“Outstanding day enjoyed by all”

Courtney Taylor Tours Jamaica
More attraction details
Owner description: At Courtney Taylor Tours we provide tours to some of the most beautiful and fun filled parts of Jamaica. Enjoy crystal blue waters, adventure, history, music, lavish greenery and fantastic duty free shopping, the best of Jamaica that many visitor miss. Going on a vacation with the family or on a great vacation with good friends and looking for a personalized tour with great memories?Let Courtney Taylor Personal Service be your First choice to this enchanting tropical paradise. Relax as one of our tour guides shares his vast knowledge of directing tours in with you!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Laguna Niguel, CA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Outstanding day enjoyed by all”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

It is hard to plan a day that makes SEVEN people happy.....but I did it with the help of Courtney Taylor! I emailed a few months before our cruise arrived in Jamaica and asked lots and lots of questions to try and plan our day. SAMANTHA was responsive, friendly, and super helpful. Because some in our group had mobility issues and/or had previously visited Jamaica, we ruled out Dunns River and the Blue Hole. For our easy going tour, we chose tubing on the White River, a little shopping, a great lunch, and a beach stop.

Arriving at port was simple. We followed directions given and were quickly in a bus and on our way. VERY congested at port, so I was very thankful I had a plan and could just get started on it. Our guide for the day, DEAN, was very friendly and did a perfect job the entire day. Everyone loved him. His van was a tad old but that adds to the adventure.

Tubing was easy and fun. The people taking the money weren't friendly so it was great to have Dean with us. Tubing lasted maybe 45 minutes and was easy and great for all ages. Wished it lasted longer. Dean took us on a short drive up in the hills so we could have a great view and told us about Jamaica long the way. After that, he took us to a shop that he is familiar with and we spent half an hour buying a few things at a good price (including coffee!). Headed to lunch at SCOTCHIES and everyone loved the food. Better than I expected and very reasonable for the portion size. Next stop was Bamboo Blu Beach which is in front of a hotel and appeared that you have to pay to enter. We didn't -- we were with Dean. Very very nice sandy white beach and we spent at least 90 minutes there. We never felt pressured, rushed, or stressed.

We would HIGHLY recommend a private tour with Courtney Taylor Tours. We were able to negotiate a great price for our group of 7. Far better than what I was quoted by Liberty Tours. We went with a base rate per person that just included transportation. Any food or activities we chose were an additional expense (ie tubing and Scotchies). Dean was GREAT and we gave him a really nice tip at the end of the day.

Visited April 2014

IL
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great setup, communication, and tour!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Maxi was our guide - he was great. Very informative if not happy with the government but I understand. Very nice and accomodating for our day trip. Highly recommend.

Visited June 2014
Trinity
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great tour of Blue Hole in Jamaica”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We loved our time with Courtney Taylor in Jamaica, excellent tour guide service. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“There's Jamaica & Then There is "JAMAICA"”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Great Day! Couldn't be happier -- great communication with Ms. Samantha set up a truly unique day trip for us. We went to "JAMAICA"... d tru jamaica mon mosdef, we a-go a-door all de island all d day we be iree mon iree, me teeth be skinned day to d dark, a-true a-true... Seriously, we went up to St. Anne 9-mile and after that we never saw another tourist or main road or much of a secondary road, but we did see a lot of roads though. We'd asked to see Bob Marley's home and then to see Jamaica - the true Jamaica... Doing that made all the difference - we spent the bulk of our day on the backroads of the backroads... Trust us Jamaica is not a small place as islands go -- we covered some territory. And having Dean as our driver was most excellent - there is no substitute for local knowledge... Thanks to all at Courtney Taylor Tours -- Mos def be seeing you next time we're on the island.

Visited May 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“An awesome day with Courtney and Samantha & Guest”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I can truly say this was the highlight excursion of my cruise. We visited Falmouth on 5/4/14 (Allure of the Seas). Courtney is friendly, outgoing, funny and knowledgeable. His assistant/employee Samantha was truly awesome. My husband and I booked this excursion and said we would be happy to share a van with other cruisers. Samantha found us a wonderful group of 4 who welcome us. We paid $35pp for transportation. Our original plan was to go the blue hole $15, river tubing $25, lunch ($10) and shopping; however things changed. We went to the blue hole and it was beautiful . The group we was with had a blast, they had so much fun that they disappeared for a very long time and forgot about me and hubby. Thier disappearance caused our original plans to change and I was a little upset at first but soon got over it by talking and laughing with hubby and Courtney. Next we went river tubing (OMG) such fun. I was a little afraid of the river tubing, so Samantha went with our group down the river in a tube and kept an eye on me the whole time. After river tubing it was too late to go to lunch and shopping, so we headed back to the ship and that is when the fun really began. We were all like family in the car, talking, laughing and having a very good time. It was the happy van. When we arrived back at the ship, we were sad to leave Samantha and Courtney.

Another family of 4 (Dan) booked this excursion with Courtney and he assumed from my statement on the cruise critic board that Samantha was going to add me and my husband to his tour. However that was not the case. He was very rude and disrespectful to Samantha yelling at her and using foul language. He was rude on the cruise critic board, which we later found out it caused other cruisers not to book this excursion. One of the couples said they would like to go if they could be with me and hubby. I told them let just go see Courtney when we get to Falmouth and see if he could make it happen. He could not make it happen because the van that I was in was full. He managed to put them with another wonderful group after about a 5 minute wait and they had a blast. During their 5 minute wait, they told us they saw and heard Dan from cruise critic who was being rude and disrespectful at the pier letting his driver know that his tour is private and not to put anyone else in their van. This kind of behavior is not common among cruises and thank goodness his behavior did not deter this couple from getting into the van with another group.

I highly recommend Courtney Taylor Tours. He was prompt in picking us up. The cost was very reasonable. Courtney made the statement to our group, "I now work for you" and that made us feel like VIPS. He took care of us and made sure we had a good time.

When we go back to Falmouth we will definitely use Courtney Taylor Tours again; however next time I will make sure that whatever group I am with, that we are all on one accord! Blue hole, river tubing, lunch and shopping and off course I will request Courtney and Samantha!

Visited May 2014