If you are thinking about Tower Isle for an expansive beach don't go. If you are thinking about going for marble laden rooms with the most modern amenities don't go. If you are thinking about an huge sized resort you'll be heading to the wrong place.
Tower Isle is a quaint resort. The fact that the rooms are somewhat plain and if not dated adds to it's charm. The view from our balcony was to die for. The common areas had such a neat decor. It almost had a South Beach retro style to it. It had such homey feel.
From the moment you arrived at Tower Isle you were welcomed by an amazing staff that catered to your every wish. It was the people that made Tower Isle most special. It doesn't end there however. The Food....OMG! It was off the charts. My wife and I have been very fortunate in our lives to visit many places throughout the Caribbean. Sandals, Beaches, Rius, Iberostars, Secrets, Now resorts, Valentines. They were all beautiful and had so much to offer but I can't say we felt as relaxed and catered to as Tower Isle. We can also say that the food was great at all these places but fell short to the standards of Tower Isle. The food was simply awesome.
The reason we chose Tower Isle is because we were celebrating our 30th anniversary and we thought it would be nice to go back to where we Honeymooned 30 years prior (hence the dated part- it's an old Hotel). Much had changed since then but so much was the same. Our week started out on the bad side in terms of weather. It was cloudy, windy and rainy our 1st 2 days and the 3rd day was kind of transitional. I understand that at this time of year that it was very uncommon so we just had a little bad luck. Our last 3 days were gorgeous however. You couldn't blame Couples for the weather. They did everything to make your stay wonderful.
With the weather, most of the water activities were cancelled. I did get 2 days of diving in the last few days which made me quite happy. The dive crew were great btw. They like every other person there were just always happy. I wanted what ever they were taking as long as it was legal.
The bottom line is this....If you want to get away somewhere romantic with your spouse you will not be disappointed. The location is beautiful, the people are wonderful, the service is great and the food is always 4 star. The drinks were not 1/2 bad either!
It's an easy decision! Go and enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios