“Utterly Romantic!”

Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
“Utterly Romantic!”
Reviewed November 20, 2009

Unbelievable! Breathtaking and Inspiring! I guess that's a good place to start. We arrived at the airport in Montego Bay an hour and a half later than expected due to a flight delay but had no problem getting transportation to our hotel from the Couples office located in the airport. We were transported to our hotel in a comfortable van alone without any other passengers, that was nice.

When we arrived at the hotel, we checked in around 8:30pm and had to settle for a different room than we had reserved. They offered if we decide to accept this room instead, we would receive a credit to the spa which was a more than fair. We decided that we wanted the original room that we reseved instead due to the room type and location, but we stayed in this room for the first evening.

We quickly got ready to go down to dinner at the Gala that had started already on the main lawn. We wandered our way down and had dinner. It was alot of fun. After dinner, we had a couple of drinks at the beach bar and went walking around the property to explore. It was very dark walking through all of the secluded pathways and stairs. It was quite exciting discovering whole different areas to the resort and secluded spots throughout. We eventually made it to the after hours party at another pool bar and had some drinks and fun for a couple more hours. When we left around 2:30am, it seemed that we were the only couple still out.

The next day we switched rooms which was everything expected and more. But we still enjoyed the other room for it's unique quality as well. When we got up and out of our room and walked over to the stairs to go down to the main area, we stopped in awe of how absolutely beautiful the view and property truly was. We couldn't see any of it the evening before due to the darkness. We saw a hammock there and just spent about a half hour relaxing and enjoying the scenery before proceeding down. We spent the day enjoying the activities, snorking, sailing, kayaking, etc, and just hanging out at the different pool bars and meeting new couples. Early in the day, around 10:00am, the bartender gave my wife and I a "Bob Marley". This is an alchoholic beverage that is as attractive as it is serious. Should have figured that any drink in Jamaica named after Bob Marley was going to mean business. We were just told, "No Worries, Mon!" Needless to say, it got the day started off on the right foot! Or was it the left? Aw, who cares anyway. No worries, mon!

In the evening we got dressed up and had dinner at one of the main restaurants. It was a full five course meal, the wait staff and food was fantastic. The restaurant was elegant and romantic. The best part is that you don't have to wait for the check at the end of the meal. I really enjoyed not having to carry around my wallet or money anywhere.

After dinner, we went to our room and got changed and went back out, had a few drinks, went exploring some more, had a few more drinks, laughing and having a great time with other couples that we met. By the time 3:00am rolled around, we were the only ones left and we didn't want to go back to our room. We didn't want to waste any time of our short 4 day trip in our hotel room, even though it was a beautiful room with all of the amenitites. We ended up finding a hammock on the side of a cliff overlooking the ocean through the trees. Needless to say, we spent awhile swinging in the hammock listening to the ocean waves and the frogs. I wanted to stay there with the most special person in my life all alone for the remainder of our stay, utterly romantic!!!

Our last day, we went to town and spent some time shopping. There was nothing scheduled but they had a driver escort us. All you had to do was ask and they would do everything to make you happy. My wife also wanted some curry goat and asked where was the best place to get it in town. They arranged with the head chef at the resort to make it special for her since they don't serve it in the menu. The staff was completely top notch, courtious and accommodating with a smile. Can't say enough for the staff!!

The worst part of the whole trip......................leaving!

Thank you Couples Sans Souci for the best, most romantic weekend I could have ever expected or wanted!!!!!!

I will be back!

3 Thank rwatkins
chitownshandi, Director of Sales and Marketing at Couples Sans Souci, responded to this review, November 24, 2009
Hello and thank you for your review of Couples Sans Souci. I really enjoyed reading your review. It seems like you were intoxicated with the romantic environment at the Jewel of Jamaica (CSS). It is such an amazing environment and you describe it so well. I am certain the company you bring ha a lot to do with it too. :) Please register for romance rewards before your next stay, our customer loyalty program. Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.
Director of Sales and Marketing, Couples Resorts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,289)
Cincinnati, Ohio

Location: Ocho Rios Jamaica about a 2 hour drive from Montego Bay Airport

Purpose of Trip: 3 full days of beach/together time (not counting the 2 days of “travel” time) so we chose what we thought to be one of the top resorts in Jamaica - this one -according to Travel and Leisure Magazine and CondeNaste. We booked a 1-Bedroom Ocean Suite for romance and the private balcony and view.

Arrival: Lounge is at the airport, easy to locate. Staff friendly. They offered us a beer or pepsi in the lounge while we waited for our transfer. (This can be improved upon) From here we were put into a van and taken to our resort. Upon arrival we were provided a moist towel to refresh ourselves, then given a drink while we checked in. Our arrival was LATE at night as our flight had been delayed a few hours, so by the time we arrived, the restaurants were preparing to close and we had to order room service for a snack.

Lobby: Very modest in size and stature and reflecting a colonial influence. Open and breezy.

