We went to CTI 2/2/13 - 2/7/13, the weather was beautiful, although sometimes a bit windy. It was our 30 year anniversary so we did a vow renewal on the beach. That went very well, it was a lovely ceremony, beautiful scenery, right on the beach, where everyone there was witness.
If you are going to CTI for a relaxing, lounge by the pool, or on the beach atmosphere, then this is definitely the place for you! Bear in mind, that by 2pm or so, you lose alot of sun around the beach or swim up bar, due to the way the hotel is situated, it starts to throw shadows over the pools and beach area fairly early. Get your beach towels and items out there on a beach or pool lounge early, or you won't get one. They do have night time activities, but the piano bar with the piano player and sing along doesn't start until 10:30pm, Most activities (parties) that involve music or dancing, don't begin until 10:30 pm, so, if you are tired of lounging, you may be a tad bored from afternoon to evening. They have activities that involve leaving the resort, such as Dunn's river falls (doesn't cost anything, other then tipping your guides) or a catamaran cruise, but make your reservations for the cruise and for the restaurants on site that require reservations, as soon after you arrive as possible, or you won't get to go.
The rooms were decent, definitely need some serious updating, but since we didn't spend alot of time in the room, that wasn't a big deal. We had an oceanfront room on the 3rd floor of building 3, and the view from the balcony was spectacular! The hairdryer in the room only blew out cold air, so that was a bummer. Couldn't connect to wifi in the room without leaning over the balcony, so most of your internet time will be at the pool.
We had the private dinner on the beach, the food was wonderful! We never did eat at the restaurants that required reservations, but the Grill and the Patio dining area (buffet) were wonderful.
They had a superbowl party on the rooftop patio, the food was great for that as well.
The staff were all very nice, and accommodating.
I had my hair and makeup for the ceremony done at the spa, which was nice, but might've gone better if I had taken a picture to show them how I wanted my hair done, rather then trying to explain it verbally. We also had a couples massage, which was very nice.
To sum it up: Beautiful scenery, good food, small beach area, not enough lounge chairs, so-so room decor, lack of entertainment, piano bar lounge smelled moldy, pleasant staff, wonderful ceremony, and some periods of boredom for us.
I am glad we went, but in comparison to trips we have taken in the past to Cancun and Maya Riviera, we preferred the Mexico trips, they were also all inclusive resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios