I recently returned from a vacation to Couples Sans Souci (CSS). The resort is amazing.
We love the Couples properties and have been to Couples Swept Away several times before. We were very excited to try CSS.
Rooms: We booked a One Bedroom Beachfront Jacuzzi Suite. We were originally located in the A block. The mail pool is in front of the A block and we did not like listening to pool volleyball when we were trying to relax (pool volleyball is from 3-5). We moved to the B block which has the lawn in front of it and the ocean beyond it. The rooms in the A block seemed a bit newer. The rooms were clean and spacious. Balcony had a table and two chairs. If we go again we’ll book the One Bedroom Verandah Suite. The rooms do not have a Jacuzzi or a separate sitting area but the balcony is huge. They have a couch, a lounger, and a coffee table and dinner table for two. They are far away from the main pool and you’ll have to climb a lot of stairs but I think they are worth it. They are at a higher elevation and offer amazing views. Oh, mini-bar. Included soda, water, beer, wine (white and red, I liked the wine too), and alcohol (vodka, rum, scotch, and gin).
Food: The food is excellent. The Italian restaurant is formal; the food is wonderful and typical of what you would expect at a high end Italian restaurant in the states. The French restaurant requires dinner reservations but it is not formal. The food there is wonderful too. The coconut calamari appetizer is fabulous. We never ate at Bella Vista for dinner so I cannot comment. Bella Vista does not require reservation. I LOVED room service. It was so nice to order a bottle of wine and a wonderful meal and sit on the patio and enjoy it. We also had a private dinner for two on the wedding gazebo during sunset one evening. Amazing. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and offered everything. Lunch options included the buffet, the beach grill, and room service. When we were at Couples Swept Away we always ate lunch at the beach grill but at Sans Souci we liked the buffet more. The beach grill is good but they do not have any fish on the menu.
Pools: We spent most of our time at the mineral pool. The mineral pool was very relaxing. There is a bar right next to it and the girl who works there during they day is so sweet. Great bloody marys. The main pool has a swim up bar and it attracted a louder crowd so we spent very little time there. There is also a pool near the lobby. We used it a few times and never shared it with anyone. It was so nice.
A/N section: The a/n section is a/n before 5:00. After 5:00 it’s open to everyone. I only went after 5:00 so I cannot comment too much. The beach there is beautiful for sunset. There are hermit crabs EVERYWHERE, it was amazing. That section has a pool, a grill, and a bar.
Beaches: The beaches in Ochi are not as nice as Negril. BUT the beach was beautiful and most importantly, private. In Negril, you are constantly hounded by vendors. At Sans Souci, I never saw one. It was wonderful. We took floaties out in the water and enjoyed relaxing.
Scuba and water sports: Scuba diving is included. One morning deep dive (to 85 feet) and one afternoon shallow (to 55 feet) dive for certified divers. The dive guys are great. The dive sites are pretty good. If you’re not certified you can take the resort certification and go on a shallow dive at 11:30. Other included water sports are water skiing, glass bottomed boat, snorkeling, hobie cats, water bike, kayak, and I am sure I am missing a few others.
Beach party and gala night: They have two special nights, the Beach Party and the Starlight Gala night. We were not into them. We really like going to the restaurants for a romantic dinner for two and on those nights you sit with two other couples. It’s nice to meet others but it’s not as intimate as the other nights. We watched the Gala night from our room and enjoyed eating on our balcony. We went to the beach party. The food is pretty good, but it’s all served buffet style. The grounds during the starlight gala looked AMAZING.
Excursions: We went on the Dunns River Falls tour. Everyone will tell you to go on a Sunday (no cruise ships) and they are right. We did not listen and we went to Dunn’s River the same day that a huge Carnival Fun Ship docked. There were way too many people there and it felt way too touristy. The falls are beautiful though.
Nightlife: We hung out at the beach bar and the balloon bar a few times. The bartenders were wonderful. They made wonderful drinks and they were great to talk to. People do not stay out very late but you can find something to do if you want to.
Repeaters dinner: Repeat guests are invited to a special repeaters dinner. Three couples sit together with one person from management. The food was wonderful. The dinner is held in the banquet hall next to the French restraint.
Spa: Spa therapy was wonderful. The massage huts are perched on a cliff. You can hear the sounds of the ocean. We had two couples massages, both fantastic.
Pond: There is a pond between the A block and the a/n beach. It’s the most beautiful pond I’ve ever seen. It’s full of wildlife and a great place for a cup of coffee in the morning.
Staff: The staff was wonderful. Everyone I met was so accommodating. Ricardo in guest services is so helpful. All of the bartenders, cooks, front desk people, bus boys, room service people and housekeeping were professional, friendly and helpful.
Overall, I highly recommend this resort and I will return next year. If I could describe the resort in one word it would be “tranquil”. I could go on and on about how beautiful everything is but there are enough reviews on this site to give you all the answers you need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios