“COS is the best!”

Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Baltimore, MD
“COS is the best!”
Reviewed September 23, 2006

We went to COS for our 10th anniversary. We had never been to Jamaica before, but let me tell you - we can't wait to go back! Literally, this was the best vacation EVER and we've been on a lot of vacations. If you want to relax and be pampered, this is the place to go. The service was IMPECCABLE! Everyone was very accomodating and resort was very clean. The restaraunts were delicious and very romantic. We took the day trip to Dunn's River Falls and had a blast. And the private island (if you are brave enough to go) was great fun. We would go back and repeat this exact vacation again. Actually, we plan to! Have fun!

• Liked — All Inclusive and great service
  • Disliked — Not much in the way of nightlife
  • Tips/Secrets — Be brave - go to the island!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Jenn73

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (998)
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 25, 2006

I could go on and on about how much we loved our vacation but everybody else has said it all already. I just don't understand how anybody couldn't enjoy themselves at this great resort.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
10 Thank LunchBox73
london
Reviewed August 16, 2006

We got moved from the horrible sunset janaica grande,let me tell you this place is leaps and bounds above the grande.i couldn;t fault it ,the food was out of this world and the booze original and strong, the service you recieve it top class from the bell boys to the room staff,all the trips are included inc the falls,horseriding glass boat,cacamaran trip,now this was not my cup of tea but it has its own au natural island 500 m from the shore, not creepy or anything, its got a piano bar that close's when tha last person leaves, us brits were the last as always 4.30 5.30 ish every night,top class.If you want a nice place to stay in Ocho Rios and dont have kids you wont go wrong here

14 Thank genosidalstorm
Suffolk, England
Reviewed August 15, 2006

We would totally agree with Liz & Les who are very fortunate to stay at what we consider our second home in paradise. If only we could stay as often as this couple we would be content for the rest of our lives.

Couples Ocho Rios has everything and more for that special place in paradise. We have only been fortunate to stay twice so far, in Aug '02 for our honeymoon and in Aug '04 to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. If we could we would return again and again with no hesitation.

On our first visit, which was a total surprise for my new wife, we stayed in a garden view room (Room 123 as I recall) and the room was excellent. The greeting of the towels made into swans on the bed was the best first impression you could wish for when you first view your holiday room. After the long bus journey (which we enjoyed as you get to see the culture of Jamaica) and being greeted at the reception with cool towels and a glass of champagne, how could it get any better. Well let me tell you, it did !

We arrived at COR late in the afternoon and joined the orientation group to show us around and explain the activities and where everything was. We were informed of 'Da Island' and it's policy of bare all or return, which was explained very tactfully. Our first impressions were good and we liked the exclusive nature of COR as no other properties were able to use the beach area.

The days were spent mainly soaking up the sun and ambience around the pool area or our favourite place on some loungers on the top deck near the hot tub where the walk to the Bayside resteraunt is. We did not visit the island on our first trip but we did on our second and the experience was truly majical and breathes life into your sole. Our evenings were occupied with romantic dinners in the fabulous resteraunts, the Bayside being our favaourite, listening to the great entertainment and walking along the pier and sitting watching the carribean ocean till late, when we would walk back to our comfortable air conditioned room and look forward to another glorious day.

During our stay I took my PADI diving certificate and was introduced to the world of scuba by the best possible 'dive boys' you could wish for. Collin, Fruity and the rest of the boys became our friends along with many of the staff who were all so friendly and helpful, in fact they just could not do enough for you.

In summary there is no better place to vacation than Couples Ocho Rios, our paradise in the sun.

Peter & Norma - Suffolk, England

• Liked — The housekeeping was excellent
  • Disliked — None
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't be afraid to ask for anything, everything is 'No problem mon'
  • Stayed August 2004, traveled as a couple
18 Thank peterweston
england
Reviewed August 8, 2006

In response to one writer who wrote that Couples Ocho Rios "has seen better times", my wife and I having coming to COR for fifteen years, sometimes three times per year. We are currently staying at Couples Ocho Rios for five weeks, we have visited hotels all over the world and in our opinion COR offers value for money and the cleaniless is by far superior than anything we have visited during our travels.

We are most perturbed that negative comments were made about rooms and know this to be totally untrue. The cleanliness of the room and all standards of hygiene are second to none. The food, the friendliness of the staff and all aspects related to the hotel are of exceptional standard.

We have recommended this hotel to many of our friends who are also well travelled and they are all of the same opinion.

It is a pity we cant make our five weeks ten weeks instead, and we would recommend this hotel to anyone without any reservations.

Liz & Les Robinson - England

Stayed August 2006
24 Thank crycry
England
Reviewed August 3, 2006

HI currently staying at the COR until next week, and I must say it has seen better times.

Yes I have been to other all inclusives in the Caribbean and in fact other part of the world so maybe I'm a little spoilt but the room we were given first was filthy. We complained and were given another room we said we'd put up with it and see how it went but decided just to leave it as it was as the other's weren't any better.

Don't get me wrong, the staff are excellent welcoming, food plentiful, weather couldn't be faulted, but we've come a long way for this holiday and it wasn't cheap I do think although I saw previously that the management have said it had an upgrade a lick of paint doesn't solve the problem. Having looked at the comments about the other Couples Hotels in Jamaica there wasn't another one to chose all had not to good ratings.

As I said Housekeeping should be taken to hand I don't feel our bedding has been changed the yellow eiderdown still has a drop of make up I accidently spilt on it over a week a go.

All in all, I feel that people have not been out and seen the big wide world if they feel that this place is "Out of this World" get out and see the rest of it.

84 Thank susanmc
Jamman, vice president of operations at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this review, August 8, 2006
If you are unhappy with the resort rooms please see the general manager who will offer alternatives rooms. If you are still unhappy we will offer a transfer to another Couples resort with out penalties.
Our valued guests are from all over the world and many have traveled extensively. Couples Ocho Rios one of the first all-inclusives in the world with a very high repeat clientele.
Charleston, SC
Reviewed August 1, 2006

My husband and I stayed at COR from 7/23-7/31/06. Over the past 6 years we’ve stayed at numerous mid to high end hotels in Negril, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios. After reading every review I could get my hands on concerning Couples, we decided to book the Secret Rendezvous package which meant we didn’t know which resort we were going to until the week prior to departure. I thought all four resorts had their own characteristics that were appealing and didn’t really have a preference so I wasn’t disappointed by any means to get COR.

Rooms: I didn’t pay for the Ritz, so I didn’t expect the Ritz. We booked a garden room and were upgraded to an ocean view. The room was dated but nothing out of the ordinary for a resort that old. Pretty standard furniture, bedding and bathroom fixtures.

Beach: Definitely exceeded my expectations. Plenty of chaises and floats and was not nearly as small as some have described. The hotel provides beach service for drinks which is about the height of laziness since the bar is literally steps away but that’s what we paid for so we took full advantage.

Included Excursions/water sports: As this was our 7th trip to Jamaica, we’ve done just about everything on land and at sea and did not partake in any of the included excursions/water sports but heard from people who did that you can’t go wrong with any of them.

Tower Island: I wasn’t brave enough to try, much to my husband’s dismay.

Food: Again, you get what you pay for. It was pretty much what we expected. Breakfast and lunch are buffet only (which gets old real fast) but there really is a lot of variety and the continental breakfast room service is a must for those mornings of lounging in your pj’s on your balcony. The two reservation restaurants are good and we never had a problem with getting a reservation and ate at both twice. The Verandah Restaurant is the other al la carte option and does not require a reservation and has a very good menu selection. They do change the menus at each restaurant so if you see something you like one night you might not see it again by the time you leave.

Bar Service/drinks: It’s all-inclusive so if you like a stiff drink and don’t tell them to make it a double, it’s your own fault. “Premium brands” hold true for some liquor (Gin, Scotch) but not for your Vodka, Tequila and others. Not a big deal as they have a very extensive liquor cabinet and we always found something that would please the taste buds. For the most part, service is wonderful. You always get your hit and miss people.

Overall: It is probably heaven for novice travelers as I thought my initial visits to all-inclusives were and have since been exposed to how good it can be. You can’t compare the place to the higher end hotels and you’re also not paying those prices so if that’s what you’re looking for, don’t go. Otherwise, I would recommend the Secret Rendezvous package and take a chance for a very reasonable price.

45 Thank cshillingford
Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
Moon Palace Jamaica
Moon Palace Jamaica
#7 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!