Being veterans of Couples, having stayed at the Sans Souci property three times, we tried Tower Isle and found it to be close but not as wonderful as Sans Souci. There are hallmarks of the Couples chain which are evident here such as a wonderful, friendly staff, great dining options and nice facilities...So if Sans Souci is a 10, Tower Isle would rate an 8.
The problems (and again, these are small by comparison to other chaims we have stayed in) are a tiny beach located so close to the hotel that you loose the sun hours earlier than necessary; evening entertainment is held in a really poor venue--the corner of the buffet dining room (more like a dining hall) where it is hot, dark and vast--not great for providing an intimate performance. The staff is good but not great. Buffet dining seems like a mess hall rather than at a restaurant--partly because of the layout.
The rooms have been refurbished although the east wing does not have a full length mirror (in fact, the only room mirror was in the bathroom).
The rooms contain a stocked minbar with alcohol of your choice all included. The oceanview rooms had a fantastic view and lovely terrace. The manager, Mr. Henry is wonderful, full of energy and more than willing to problem solve (he got us our mirror during the stay!).
We actually took advantage of the free shuttle to Sans Souci just to compare and our initial feelings were borne out again.
You can certainly have a fabulous vacation at Tower Isle...but if you can, try Sans Souci--more intimate, smaller number of guests, much larger grounds (including a lake, free bikes, and wildlife).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios