My husband and I stayed at Couples OR at Easter 2004. It was our first trip to Jamaica. As I say in the title, this was one of our most enjoyable holidays ever and we haven't stopped recommending it to friends. The Caribbean is a fair distance from the UK so you're very tired when you arrive. We waited around half an hour in the airport for the minibus to be ready/other passengers to arrive. The Couples lounge was too small so a few of us sat outside it on our cases - a cool drink would've been great at this point. That is one of only two gripes I had all week. The transfer journey was interesting, in the hair-raising sense, but the roads are undergoing major work so you can't blame the resort for that! On arrival we were greeted with hot towels and champagne and sat overlooking the sea for five minutes - no longer - until someone showed us to our rooms. We had booked a garden-view room but we told them it was our Wedding Anniversary and they gave us an Ocean View. Unfortunately it was in the older block past the pool - no balconies! The rooms are larger because of this and you could hear the sea...but what to do? I love having a balcony to myself. The resort let us look at another room when one became available two days later and we decided to move - so we couldn't later say 'what if?'! This room had a balcony and a newer bathroom...it was a bit musty but you get used to that. Husband couldn't smell it.
Anyway - why 5 stars? Incredibly friendly atmosphere, excellent staff, great watersports (and tutors)- lots of equipment available and easy to get a go on, good choice of dining (I rated the food quality in the middle of the three all-inclusives we've been to), good activities/nightly entertainment, great included trips, lovely jungle jacuzzis (for two people) and more social large sea-view jacuzzis where you can meet people after the beach and before dinner, and even the other guests seemed friendlier than usual! The place becomes your new home (I wish!).
Second gripe was to do with the food and staff attitude on one evening at the Bayside restaurant (Food was not as the menu stated - staff not bothered). If that's the worst that happens in a week, you've had a great holiday, right?!
We don't go back to places because there are always new places in the world to see. We are definitely going back to COR. Even if we have to swim there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios