I'm a Jamaican, and I'm completely embarrassed that this place offers accommodation to the public. First....one is greeted by a parking lot that has an old parked car with tyres flat, parked for God knows how long...not a good look...
Room (Unit D2) was dirty when we checked in. Apart from that the bathroom was in an awful state, with cracked tiles and a rotting counter-top. Bed lumpy. Furnishings cheap and tacky. Fridge and stove rusty, and the stove would not even boil water after 20 minutes...go figure. The walkway to the apartment was unlit and dark and unsafe. Complaints to management yielded only the response that they were full. Late in the evening, we discovered there was no iron, and there was only one wash rag for two people, so nothing could be done, because the front office was closed. After the first night, we checked out and management yelled at us that they were still going to charge both nights on my card, because while the room needed some work, the appliances worked and and the bathroom sink was usable. I didn't care. I could not and would not stay there another night! We left and went to Sea Palms where we got a much better room on the beach for J$9,000 instead of the J$8,000 being charged by SkyCastles for that dump of a room! Because the units are individually owned, there is no uniformity and they don't seem to insist that owners maintain the apartments to a prescribed standard. It's pretty much hit or miss. I would never ever return to Skycastles, and I would recommend that you avoid it unless you are into gambling...because it is a gamble what experience you will get. However, what is certain is that the management has no business being in the hotel business, as their attitude is downright rude and confrontational.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury penthouse features spectacular panoramic view of the harbor and town of Ocho Rios. Sip on a cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee while watching the cruise ships roll into the Ocho Rios port from your own private gazebo. All the rooms have its own private gazebo with an unobstructed view of the Caribbean ocean and the town of Ocho Rios. At Sky Castle, you have the best of both worlds, high security with intimate privacy and yet a short walk to the center of all the shopping, major attractions and nightlife. The property is less than a ten minute drive to Dunn's River Falls, Fern Gully, Shaw Park Gardens, Dolphin Cove, Mystic Mountain and several other major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sky Castles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sky Castles Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sky Castles Jamaica/Ocho Rios