My girlfriend and I just returned from 8 days at Couples Ocho Rios. I've spent all day today wishing I was still there. We had an absolutely wonderful time. Having read some reviews and thoroughly studying the website before our visit, I would say that the resort matched my expectations exactly. It is not perfect, but it still finds a way to be great. Couples Ocho Rios is situated on a small beach in a very natural, very green area with rainforest type vegetation on the grounds. You are on the outskirts of the town, but normal local life is happening all around the outside of the resort.
This is a resort where you can expect to stay busy and have endless opportunities for activity if you are willing to pursue them. This is also a resort where you can lay all day on the beach or by the pool, in the sun or in the shade. You will have a view of the harbour and the island and a bar within crawling distance of any seat you choose. The Au Natural Island is separated from the beach by the harbour and the nude sunbathers are not in view of the general population. It is your choice on whether or not to indulge in a trip to the island.
This resort really is a place where you can create your own experience. We enjoyed the restaurants. Daytime selections are limited, but the evening dining choices are very nice. The evening entertainment can be overdone, but it is still enjoyable. I would not consider this a "party resort", but you can definitely have a good time. The piano bar is fun. I had my first scuba diving experience and will now be a diver for life (partly because of the awesome scuba staff). I played Squash for the first time. I water skied on the ocean. I played ping pong until my arm hurt. We kayaked and snorkeled in crystal blue water. I laid on the beach and enjoyed a Red Stripe (well, maybe two). I played bingo by the pool. There are many other daily activities planned and available if you choose to participate.
You will meet people who have been coming to this same resort for many years, some who even come more than once a year. You will be entertained by a staff that is doing what they love and somehow never seems to get tired. You will receive wonderful service from large team of local workers. If you are expecting the Ritz, then I suggest you make a stop at the Ritz. It is only about 1 hour away. If you appreciate nice people trying their best and truly succeeding at creating a wonderful experience....make the trip to Couples Ocho Rios. We actually came away feeling like we missed a few things. Our "schedule" never allowed us to make a the evening catamaran "booze cruise" or take a Hobie Cat or windsurfing lesson. Honestly, the only thing I really needed to do more of was relax!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios