“Paradise!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Regina, Canada
“Paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2010

This resort was aboslutely goregous. It really was a peice of paradise. The staff is very friendly and willing to accomidate your every wish ! Everyone runs on "jamaican time" however ! I love at this resort that all of the watersports, as well as activities like horseback riding, etc were included in the resort price. As well, EVERYTHING is free, including top shelf liquor! (my boyfriend was drinking henesse by the glass) The food and resturaunts were absoultely amazing, and you could still get a grilled cheese at 2 am if you wanted to from the beach bar ! I loved the veggie/smoothie bar as well for snacks. You are truely spoiled here ! The weather was cloudy the majoirty of the time, but the staff still try their best, they took us snorkeling, even though it was too windy to see anything ! I love the hidden hot tubs by the spa, as well as the hammock and garden. The couples website is neat as well as it has a forum where you can post information/questions about the resort before you go. I was part of a wedding party at this resort, and i highly reccommend getting married here, they do a gorgeous job. The rooms are abosultely gorgeous, we stayed in the standard garden view room, and compared to the ocean view some friends of ours were staying in, i actually enjoyed our room better, it had french doors and a nicer closet/bathroom! Some times upgrading isnt the best! I loved the swim up bar, as well as the pink/leapord piano bar!. I think one of the best parts of this resort is the decor, i absoultely loved the fresh/modern trendiness of this resort. Oh ! and take advantage of the room service breakfast! The only ONLY negative point of this resort is that another hotel was overbooked and there were some teenagers staying with their parents during our stay (under the age of 18) as well as a special needs family of 6, which by all means is fine regularly, but they do promise it is a "couples only" resort. When I tried to contact the resort about this when I returned home, they told me that it never happened, and these people were never guests, in a way accusing me of lying about something i clearly saw with my two eyes!. Otherwise, I would highly highly reccommend this or any other couples resorts.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hotpink_flipflop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (955)
swindon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2010

Well what can I say............. Apart from pure heaven and one of the most beautiful place I have visited.
Our holiday was origionally made for the 19th April however due to the ash cloud we were unable to fly out ( dissapointed was an understatment !!!!!! ) I managed to speak to the hotel itself over the weekend to explain that we weren't able to make the following day and that I would be incontact with the European Office on the Monday when they were open to re book. I have never received customer service as outstanding as what I have received by Couples both in the hotel, the Jamacian Head Office and also the Eurpoean Office.
So I finally re booked and eventually got out there on 10th May, after a 6 hour delay we finally got to TI at 3 in the morning, throught the transfer from Kingston the hotel was regulary calling Danny our taxi driver to ensure all was OK and where we were which was reasuring. On our arrival we were greated with the warm Jamacian smile and a drink. We were taken to our room, as it was 3 in the morning we couldnt see our view, we had booked the standard garden veiw room, when I woke the next morning and went out on the balcony we had been given an Ocean View ( what a wonderful suprise ).
Anyway so this review isnt too lengthly I will give an overview on food, beach etc.
Food - Outstanding, great variety in all resturants.
Eight Rivers - Never tasted food like it, great flavours and service second to none.
Bayside - Excellent Asian fuson food great flavours again excellent service, beautiful setting.
Pool Grill - Best burgers ever, even when we arrived at 3 in the morning we had some Jerk Chicken amaizing.
The Patio - Buffet resuraent breakfast,lunch and dinner all great variety and tasted great, loved it all.
We didnt eat in the Varandah or the juice bar, there was no reason for this we just didnt get round to it.
Bars- Service simply outstanding, never had to wait for a drink and great variety of all premium drinks.
Beach - Beautiful.... never seemed busy always being cleaned throughout the day ( when the sea brings sea weed in ) bar staff serving you throughout the day on the beach and bringing round friut kebabs mmmmmmm.
Spa - OMG pure heaven had the best massage ever, I recommed that you arrive half an hour earlier to enjoy the Spa facilities in the Buddah pool, steam rooms and hot tubs.
Rooms - beautiful, kept really clean and the bed soooo comfy the AC is a god send, I have read reviews that the showers spill out into teh main bathroom we didnt have this problem.
Staff - OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!!!
Overall both myself and my partner had the most wonderful holiday, 7 days really wasnt enough so when we return it will be for at least 10 days.

Overall this hotel is heaven on earth there wasnt one thing that I can possibly complain about. Everything was perfect. Can't wait to go back.

4 Thank holidayqueenswindon
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2010

My spouse and I had an opportunity to travel last-minute, and after a good deal of research, I booked a week at CTI. From start to finish, it was one of the very best vacation experiences I have ever had. We booked a superior ocean view room for a week in April.

Upon our arrival at the airport, we were immediately greeted by the Couples staff and offered a cold beverage, a clean restroom, and someone to handle our luggage and transport it to the hotel. The ride to Ocho Rios was somewhat long, but fairly pleasant, with one stop for a break along the way. When we arrived at the hotel, the staff was quick and courteous about getting us checked in, with a cool towel and a fresh drink handed to each person. We were then escorted to our room by Kirk, who delivered our luggage, told us about the hotel. The staff members were helpful and charming the entire week, without exception. Shortly after we got to our room, a fellow showed up to deliver complimentary champagne and cookies as a welcome gift.

The food was excellent overall, with only a few dishes that were mediocre over the course of the week. We enjoyed Dunn's River, horseback riding, scuba, sailing, kayaking, and relaxing and never once felt pressured to tip (at the resort - the outside activities required tips). We were happy at the end of the trip to provide our comment card to recognize some of the most exceptional staff. Colin from the scuba group was particularly excellent, as we were first-time divers who so thoroughly enjoyed our experience that we are already planning our next vacation at Couples to get our certifications. Our room was lovely, including a fairly private view of the ocean.

All told, it was a tremendously fun, relaxing trip during which we never felt the need to plan too much or worry about anything being done - it was all taken care of, and we are looking forward to going back soon!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chellfish
Plymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

We stayed at CTI on the last week of April and first week of May.

We could not fault anything about the Hotel at all, but if we had to Nit-pick, it would be that the Island closed at 5pm. We think that if the Island closed at 6, it would give you perfect time to go back to your room for a rest and chill, before going out for the evening meal.As it closed at 5pm, it seemed to leave you with to much time on your hands if you did not feel like drinking cocktails.

It also seemed like the perfect place to see the sunset and the perfect place to try the AN, as many guests found out. Once you try it you will be hooked like the rest of us!

So many good things have been written about the staff, food, trips and surroundings and they are all true. One night even the GM came over to introduce himself to us after he seen us wave at friends he knew, who where also eating in the same restaurant.

Due to the Volancic ash cloud our flight back to the Uk was delayed by four hours. The staff at couples just old us to enjoy our extra time there and they would take us to the Airport later. There were Towels and showers we could use at the Spa, just go and enjoy our extra time. When we got to the airport, other guests had been there for hours and had just been given meal vouchers for Burger King! Think we had the best deal by a mile and thank you CTi

We met some great people who made our Holiday even more special ,and who are now friends, from all over the USA. We will be returning next year long with our newly made friends and cant wait.

4 Thank BushwackerD
chitownshandi, Director of Sales at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this review, May 18, 2010
Hello and thank you for your review of Couples Tower Isle. We are thrilled you enjoyed your holiday. Its wonderful to hear you enjoyed Tower Isle, met new friends, and were able to take advantage of the CTI amenities while your plane was delayed. Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.
Andi Conway
Director of Sales and Marketing, Couples Resorts
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2010

We stayed at Couples Tower Isle the first week of May and the place is fantastic! The service is superior to any I have ever experienced. The resort is kept spotless and as a guest you will want for nothing. The food at all the restaurants and the buffet was excellent. We never had to wait at any of the restaurants or the Patio buffet. The staff takes pride in providing excellent service and makes sure the guests have everything they want or need. We stayed in a Superior Ocean View room and the room was beautiful! We stayed for 7 nights and the week just flew by and we have already decided we are going back next year and plan to stay 10 nights. There is absolutely nothing a person could complain about while staying at this resort.

4 Thank Isabella48
brady1348
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

Just got back from Couples Tower Isle. A little background- we originally booked the opening special at Secrets St. James in Montego Bay but after reading some bad reviews, we panicked and switched to Couples. We did the Secret Rendezvous because we didn't want to spend much more than we had already paid at Secrets, and it didn't look like you could go wrong with any of the Couples resorts. Bad news- we got put at the least expensive resort in the least expensive room (deluxe garden view). Good news- we had a great time and only paid $325/night ($50 less than if we booked the exact same room intentionally).

Pros
Best food I've ever had at an all-inclusive- hands down. We ate at 8 Rivers twice and the food was just as good as any 4 star restaurant. The absolute best part were the included activities. We did most of them- horseback riding, catamaran cruise, Dunn's river falls. These things would have added up to a lot of money if you had to pay for them individually. The staff was fantastic- we did have one or two staff members we didn't love, but everyone else made up for it.
I liked Ocho Rios, and the drive from the airport was long but fine. I will consider staying in Montego Bay next time, as we had to leave the resort at 10am for a 3pm flight back to the States. I had booked the 3pm intentionally so we didn't have to leave in the morning. At least airport transportation was free- that would have cost a lot right there.
We used the spa a few times, and I thought the employees there were very knowledgeable. They are kind of running on Jamaica time in terms of when your appointment actually starts, but they always gave you your full paid-for service time.
I really liked the veggie bar on the beach. We aren't vegetarians, but it was nice, refreshing food for daytime after splurging at 8 Rivers or Bayside the night before.

