We stayed here between Feb 28- Mar 07.
Our room: was ok nothing special We had a ocean-view room, Bed is more comfortable than other resorts. The staff are really friendly.
The food was terrific. Eight Rivers and Bayside are a must.
If you like to drink and you are on the beach it takes forever to get drinks. The bars don't open until after 10:00 a.m during the day there are only two bars available.
Resort Activities never start on time or not at all. A few times we would ask about it and they would start it an hour later than stated.
We did two excursions that we paid for off the resort were wonderful. Dolphin Cove, We had someone to take us up to the mountains and through fern gully. The to the pottery shop.
The excursions that are included were ok but nothing great!
Shopping you are forced into the jewellery store because I did research where I wanted to shop while we were there and the Delsol store was top 1 on my list. Plus I told the bus driver this and he still forced us to the jewellery store. By the time we got out of the jewellery store with haggling over price. We went to del sol and came back the bus was gone.
Stuff is cheaper at the Resort or Taj-mahal than at Rainbow market. (RIP OFF).
Dunns River excursion: We had 3 bus loads from our resort the other buses had to stop for water shoes. Everyone on our bus had water shoes. We had to wait at least half hour for the two busses before we could enter. Then when we got in we got asked to purchase water shoes again. What a waste of time.
Can't tell you anything about the glass bottom boat or the catamaran as weather didn't co-operate.
We tried to get our bar stocked in our room. booze was not a problem mix was we asked several times.
Room Service: Food was delicious... but sometimes you would be missing stuff you ordered or silverware such as spoon for your coffee or your yogurt.
Entertainment: Not what I expected...... I have seen better entertainment at other resorts.
Overall our experience has soured us on Jamaica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios