First, the hotel as ever was beautiful. However, The beach has been destroyed by Hurricane Sandy, I feel that they should let you know and ask if you would like to be moved to a different resort. The beach was already small, which we like, however, with it being swept away so much, it is a great deal smaller!! If you are looking out over the water, all of the lounge chairs have been shoved over into the right side of the beach so you are much closer to other couples than in previous years, even with the low census. Also, if you are situated to far left, keep your "stuff" up on a table as it will be swept away by the ocean.
This time around, there were NO water sports due to the wind. One of the locals said that since the hurricane, and the way that the ocean currents have been around this area of the island, it has been this way for months. Red flag every day. So it was sit on the beach or by the pool and that was it. I also enjoy going into the ocean here, but due to the high winds and the tide, only lasted 10 minutes in the water due to feeling like I was fighting the currents! People who enjoy the Island (Nudie Island) also did not have the opportunity to go.
The beach buffett was also cramped as you had to keep everyone smushed together on the right side, which made it unenjoyable to sit there and watch the show... which was held on the very tiny patio next to the stairs.
Catamaran cruise was cancelled most days.
The bon fire was cancelled.
The DJ at the bayside was cancelled.
And honestly, the shows at the main stage were exactly as they were last year... the same show. So for people like us who LOVE this place, after a day of doing nothing, we would start to watch a show, realize that it was the same and leave.
Please don't get me wrong, We LOVE this resort!!! Thats why we go every year! However, this year due to the Hurricane, it really didn't do it for us.
It is nice to sit around the water and the pool, however, going out on the Hobi Cats is fun and so is the Catamaran Cruise.
I went to the spa two times.
The first time was wonderful!! Regular massage.
Second time I got the "bamboo" massage, not so great.... I still have bruises on my body!! Most unenjoyable... but the lady kind of made me feel bad and said that she really wasn't applying a lot of pressure... so i endured to be polite.
Food as usual was also wonderful.
Staff, fantastic!! The staff really kept us sane while there was nothing to do... especially the bartenders! Thanks guys!!
Not sure I will be back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios