“the best holiday ever!!”
Review of Couples Tower Isle

Couples Tower Isle
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“the best holiday ever!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

we were picked up from the airport by the hotel bus, champagne on arrival at the resort. Our room was 5 star, absolutely beautiful. For the whole of our holiday the staff made us feel so welcome, the food was out of this world, the resort was everything we could have wished for and more. Would definitely return and have started saving already

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank catinatent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (987)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My wife and I went here for some real rest and relaxation. Like you, we read all the reviews here so we felt we owed one to TripAdvisor after trip. This is our first trip to an all inclusive resort. This place is absolutely fantastic. What I loved the most about Couples T.I. is the people who work there. I was surprised to find so many people who genuinely enjoy working with each other and who enjoy helping you have a good time. Everyone is genuinely friendly. Each day they greet you with a nice smile and a warm hello.

The food is great. The restaurants are nice. We enjoyed our meals at Bayside and the other restaurants. The coffee is great. I never had it before so now I'm a fan of Jamaican coffee. I heard other couples that have been to other resorts like Sandals and they commented that the food was better than those other locations.

The facilities are great and well-maintained. I know some people say it looks dated but it doesn't feel that way. We had a beautiful view of the beach from our room. They kept the room tidy each day. The room service was great. You pretty much have a limited menu since you're ordering from the Poolside Grill but it's still great tasting. If there's anything you need it's just a quick phone call away. There's WiFi throughout the grounds but it doesn't always work well everywhere. But at least it's free. The beach is enclosed so you don't have random people coming up to you that shouldn't be there. The resort includes some great excursions. We went to Dunns River Falls. That was a lot of fun. If you're there you should also visit the Blue Hole.

As for the activities on the grounds, snorkeling was a lot of fun. But be mindful that all of the clinics for the various activities are in the morning. I think it's a great value when you consider everything that is included. Every night there was a different activity in the evening. It was entertaining in the evenings. We were up early each day so by the end of each day we were spent. We met couples at different places in their marriages...newly weds and those decades in. It was great to see.

When you first get there they greet you and say welcome home. At first I thought it was odd but after a stay there I understood why. You do feel like you're at home when you're there. I would definitely recommend this resort if you're looking for a resort that offers you a great value for the price. I made my reservations through CostCo Travel. I thought it was a great value since they include Club Mobay and a $100 credit towards an outdoor activities.

And I can't say enough about the people at Couples T.I. They are fantastic and I really can't say enough about them. They really make the resort what it is. I hope this review helps you decide on staying here because I don't think you'll be disappointed.

