Look, there are a ton of positive reviews on this resort so maybe I am off base. I have been to numerous AI resorts in Mexico (Secerts/Dreams/Excellence), Four Seasons, St Regis, etc... and I will not be returning to Couples Tower Isle.
First off, the staff is extremely nice and friendly. No complaints here.
Room (Ocean Front Jr Suite) - Dated at best. Feels like a late 80s remodel. Bed wasn't comfortable, room not exceptional clean
Food - The resort tries to make the restaurants overly fancy, but the food doesn't measure up. I understand this place is AI and not going to be 5 star food for the price I am paying, but in comparison to other resorts I have visited at a better price point, the food doesn't measure up. Breakfast is so-so, Lunch is glorified buffet, and dinner is average. The resort does reservations for the "nice" restaurants which limits your available options..... I found this annoying as I could only eat at the nice place once in my 4 night stay.....
Resort - Activities are aplenty. You will not be bored if that's your bag. If your looking for something a bit more relaxing, I don't recommend.
Bottom Line - Travel and Leisure and Trip Advisor rate this place very high. I didn;t see it, think I severely overpaid, and will NOT return nor do I recommend to anyone. There are many better places to spend your hard earned money....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios