If you want to experience Jamaica and have privacy Couples is a nice place. All watersports are included, snorkeling, sailing, scuba diving, etc. Dunn's River is included as well. Transportation to and from the airport is included which is about a $20 savings per person.
The bellman at the hotel are awesome, especially Kurk. It is amazing how many people he remembers and he is so full of life.
The front desk associates are not very pleasant. They make you feel as if you are bothering them when you ask them a question. If you stop by you need to wait for them to finish their personal conversations before they will get to you. Now having said that, this was what probably bothered me the most the other service was fine.
Housekeeping is awesome, the rooms are clean and the beds are turned down every night. One night they even left flowers on the pillow.
Wait staff in the restaurants was very good. Martin is great!!! Eight Rivers was my favorite restaurant. The breakfast buffet was great. I wish breakfast started sooner than 7:30 since I am an early riser. Lunch was a buffet and most of the time the food was great. I just wish the fruit was offered all day. Dinner did not start until 7:30 which was late if you did not have a reservation. If you had a reservation at the restaurant you could eat at 6:15. There use to be a buffet for dinner but they stopped that, I'm not sure why. Wish they offered that. Lobster on Friday nights, very good.
The activities planned got canceled since not enough people signed up. Tie dye was fun but bring a white tee to tie dye or you will have to pay $7 for a shirt (not a bad price even if you don't bring one). The shirts came out great. I was looking forward to jewelry making and basket making but they never happened.
The entertainment was very good.
The beach was private and very relaxing. No vendors to bother you. The hotel did invite certain vendors to visit on beach party night and they were great vendors, especially the pottery vendor.
If you are going to Scuba dive, do it on the first few days. It takes 1/2 a day. You have to swim 4 laps without stopping and then if you pass you watch a video and take a test. If you pass you go to the pool for an hour to learn equipment and get comfortable with breathing underwater. Then you go for a dive. After you dive you will be asked if you want to be certified and that will take another day. The instructors have a lot of patience but that is how they make their money. If you get certified (I think about $250) you can scuba more during your visit. The dive is great and you do get to see beautiful fish and coral. You can't dive 12 hours before you fly home so take advantage early in your trip and consider getting certified because the certification is through PADI and is good where ever you go.
The spa was awesome
Overall it was a good trip and we went during a slow time so we got to meet a lot of nice guests.
It was a very pleasant vacation. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to go on a vacation not spend a lot of money and not have to worry about tipping. Couples does not encourage tipping and if you try the employees will tell you they can not accept it. However, if you have exceptional service you can insist on tipping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios