I just returned from my honeymoon (8/2) fron Couples Ocho Rios and I must say that it is the best place to have a honeymoon.
Aside from the consistent good weather that graces the place, there are so many options that are available to you on the premises and lively excursions off premises. One off premise trip that I strongly advise for couples is the trip to Shaw Gardens. It's the most inexpensive and yet the most interesting with the rich gardens and breathtaking view of the city of Ocho Rios.
On days that we chose to stay close and flop on the beach and in the water, you will not be disappointed. The sand naturally is hot but the water is lukearm, NEVER gets cold, even in the evenings, and sometimes you are blessed with a full moon in the evenings which has a somewhat aphrodisical effect on couples.
The best restaurant on the premises,Le Gourmet, is upscale and has a dress code but it is worth paying it a visit.
On the other side of the spectrum, if you just feel like bumming around in your swimwear all day( and night), you can eat at the Beach Grill, which in my opinon, serves better burgers and fries than any burger joint in the states, but the hands down favorite was the fried fish.
The free frinks did not taste as if they were free. They used premium brand liquors and mixed drinks like master barkeeps. I had a personal favorite bartender that mixed so well, I frequently tipped him although it was forbidden to do so.
The rooms were in great condition, the linens and towels were changed frequently and the room service was timely and very courteous. You must try the continental breakfast one morning in bed, the banana bread is the best.
The staff will go out of your way to please you. I mentioned to a staff member that I never had fresh coconut juice and one of the members climbed one of the local trees, cut one one down and served it open with an umbrella and brown sugar. Most refreshing drink we ever had.
In closing, the resort provided the best Honeymoon that I thought possible and I have already starting planning a trip to the resort next year.
P.S. If you go, go with an open mind. You are guaranteed to meet new and interesting people there that you will wish to keep in contact with. I have made new friends from 20 different states and numerous countries, and I plan to lock them all inmy Rolodex.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios