Just returned 2/29/04 from 6 days at COR. We were very pleased with everything about the resort. Our room was ocean front, clean, no insects, comfortable. The beach is fine...plenty of room, clean and water is clear and great! You should place a towel or other item on your preferred spot early, especially if you want shadier locations.
The food was very good in all the restaurants. The Le Gourmet was excellent, and the service is excellent throughout the resort. Those who complain about the service or staff at Couples O/R, simply will never be happy. The resort's biggest asset is the staff, and service from restaurant servers to watersports staff to management was excellent! Bars are well stocked, entertainment every night, some better than others, beach party and gala pool banquet with entertainment was great! Piano bar great fun after 11:00. If you're looking for all nite carousing go elsewhere. If you're looking for hip-hop/rap go elsewhere. If you can't take a 2 hour ride from the airport in an air conditioned coach with a stop for Red Stripe and jamaican jerk along the way, choose another location. If you want haphazard, occassional service and forced smiles, go elsewhere. The Jamacian's are great hosts, and are genuinely interested in working hard to insure everyone a wonderful experience. It's an attitude and a spirit, "No Problem, Mon" is truly a wonderful way to approach life...you'll get a full dose of it at COR. We won't hesitate to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios