“BEST TIME OF MY LIFE!”

Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Orlando, Florida
“BEST TIME OF MY LIFE!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I went back in June 2013 for my birthday, and it was HEAVENLY! Right from the start we were given drinks (beer) at the airport while we waited for our van to take us to the resort. We drove for about an hour I believe and then after we dropped everyone else off, we arrived at the Couples Resort in Ocho Rios and it was MAGNIFICENT! Greeted with drinks, we had our luggage taken upstairs and we were shown to our room after check-in. The bellman was AWESOME, super friendly and helped us out whenever needed. The entire staff were easy going and friendly and did I mention the view was impeccable? The food and drinks were spot on and our room was very clean and comfortable. I felt like we had the best view in the house. I absolutely loved every single thing about this resort and our stay. We went on multiple excursions, some paid for by the resort and others that were not such as horse back riding through the mountains and ocean and going to the luminescent lagoon. We are definitely going to try another Couples Resort in Jamaica soon. We LOVED Ocho Rios and I would recommend it to ANYONE! 5 STARS!!!

Room Tip: Our suite stayed cool- it was perfection. Our room was smack dab in the middle with a phenomenal vie...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hisibro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
San Jose, California
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Actually my wife and I were here August 2011 for our honeymoon.
We are missing it daily. We were planning to return for our 1 year anniversary, but we had a son instead. Our return is currently on hold, but we are hoping to be there next year, we are once again expecting so we will have to wait a bit more. I wish Couples allow kids on their resort. :)

I still remember the friendly staff, although check-in staff and concierge at the time was a bit unfriendly, but overall a great bunch of friendly people. Chris and the dive team were great. The beautiful resort. Our gorgeous room. The food at all the restaurants were top notch.

Oh that was a magical moment. We can't wait for our return which is long overdue.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with the Ocean Jr Suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Den D
Newbern, Tennessee
Reviewed March 3, 2014

First of all I want to warn you this may be a lengthy review :: I'm one of those people who goes crazy reading reviews before I go on a trip; therefore, I think it's fair to leave a thorough review.

My husband and I (we are in early 20s) traveled to CTI(our first time in Jamaica) FeB 23-28. This was our 3rd time at an all inclusive resort. Our other experiences have been in Rivera Maya Mexico. We wanted to try something different and our travel agent recommended CTI. We really enjoyed our babymoon trip here!! (I'm 10weeks pregnant with our first child!)

The only real downside about the resort is the 2 hour van ride from the airport. :( The couples lounge at airport was nice and friendly only waited there about 15 mins and given a nice cold water/red stripe. The van ride to resort was air conditioned but just rather long after traveling all day. It was neat to see the country's culture tho.

Check in at the resort was VERY QUICK ! 15 mins tops and we arrived with 3 other couples. We were brought cold cloths and drinks. Nice mon!

Our room was a superior ocean view 5104. It was on the side side of the resort. Not really a view of the ocean at all there were lots of trees/shrubs in front of the room. Really honestly book a garden view . This is my first time to say this as we ALWAYS have ocean view. I decided to just tough out the shrub/tree view and didn't miss the ocean view we usually have one bit. We will def save money on our next trips and just do garden view. The rooms are what I like to call "'minimalist". They're nice size w lots of natural light and beach themed. However if you're looking for luxury this isn't the resort for u. The bathrooms are small but we had no issues really it served its purpose. HOWEVER there is no fan for some reason? Def need to add that. Also more plug ins in the room would be nice for getting ready(iron,hair dryer,etc) had to be alternated with the lamp/clock. Our room was always cleaned and fresh towels left at least once a day if not twice. The mini bar was restocked by simply calling the number. The staff would have your drinks there in 10 mins or less! Can't comment on room service we didn't use it.

The pools are freezing. I think heating them would be nice . They are older and do show their age some but the staff works very hard to keep them clean and maintained. The beach area (I was worried) is not as small as I thought it was going to be. Plenty of room in sun or shade and never a trouble to get lounger. The most awesome thing is the float that doubles as a chair cushion. Loved that. The ocean is clean a and warm! There are plenty of watersports to get involved in just see the staff at the beach hut. We went snorkeling one day and had a great time ! The equipment is provided just sign up with staff( same day for us) ..! We didn't do the catamaran scuba aqua kyaks or any other sports bc I'm pregnant but there is plenty to do!

The food omg the food. Best we've had out of the country at an AI resort so far. Huge portion sizes quality quality quality food. You can always find something for every taste. Even the buffet is delicious! We ate verandah twice n 8 rivers once. Service is good in all resort. The food is the best part of the trip seriously! Oh and our favorite the pool grill where u can always get nachos ice cream or popcorn. That's great to have snacks available ! The food at the pool grill is super good and cooked to order. The beach party night was just charming and perfect! The buffet was HUGE and delicious as always. And even some good entertainment after ! That's really the only entertainment we participated in. We don't go on vacation at AI resorts for the entertaibment. We were in bed by 9 most nights because it's tiring being that relaxed!!

The staff is all very friendly and personable. Go to guest relations desk as soon as u can in the trip to plan activities and restaurants that require reservations . They'll take good care of you to get ya what you want!

We really have nothing negative to say about this resort. It's perfect piece of paradise ! We will most def be back to a couples resort! Jamaica is awesome the weather is just perfect and this resort is super romantic! The resort is older (we were worried) but it is so clean and has been so well preserved! It's so neat to learn about all the history! I hope you'll choose CTI! We will be back mon! No worries!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank chasg06
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have been vacationing at Couples Resorts for what seems to be half my adult life. We love it like a second home. We get the red carpet as repeaters every time we come and come again. Ever since the major renovations at Couples Tower Isle and indeed all of all the properties which seems to be ongoing, there are new attractions added. Now a first rate urban styled lounge at The Tower Isle which we got a 'peep' tour of, soon to be opened, how chic!! The rates have been increased somewhat, I observe that some have made unfavorable comment about them. I agree their rate increase is a bit dramatic - but it will NOT stop me from returning. I go for the fantastic service, the staff treat me like family. lets hope the new rate will stop those awful budget groups that are some times so unruly and indeed unsightly. The cuisine is without doubt the finest in the Caribbean, and the properties are in first class order. One morning we felt like having coffee on the picturesque balcony and ordered room service which service is relatively new, and before I put the down the phone there was a knock on the door. Now who could complain about room service being too quick? The spa is also not be missed out. Everything is great!
Never fear these properties are still the best value in the Caribbean, you simply cant go wrong. The best and most enjoyable holidays we have ever taken, laid back, gourmet food, superb and welcoming service and wonderful properties. You will soon be amongst the many that have got hooked, we are now Couples 'Junkies' for lack of a better description.!

Room Tip: all are good. The Ocean view are like a fantastic picture show with the ocean and sky constantly ch...
3 Thank charles033
Fisherville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is my first time leaving feed back! We just got back from Tower Isle and we were so impressed. In fact we were so happy with the resort that we have already started planning our next trip there later this year... The staff, Amazing... I wish people here at the customer service skills these folks have... The accomadations, Amazing.... The House Keeping Staff, Amazing... The Water Sports, Amazing... Other Activities, Amazing...(Yoga, Volleyball, The GYM), The food, Amazing... Never Waited... EVER.... and we were there during their peek...The Entertainment, Amazing.... The Alcohol, Amazing... We loved the option to sunbathe all nude.... and the option to visit the sister hotel... What can I say... Simply Amazing... Highly Recommend...

1 Thank Sherry B
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Having spent a lot of time researching ideas for our holiday we settled on Couples Tower Isle.

Everything is included in the 'All-Inclusive' even the water sports and tuition!!!!

We had a room with a garden view. The room was massive and had a walk in wardrobe perfect for storing all our stuff and suitcases. The bathroom was a fair size and plentiful for all your washroom activities!!

The bed was a (UK) super king size and very very comfortable to sleep on. We had a little balcony where we could sit comfortably.

The choice of food was astounding and we never got bored of trying new foods. The main 'buffet style' restaurant had various themed evenings and for 2 nights a week was closed to allow for dinner to be served around the pool and on the beach. I would suggest that on these evenings you get there early as tables go very quickly. On these 2 nights you will probably end up sharing your meal with other couples as tables are set up for 6 people. We didn't mind this as it meant we got to talk to other people. On normal nights, seating isn't an issue.

We managed to eat in all of the restaurants and cannot fault the food nor the service. The Thai restaurant on the far side of the complex was our favourite as it was a quiet,romantic setting away from the hustle and bustle of the main social area.

I won't dwell too much on the other two restaurants except to say that you won't be disappointed.

The drinks were out of this world. Cocktails were well mixed, spirits were all big labelled brands and measures were certainly not shy!!! The drinks service, like the Jamaican way of life, is relaxed. If you're in a rush, don't drink here!!! Just sit back, relax and enjoy being spoiled.

We enjoyed lots of water activities including boat trips and scuba training. The scuba training was brilliant and the basic training is free although there is a charge if your want to get your PADI certificate. The instructors and very friendly and helpful and treat everyone with respect.

Every member of staff we came into contact with bent over backwards to help us. They engaged in chat and helped us to learn about the culture.

Unlike other reviews in here, there was no feeling that you had to tip the staff. In fact, the hotel management are against tipping as they want it to be a truly all-inclusive environment.

We had a fantastic time and would definitively recommend it to anyone who may be a little hesitant of spending a lot of money on to kind of holiday.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Deborandum
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Just returned from 1 week at CTI and this place is absolutely wonderful. The hotel is spotless, beautiful, beach is small but so relaxing with warm Caribbean water and there are so three pools to soak in for those who prefer to be at a pool.

The resort is a 1.45 minutes from Montego Bay airport but well worth the drive. The staff, food and personal touches there we all wonderful. Many excursions, activities and water sports are included in the overall cost which is also a plus. Dunn's River Fall, catamaran Boat Cruise, snorkeling, glass bottom boat, scuba diving just to name a few.

I give this Resort a 5 for food, staff, amenities -- Excellent place to stay and enjoy peace, serenity, wonderful views of the ocean.

3 Thank likegoingsouth
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,226 reviews
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!