yummy choices. The veggie bar was also a wonderful addition to the resort. We enjoyed pumpkin kibbee, artichoke dip, marlin dip and sweet potato chips along with cheerful conversation with the girls. We ordered room service one morning and received a continental breakfast with a carafe of Blue Mountain Coffee(YUM!) to enjoy on our balcony.We also enjoyed a private dinner on the beach which was such an extra special treat with a private waiter, and a delectable menu right next to the ocean. We also received two surprise champagne,cheese and crackers set ups in our room during our stay. Having been to several all inclusives, Couples food is truly exceptional.
The rooms were very comfortable with a view of the ocean, ipod docking station, great temperature control, closets and a good sized bathroom. Housekeeping does a great job of keeping the room spotless. We had a little problem with ants coming from a flower in the room and they immediately took care of the problem. The rooms also received tasteful updating during the renovation.
We enjoyed many of the included excursions offered by the hotel such as horseback riding, a catamaran cruise, sea kayaking, garden tour, and snorkeling. Each activity was well planned, fun and exciting. We also spent at day at Couples San Souci and enjoyed experiencing a sister resort. It was very different than Tower Isle but in a good way.
The new spa is just wonderful. We upgraded our complimentary massage to an hour couples massage and were so happy with the service. I also had my hair done for our vow renewal and it turned out so much better than I ever expected. The whole spa area is so tranquil, peaceful, and so nicely decorated. I especially enjoyed the view of the jungle from our treatment room. The hot tubs and Buddha pool were nice places to explore especially at night. This renovation really adds to the resort.
We renewed our vows on the beach and had champagne/cake reception in the garden. We were impressed with the service we received in order to make our ceremony a unique, intimate occasion. The vow renewal package is great with the ceremony, minister, flowers, decorations, cake, certificate and champagne. We purchased a photo package to capture the day.
Lastly, we enjoyed the pools, hot tubs, beach, tower Island, fitness center(confusing to operate treadmills), game room, internet cafe and spectacularly landscaped grounds. CTI is the place to go for complete relaxation, to reconnect with your spouse, and to meet nice people.
We were absolutely impressed with the new CTI. It is still a very magical place for us. My only complaint is that they got rid of the basket hammocks that were throughout the resort and island. There were a couple of regular hammocks but please bring back the basket ones. Again if this is my only complaint, then Couples has done it's job to remain my favorite place on Earth! Can't wait to return and this time we won't wait so long!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios