“A heavenly week at Couples Tower Isle.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Couples Tower Isle

Couples Tower Isle
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
sueq575
“A heavenly week at Couples Tower Isle.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

If you like small, intimate all-inclusives -- Couples Tower Isle is for you. We love the private beach -- no vendors harassing you. The food is great and the seafood is fresh and wonderful. I love the smoothie and juice bar on the beach. The employees are what make this resort so fantastic. They really try hard to be friendly and seem happy to be there. The rooms are simple, but comfortable and almost all have great ocean views. The scuba staff is great and so are the watersport staff. The spa is absolutely beautiful and we recommend the couples massage. We keep returning because we love it so much!

Room Tip: Deluxe ocean view rooms are the best!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (975)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We recently spent our 20th Anniversary at CTI. After reading all the reviews, both on trip advisor and the couples message board, we did have expectations that this would be our best vacation ever but it wasn't. We have been to Mexico several times, as well as Cuba, Dominican Republic, Hawaii, etc. so have a little experience to draw from.

We found the servers in the buffet were more interested in talking amongst themselves then serving their guests. I know of a guest sitting beside us who requested tea at breakfast from 2 different servers, received the cup but never the tea. Often you waited for coffee far to long, it seemed everyone told someone else to serve you which meant no one did. Also guests in bare feet in the dining room, which for safety reasons should never be allowed.

Overall service and food was just not up to par for a five star resort.

We then moved for 5 days to Couple Negril and they met all our expectations and more.

Of course this was our impression and others will disagree and some will be shocked but we were first timers and maybe those that are repeaters and already know the staff find them a lot friendlier, we just found them so so.

Room Tip: We had a Deluxe Room, beautiful view
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you are planning a trip to Couples Tower Isle and reading all these wonderful reviews, then you need to read some of the other reviews also. We went to Tower Isle from June 20th through June 27th, based on a friend's recommendation.
When you arrive at the Jamaican airport and make it through immigration you are directed to the Couples lounge, where they have drinks and places to relax prior to your trip to Tower Isle.
Word of advice, don't drink too much as it is a 2 hour ride to Ochios Rios.
The driver will make a stop for you on your way to Couples, if you need to, but it won't be a modern rest stop, it will be some bar that you wouldn’t stop in if you had a choice. Jamaica is a poor country and the number 1 industry is Tourism. The road you travel on does not take you through the poor towns and you don't not see the shacks or the poverty. I kind of laugh when people stay this is a non tipping vacation. Once you get to the couples lounge at the airport, they have a "red Cap" or porter take your luggage to the van that will cost you a $1.00 a bag. After your long drive to the resort, the driver will be looking for a tip also.
When you arrive at Couples, they have a drink and a cold towel ready for you when you check in.
The staff will take your luggage to your room, give you a brief tour and also look for a tip. You don't have to tip, but the poor guy just carried your luggage up 2 flights of stairs.
Let me talk about Couples and the facility, we had an ocean view room, which I paid more for in the building that overlooks the pool area near the main buffet. The room was small, had a balcony,safe and refrigertor tv, not modern, but had as great view of the ocean and pool area. It was clean and the maid would turn down the bed every night and bring us fresh towels.
Anyone who tells you that you don't have to snag a chair early in the morning at the pool area, was misinformed. I don't like to sit in direct sun and I was up at 6:30 every morning reserving a chairs in the shaded area by the pool. They need to have umbrellas as there were only 8 chairs that were in the shaded area. The beach has plenty of chairs and getting up early was not required. They have another pool area with a swim up bar, but we did not sit there
The food areas are all centrally located, the main dining area is a buffet and they serve some good food. Personally, when I am on vacation, I don’t want to be eating at a buffet for dinner. They have a buffet for every meal in this restaurant near the pool. They also have a snack bar near the pool area where you can get lunch of burgers, chicken, etc. In addition, they have an ice cream machine and nachos and popcorn available.
Two of the dining restaurants you need to make reservations, one of the 2 require casual clothes, men need to wear pants and woman need to wear a dress. All of the other restaurants are resort casual.
I have to laugh again, when reviewers talk about this place has the best food. I hate to disagree, the Veranda restaurant is a waiter restaurant that does not require reservation, but the service was so slow, it took us 2 hours to get our entire meal.
The eight mile restaurant requires casual clothes and the food was ok, nothing really special.
I am not 25 years old and have eaten at better restaurants. The Bayside restaurant was my favorite, it is located on piers right in the ocean and the Asian food was very good. All of the restaurants serve drinks with your meal as it is included.
The bars are very good and they will mix any drink you want. The pool guy and girl walk around the pool area and will get your drink for you. You can start drinking at 10AM and keep going until they close. I put on 8 pounds while I was at Couples. Those mixed drinks are heavy with calories, but so good.
There is entertainment every night in the piano lounge and in the main buffet area.
Two of the nights we were there, they had a buffet at the beach with native entertainment and one night they had it on the main lawn. The problem I had with those nights were you were encoraged to eat at the outside buffett unless you made a reservation at the 2 restaurants which require it.
I should also mention there are some free excursions, glass bottom boat, Dunn's River falls, catamaran cruise and in addition, some paying excursions. If you like water sports, they have snorkeling, scuba, sailing, kayaking and you can let it all hang out at the natural beach on the island away from the main facility.
Finally, I had a nice time at Couples, the staff is very friendly and very accomodating, but I like to try new places, so I will not be a returning guest.

Room Tip: get an ocean room, it is worth the price
3 Thank MDMANBaltimore
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I travelled to Tower Isle with my boyfriend in mid-June, and overall we had a good time. It's great to be able to eat and drink whenever you like, and the food was pretty good (I'm vegetarian and they catered for me well). It's pretty hard to get drunk even whilst drinking all day, as the bar cocktails are mostly ice--I'd go for a few 'zombies' and order bottled spirits for the room if your tolerance is high! We were offered weed almost as soon as we got to our room which was nice, though we didn't purchase any.

The setting is lovely and it's nice to have the island to look at even if you don't travel over to it. From all the reviews here I was expecting it to be a bit shabbier than it was; there's a general mustiness but you expect that from the humidity, and our rooms were always cleaned discreetly and well. We didn't encounter anything that was broken or needed fixing.

One thing that struck me is that everyone on tripadvisor seemed to rave about how friendly the staff were. Don't get me wrong, some of the staff were very friendly and seemed genuinely happy to help, but an almost equal number of staff seemed disingenuous and a bit 'fake'. I'd rather not be asked where I'm from or how I'm doing unless you genuinely want to know, it makes me feel awkward (this may well be a Brit v Yank difference, I know our customer service is a bit less full-on). This probably wouldn't have been an issue if I hadn't read so many reviews praising the staff.

Spring, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We got married here back in 2001 and sill would go back to do it again. Old world feel with all the amenities. Great service. Wonderful employees. Easy wedding preparations. Great tours. Love that it is couples only. We love kids, but sometimes you want to get away. Loved the hot tubs tucked away, and the aviary and all the lush foliage. Highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: Close to the beach.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank canyonsmom
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was not what I expected. The resort's in need of a makeover. Corners are crusty, bathroom is moldy and although it's clean, it looks old and gross. The pool is deceptive in the professional photographs, it's small and gets crowded. No umbrellas to protect guests from the sun (why not? such an easy fix). Food is -- meh. Average at best. But then it's all inclusive so I should've known. The smoothie bar was definitely the best feature, freshest food (although usually just one person working it, he was definitely overworked -- although really friendly). Reminded me of a huge cruise ship on land. Staff was friendly all-around. I'll return to Jamaica, but not through this resort.

3 Thank Keren B
Couplesops, Manager at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for your review of Couples Tower Isle. We regret that your expectations were not met. There are four pools available for all our valued guests however the Swim up Pool is the favorite which becomes busy at times. We appreciate your comments regarding the Veggie Bar staff and service.

All of your comments are taken constructively and we will address the concerns raised. We hope you will return to a Couples Resort in the near future.
Waxahachie, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

As CTI "virgins" we didn't know exactly what to expect... We couldn't have been more pleased! In a word, CTI = service! Phenomenal staff, always with a genuine smile, a "no problem mon", and prompt follow through.

Our garden view room, we believe, was the hidden gem of the property - while no ocean view, instead we were treated to a great south view of the grounds and spa.

The food - great options every meal at The Patio, good traditional fare at 8 Rivers, and an amazing asian experience at Bayside.

We will be back to CTI - absolutely NO doubt!

• Stayed June 2013
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,182 reviews
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Don Pablo Collection

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!