16 Thank Manny616
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon twenty five years ago, and loved the all inclusive luxury and "no problem" service response. My husband booked our return as an anniversary surprise. We were fearful that our memory would be tarnished. We were absolutely delighted in every way. This resort caters to adults, the vibe is warm inviting, the views inspiring, the pools are sparkling and the beach beautiful. The decor was beautifully updated. I use a cane and found the restaurants, and public areas adequately accessible. The beach would not be accessible if a wheelchair was needed. The food and drinks were also excellent. Great mix of local Jamaican and American style. Already booked our return; not waiting another 25 years.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are worth the extra $$. First floor hallways can be noisy, especially building...
3 Thank PRN_Travel
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We just got back from 9 days and we really had a good time. It's a two hour drive from the airport, and we were picked up in a small, nice, air conditioned bus which was fine because there were only two couples. Our driver stopped half way, so we could stretch and use the facilities and get a drink or food if we wanted. At the hotel, we were greeted with a cold cloth and champagne, we had a single room and after seeing it, we upgraded to a suite. We were glad we did, it was larger and it had a Jacuzzi tub and a better view of the tower isle. It's an older, smaller resort, but we soon realized we really liked that. There are cool tiled floors everywhere in beautiful blues. Everyone is very nice and remembers your name immediately, after getting us settled into our room, Byron, was always saying hi to us the entire stay with a big smile. We ate at the buffet Patio most of the time, but twice we ate at the 8 rivers restaurant and it was fabulous. I have Celiac (gluten allergy) and they were great, I even had gluten free warm rolls made especially for me! Not just one kind, three. I felt normal eating there, usually it's very stressful to eat out. We ate at the Bayside one night, and Mayuree was wonderful, I forgot to tell them when I made the reservation about my allergy, but she worked it out and we had a wonderful dinner on the water. I saw her several times after that, once at lunch at the Patio, and she made me a special Pad Thai without soy sauce, a few other times and each time she stopped to say hello. There were several wonderful people in the Patio that helped me on a daily basis, Alecia, was especially helpful, after the first day, she recognized me and went through the dishes telling me which ones were gluten free and getting me gluten free bread too. I wish I was as good at remembering names as they are because there were so many others that helped me at the Patio. I had poached eggs almost every morning and they were always perfect! There was another young lady, Ava, who just came up to us and started a conversation, and we just talked like we were old friends. So nice. There was always something to do: hat making, basket making, beading, painting, tie and dye, dance lessons, snorkeling, water bike, etc. or nothing at all. There are several trips included in your stay such as glass bottom boat, catamaran, Dunn's River Falls trip, shopping, etc. We did the boat trips, but not the Falls, we have a sore knee. There is a veggie bar downstairs and it has fabulous food and smoothies, etc. The beach is small but nice, and I found some shells and coral. There are two pools, one with a swim up bar, but we preferred the other one, it was quieter, and there is a bar close by. We went to the fitness center in the morning, it's small but adequate, so we didn't feel guilty about food and drink later. I think the hotel has been there since the late 40's and there are these cool old pictures all over showing how the place used to look, and that was fun. If Aubin is there drawing, check out his artwork, it's wonderful and he's fun to talk to as well. I can't say enough about this place, it's not fancy schmancy, but it is a gem. We wanted a vacation to relax and have fun, and we just loved it. We met wonderful people staying there as well and that made the trip even more lovely. Hi to Mavis and Roy and to Yelena and Mikheil. (sorry if I spelled that wrong) The place is very clean. Someone is always cleaning somewhere. There are several trees by the pool that drop stuff and the poor guy was always sweeping the mess up. I love the trees though, because I'm very light skinned and they provided me with shade. They provide you with a custom water bottle that you fill at the water station by the elevators and it is a nice touch. I hate all those disposable water bottles. The only thing I could suggest is I think they could update the furniture in the rooms, but that's not a deal breaker. A more comfortable sofa would be nice.

Room Tip: Take conditioner, they only have conditioning shampoo, fine for short hair, not for long. Tiny bott...
4 Thank Heidi M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We went in early August and had such a great time. It is around a 2 hour trip from the airport to the hotel and it is totally worth it. The hotel, the services, and the amenities were amazing. The food was amazing; we had dinner on the beach, dinner at two of the included restaurants, and the buffet was great too. The spa was great too and we had the best massages. Make sure you go to Dunns River Falls, but don't look up if you are afraid of Spiders!
The only thing that could be improved for me was the wi-fi.
The staff was so friendly and we had an awesome time. I would recommend this resort to anyone that wants a week away in Jamaica.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an ocean view room.
2 Thank Roger B
Hartsville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a grande dame that is aging well, and is still beautiful despite its age. Everything was just immaculate. I can't say enough good things about the service of the staff. They all seemed to go out of their way to please you and see to your comfort and needs. The kitchen is AMAZING! The food is outstanding, pleasing to the eye as well as to taste.

I have only two negative remarks which are why I can't give this resort a "five". The floor tiles in our room #4506 need replacing badly, and the beach service could have been better. However, there were repair and paint crews busily at work in other parts of the resort, and the main bar wasn't THAT far away...I just didn't want to climb the stairs.

2 Thank Traveldiva1979
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We went at the end of July and it was beautiful. The water was nice, staff "very" friendly and the accommodations were sufficient with a great view. Everything is included; catamarans, water bikes, scuba, snorkeling, wind sailing, etc. A nice gentleman on a surfboard rows in and sells nice sea shells, starfish and sand dollars. The food was fantastic, my girl can vouch for that. Drinks were steady and the entertainment at night was groovy. The resort was very clean and open and the grounds were well kept. Not far from this hotel is dolphin cove, Dunns River Falls, the zip line and some shopping as well. We are going back. Yeah Mon!

Room Tip: Premier Ocean
3 Thank Ludirico
Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!