“Amazing place for a honeymoon! Want to go back for a future anniversary...”
Review of Couples Tower Isle

Couples Tower Isle
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Amazing place for a honeymoon! Want to go back for a future anniversary...”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

From the moment you arrive at the airport (free Couples bar!), to the moment we left (after an unfortunate delay in our flight meant we had to stay and enjoy the all-inclusiveness of the hotel for an extra few hours) Couples Tower Isle gave both me and my wife everything we could have wanted from our honeymoon.
The all-inclusive activities they provide such as Dunns River Falls which is a short trip from the hotel, to all the water activities, gym, games room in the hotel there is more than enough to keep you entertained if lying on the beach drinking lovely cocktails all day isn't your cup of tea.
The drinks and food included is AMAZING. We went back to the fancy "5* fine-dining" restaurant, as one of the staff called it, about 6 times. Visiting there on lobster night really makes you feel like royalty (one man even asked for another lobster as it was that good and was brought it within minutes..!) The other restaurants including the standard buffet give you everything you'd want at a high standard. The drinks menu is extensive; highlights have to be the 'Jamaican Smile' and a concoction we made up whilst there which proved popular by the end of our trip, the 'Bolt'.

Perhaps the best thing about this hotel though is just how relaxed it is, and how welcoming all the staff are. - We loved the fact that you could order breakfast in bed as late as midnight and still get it 8am the next morning (with special order requests).

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ally_UK2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (993)
Kingston, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My husband and I had never been to Jamaica. It is such a laid back country that you can't help but feel relaxed. If you are looking for a place that will rush around and kiss your a$$, then stay away from Jamaica! The staff at Couples got to know you personally, what you liked/disliked, where you hung out, etc., but they work on Island Time. Their laid back approach means you can't help yourself but to relax.

I would highly recommend Couples Tower Isle for any vacation, including a honeymoon.

ROOMS- If you can afford it, I would definately spring for some kind of ocean view room. Our first room was a Deluxe Ocean View and we thought the view was amazing. Our room was near the swim up bar pool. The second night of our trip, I discovered a leak in the bathroom ceiling and we were promptly moved and upgraded to a Premiere Ocean View Room and that view was beyond amazing!!!! The rooms were comfortable and housekeeping services come to your room 2-3 times a day.

FOOD- We LOVED the Patio Restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The service was great and the food wonderful. Bayside Restaurant was good. It was my least favorite. The food was decent, but it was the only time I felt rushed in Jamaica. The restaurant sits out into the ocean (open air with waves crashing up against it), and my husband and I wanted to relax and enjoy. We did this our second night there and I was kind of glad we did not save it for the end. I would certainly recommend being there on a Monday to enjoy the beach BBQ! Eight Rivers was FANTASTIC. I would dine there twice if you could. The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. A 5 star atmoshphere! The Veranda Restaurant was very nice. While no reservations are required, there is usually a wait time and since we loved the Patio Restaurant so much we only ate at the Veranda one time. The food was very good.

ACTIVITIES- CTI offeres an array of activities so that you can constantly keep busy or you can enjoy the company of the one you are with. My husband got to know Brenton (the activities co-coord) and he loved to play beach volleyball (1-2 times a day). We did not hang out at the piano bar, but it sounded fun!!! Each night the resort band plays at the Patio Restaurant during dinner and they are wonderful. The included watersports are amazing. We snorkeled and took out a kayak. We also would highly recommend the Catamaran cruise. Bring goggles if you have them because they drop you off in a bay for 1/2 hour of swimming. Make sure you bring cash for tipping as this is not a resort trip. We also did Dunn's River Falls. It is a beautiful trip- a must do at least one time if you are in Jamaica. Again, this is not a resort trip so bring cash with you for tipping the tour guides. We also paid to go to Dolphin Cove. My husband surprised me with a swim with the dolphins. It is expensive, but totally worth it if it is something you have always wanted to do. We did not go to the Naked Island. If you are on your honeymoon, I don't think there is any reason to go over there. There is plenty of room on the beach and near the pools on the resort.

Overall, we had the best vacation of our lives. We spent a week doing everything and nothing at all.

3 Thank muc96
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My new husband and I spent our honeymoon here from July 11-July 18. It was the absolutely perfect way to relax and unwind after a year of wedding planning. We got to the airport around 2:30, got our luggage, went through customs and got to the couples lounge around 3:00, got our red stripes and waited for our bus to leave, it left about 20 minutes after we got there. The bus ride was kinda scary only because they drive on the opposite side of the road and they drive kinda wild, but just enjoy the scenery and relax and know you'll be home soon. It took about two hours to get to the resort, we arrived to cool towels and rum punch, check in was kinda crazy, but that is no fault of the resort it was only because two full buses arrived at the exact same time. It went really quickly though we went up to our room, #4510 by the way, and our luggage arrived about 10 minutes later. We got ready and went down to the beach party, SO MUCH FUN!! Great buffet, steel drum band, it was amazing! We went back up to the room at about 8:00, and about 15 minutes later there was a knock on the door, and when we opened it, there was one of the staff with a bucket of champagne and a platter of fruit and cookies! So romantic! Tuesday we just relaxed, ate breakfast, layed on the beach, went swimming in the beautiful sea, then ate lunch, back to the beach and the sea, and then had an amazing dinner at 8 Rivers, definitely make your reservations for that as soon as you arrive!! Wednesday we went to Dunns River Falls, which was fun, not as scary as its made out to be, but fun, super touristy, but I expected that, the guides are great, they stop along the way and take all the couples pictures. The only thing I didnt like was the shopping you walk through at the end, they are very pushy and guilt trip you if you dont buy anything. Later that afternoon after lunch and lounging on the beach we went on the catamaran cruise, which was so fun! They serve rum punch and play reggae music and tell you about the area. They also stop and let everyone jump off and go for a swim. The water is so crystal clear you can see the sand 15 feet below you! Its incredible! Wednesday night we had dinner at the Verandah, they dont require reservations, but have equally amazing food choices! Thursday we went horseback riding in the morning which was so much fun, its not on the beach, but up through the plantation (Prospect Plantation) and there is two spots where they stop and take pictures of the couples on the horses overlooking the ocean. And also a spot where a man climbs a palm tree and gets down a fresh coconut and then shucks it and cuts it up for everyone to try. Super fun! We relaxed that afternoon, had some amazing mixed drinks and sweet potato chips from the veggie bar (amazing, must try them!) and then had dinner at Bayside that night, they had asian cuisine and it sits right over the water, great food and incredibly romantic, just make sure to make reservations when you arrive. Friday and Saturday morning we went snorkeling, they took us to a spot to the right of the resort, where the water was almost 20 feet deep at spots in the reef and 50 feet deep with a sunken ship, if you go and they ask what side you want to go to say the right or the side with the ship. We spent friday and saturday afternoon relaxing on the beach and playing in the sea, and then went to dinner at the Patio, friday night it was semi buffet, basically you ordered your entree and got your soup salad and dessert from the buffet, saturday night was full buffet with a wide selection of international options! Sunday morning we woke up, and had room service deliver breakfast for us, we got danished, crossaints, fresh fruit, fruit juice and coffee, and ate on our balcony before we went and got massages, which were complementary due to us being honeymooners. I had never had a massage before so I didnt know what to expect, they were incredible, I'm not sure I'd ever been so relaxed in my life. We just relaxed the whole rest of the day knowing that we had to go home the following day =( I never wanted to leave. They made our honeymoon absolutely perfect. I could have stayed there forever! I truly couldnt have imagined a better resort to spend our first week as husband and wife at! All of the staff is so nice, every single person you pass, from the housekeeping to the maitenance crew to the front desk, asks you how your day is going, what you have planned, they are incredible, they truly need to teach classes in the US about customer service!

Room Tip: Definitely splurge for an ocean front room!
5 Thank mobridetobe
Georgetown, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2011

What a beautiful Resort! The staff is incredibly friendly and hospitable (thank you Kadine!) just enough people but not too many, we met an Awesome couple and many others! Food is AWESOME!! You can socialize or be alone with your spouse, lots to do! We had an amazing time and can't wait to go back!! We didn't get to the nudist Island though, maybe next time?! And don't miss the piano bar at 10:30pm!!

3 Thank jill_malinosky
North Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 14, 2011

it was our first time to this resort and it exceeded our expectations.

STAFF: very friendly and always smiling. wouldn't even let me tip the housekeeping who returned my iPhone (whoever you are-thank you)

RESTAURANTS: food was excellent. we always ate at PATIO for lunch. loved the grilled snapper. POOL GRILL was ok. we enjoyed the tower isle burger. stay away from the jerk chicken though. VEGGIE BAR was good too. always had the chips with dips twice a day with fruit smoothie. ate at VERANDAH for lobster night (Friday) we arrived that day and this one didn't need reservations. saturday dinner was at EIGHT RIVERS. food was amazing. a little disappointed that they didn't serve the smoked marlin ceviche that night. clam cakes were good though. sunday dinner was at BAYSIDE. the chef went around and introduced herself and made some recommendations. we loved everything!
monday was BEACH BUFFET. the jerk chicken/pork was great.

POOL/BEACH always clean. went to the private island twice. was a little apprehensive at first as it was our first time to sunbathe au naturel. we felt like adam and eve LOL. they have a swim up bar and also serve some apps.

ACTIVITIES went to the dunns river falls tour. it was amazing but it's something we wouldn't do again. the guide was very energetic. i've never heard "yea mon" so many times in my life haha. also went for the catamaran cruise. it was cloudy that day so we didn't get to enjoy the sunset. it was a lot of fun though. went kayaking and sailing and enjoyed every minute of it.

BARS loved the piano bar with framed pics of old Hollywood stars from the 50's who have been in the resort. we did the sing along on monday night and sang our hearts out.

we will def go back to this place! already looking forward to be invited for the Repeat Guest dinner.

4 Thank pongkie
Antioch, Tennessee
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I enjoyed our stay with this resort. The staff is amazing and the experience was even better. The best part of the trip was being relaxed, having fun activities, awesome food options, and being well taken care of. I've already looked at my calendar to see when I can go back with by husband.

Room Tip: I would recommend the garden suite was spacious and has both shower and jet tub option...if your mor...
3 Thank aperry01
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We were surprised that most rooms lacked bathtubs. While many of the staff were top notch great some had unsmiling faces or condecending attitudes. It is unfortunate that some staff can wash out the great efforts of other hardworking staff. The ocean view is beautiful. The island should be clothing after 5PM so as to not discriminate against our use of that real estate. I was disappointed the ski boat had a tow rope that was too short having been obviously cut by the propeller through careless boating. It should have been replaced rather than degrade the skiing for a $30 piece of equipment. There was only one hammock in the whole place, except for the other on the nudie island. There should be many more, even on the balconies. And amazingly, there were no mini-bars in the rooms. Our AC worked poorly so we just barely survived with a high speed ceiling fan. The food was good and healthily. Diving just Ok, not really well run. Pools good. Exercise room nice. Evening entertainment was fun. Avoid Spirit Air if you can for travel-too many baggage fees and pre-boarding search. I would be a regular visitor here if there were not s many little problems which should not be.

• Stayed July 2011
Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
Moon Palace Jamaica
Moon Palace Jamaica
#7 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!