I especially liked the no tipping policy. There were sooo many employees we would have loved to tip because they did such a great job, but we would have had to bring like $300 in ones. (You are expected to tip any of the drivers for any activity/ride to airport.) We will very seriously consider this aspect of Couples if we book again- it makes for a true all-inclusive and there's no favoring of certain guests.

Great free computers! A lot of times when resorts offer free computers and internet, they're pieces of... but these were fast and nice, and there were quite a few of them. There is even a printer in the computer room where you can print your boarding passes, etc.- no charge!

Cons
I was a little disappointed in the beach because it was so small (my boyfriend wasn't disappointed at all). We had never been to Jamaica, and I expected to be able to walk along the beach a long way, etc. This is not the resort's fault- the beaches are broken up by rocky cliffs. The sand and water are beautiful, though. It's just small. I saw a lot more people at the pools than the beach, and I'm not sure why when it was so pretty. There is only a very small area roped off for swimming, so you definitely won't be doing much ocean swimming here.
I was NOT happy with the treadmills in the workout facility. Since we couldn't do a long beach walk, I thought I'd get my run in on the treadmills. Only 2 of the 4 worked, and the ones that did shook so badly that I didn't feel safe. So if you're a runner, you'll have to figure something else out. They did have some sort of group aerobic walking in the mornings, but 8am was a little early for me.
Our least favorite part by far was the room. Again, we had the cheapest one- the deluxe garden view. I didn't mind the garden view. It was actually pretty peaceful, and I could see how many of the ocean views would get a lot of nighttime noise. The problem is it was just really small and the bathroom was horrible. It was tiny with a pedestal sink, just a shower, and only a tiny amount of space to put your stuff. There was no mini bar and no room service except a continental breakfast you could order. We were tempted to try to upgrade our room, but it ended up not being a big deal since we weren't in there that much. If I were you, i would honestly consider how much time you will spend in your room before booking and go from there.

I wasn't blown away by the resort's decor. When you first pull up it's actually very modest. But it is nice and clean and relaxing, so you don't need a lot of flashy decor. The South Beach retro feel was actually really cool.

Tips:
Don't forget lots of bug spray if bugs like you! I used some every morning and night before dinner.
I am medium to fair-skinned and I used SPF 70 everyday and didn't burn but still tanned a little.
Only brought 1 waterproof camera- wish we brought 2 b/c we had to buy an extra for $20 at the gift shop. You need waterproof for catamaran cruise and Dunn's river falls.
Dunn's river falls- you need some sort of water shoes. I had some Teva/Chaco type sandals, and they were fine. My fiance wore tennis shoes, and he was OK but they never dried before we left. Aqua socks would be best. You get completely wet, so don't try to bring anything with you. You do need tip money, so we used a ziploc bag that we kept in my fiance's pocket.
Horseback riding- you have to wear long pants and some sort of actual shoe. I tried to wear the Teva/Chaco shoes, and they made me borrow aqua socks. I have no idea why they wouldn't accept a non-flip flop like shoe, but they wouldn't. (I would have been fine in the Tevas, and I think they would have let me keep them on if I had pushed them.)
Bring some bigger-size ziploc bags for clothes that haven't dried before you leave. Another traveler recommended this to me before we left, and I was so glad I did. It is so humid in Jamaica that any clothes that we left out to dry were still damp when it was time to leave a few days later. Maybe if we had direct sunlight on our balcony they would have dried better.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank brady1348
Winchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

I just returned from a vacation at Couples Tower Isle outside of Ocho Rios Jamaica. The Couples resorts in Jamaica offers a lounge at the Montego Bay Airport while you wait for the complimentary transportation to your resort. While you wait there is an endless supply of Red Stripe beer available. After arriving at the resort, you are greeted with a warm towel to freshen up and some rum punch. The check in was very fast and professional. The furniture in the room was a little dated but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Enjoyed the food that was available. There are 6 restaurants or places to eat so there is an opportunity to vary what you are eating. The bartenders do an excellent job at mixing the drinks. The staff that is responsible for daily activities do a fantastic job of trying to get the guest to participate in the volleyball, talent shows, scavenger hunts and the evening entertainment. Want to go horseback riding? It's complimentary. Want to go for a cruise on a catamaran? It's complimentary. Want to go to Dunn River Falls? The transportation to the falls is complimentary. Want to water ski? It's complimentary. If you want to keep in touch with the world, wi-fi is available or there is a room with about 8 computers that are hooked up to the internet both are complimentary. The beach was clean and there were many loungers available. The Tower isle is actually a small island that the staff ferry the guest to all for nude sunbathing. Insects, rodents or wildlife didn't seem to be a problem during my stay. Also, we didn't have a problem with locals trying to sell goods or services on the beach. My stay at Couples Tower Isle was a wonderful experience and I'm very glad that I stayed there.

2 Thank Douglas63
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,096 reviews
Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!