Review of First Room: Jacaranda Suite E-10 is located on the top floor overlooking the ocean (over the tops of the palms). You enter the room and immediately on the right thru the doorway is the bedroom, rather plain, no view, nothing impressive, actually looking rather worn out. The bathroom is small and old a sink tub/shower and loo. The dresser drawers had difficulty with opening and closing, I think this is the original furniture from the 50’s, at least it appeared that way. The bed was not comfortable, and sagged in the middle. Proceed down the long hallway to the combined living and dining room. Here is the view. A sofa, chair and table in the living area and a table with 4 chairs in the dining area, a writing desk and chair against the wall. A flat screen TV is on the wall to the left above the desk. There is a small kitchenette, with a mini refrigerator stored under the cabinets, a sink, a coffee maker and plenty of space. The overall size of the suite was very large. The balcony is large, a table and 4 chairs and 2 chaise lounge chairs on the balcony. The problem is - it is NOT private and it was a very noisy part of the resort. While enjoying my coffee at sunrise the 1st morning, my neighbor peered over the ½ wall to look to see who was on our balcony – not even an excuse me. Not a private balcony, this was not going to work. So off to the front desk (up the hill – you will do lots of walking up and down hills and steps here – very European – which I liked immensely). Front desk kindly accommodated our desire for a truly private balcony and we pack up and they moved our things that afternoon to another room – an “upgrade” we are told. See my photos of the Jacaranda Suite.

Review of Second Room: We are moved to the Placido Domingo Suite C-8. This is a 2 bedroom suite. It actually had a real private balcony with a palm obstructed view of the beach and watersports area, a chaise for 2, a table and 4 chairs albeit a smaller balcony, it was perfect for us. The living area of the suite was nice it had an armoire, a sofa, table and 2 chairs, a flat screen TV, writing desk and chair (see my photos). This suite also had a kitchenette, with a full size refrigerator this time. The bedroom was basically the same but this suite had a view of the palms and you could see a small portion of the beach area through the window. The second bedroom (which we did not use) was a bit smaller and had a smaller bath. Once again the baths show their age and are nothing special. Overall this room was quieter and had the privacy we desired.

The resort: The ground are beautiful and well maintained. It was like taking a walk through an old European hillside village at times, lots of stone steps. I loved the layout of the resort, it is spread out and you never feel as though there are as many guests are there really are. The resort has a couple of pools. There is a mineral pool near the exercise room that overlooks the ocean and a nearby small waterfall, there is a smoothie bar (no alcohol) by this pool. As for the exercise room – it is 2nd best of any resort we have been to thus far, plenty of equipment and free weights, yoga classes etc. all with great views of the sea. The other pool is the “main pool” located near buildings A/B and the beach, it also has a pool bar (this pool bar serves the “good drinks”). Neither pool is very large but they are well maintained like the rest of the grounds. There is a 3rd pool, nestled in the clothing “not optional” (yes, it means no clothing permitted) beach which is a separate isolated area away from the resort. Anyone can visit this beach before 9AM and after 5PM when clothing becomes optional and supposedly the best sunsets are here (tho we had rain every day and never saw a sunset). This pool has a giant rock in the middle and there is a pool bar here as well. I can’t speak of the quality of the drinks here since I never visited this pool when the bar was open. There is a game room where you can play billiards or borrow a game to take back to your room. They have 4 computer monitors for internet access so you can check for important messages on your email.

Restaurants/Food: Room service menu was limited but the food was substantial and very well prepared. There are really only 2 restaurants Casanova and Palazina and there is also an casual beach grill. You must make your reservations for dinner at the guest relations desk. Casanova, the former french restaurant now serving Carribean inspired cuisine is located near the lobby and it was the most formal. Problem for us was a very limited menu and due to my spouse’s peculiar eating habits we never ate here so I cannot review this restaurant. We dined at Palazina 2 nights of our stay and the food was very good, in fact, quite tasty and the atmosphere very nice. My issue here is, I had been told there was a dress code for both these restaurants and I find not many adhered to it here. So why have a dress code? Friday night is an outdoor buffet style fiesta under the stars and the restaurants are closed. Since it poured the outdoor entertainment and buffet had to be moved indoors, and only a select number of people actually were able to enjoy the entertainment, as many of us were put into a conference area, we could hear some of the music, but the crowds of people were louder than the singers, so we really did not have a chance to enjoy it. The buffet was substantial though, plenty of fresh good food to eat, plenty of variety and several food stations to chose from. An important note, dinner begins at 6:30 and from 5-6:30 there is no where to grab a snack unless you order room service and the same from 9:30PM until 11PM. Breakfast is served buffet style each morning at the Palazina and you can get omelets, waffles etc, at the omelet station in addition to plenty of fresh fruits meats etc… Food was once again very good. Lunch can be had at either the Palazina or the Beach grille, food at both was susbstantial again and very good, a bit spicy but I like jerked food.

Beach/Activities: The volleyball area is located in some pretty coarse sand (a few of us were scratched up pretty good after volleyball). Volleyball is played on the beach at 4 daily (sometimes you can convince them to play beach soccer too). I am “picky” when it comes to beaches, I enjoy nice long beach walks, as in 5 miles or so twice a day, and this was not the resort for a long beach walk. The beach is small and sits in a cove. My favorite part of this resort was the watersports area – in fact this is what sold me on liking this place so much. This resort differed from all the others we have visited in Mexico and the DR, not only are the non-motorized sports free, but the motorized sports are also free (in 30 minute increments which you need to sign up for early in the am). They include waterskiing and wakeboarding. They take you to an area about 3 minutes away to enjoy one of the watersports. I hadn’t waterskiied in over 22 years, but it was like riding a bike, I had a blast. So the next day I decided I wanted to try to wakeboard I enjoyed it so much in the morning, I signed up for the afternoon to do it again. The staff working in the watersports area, is a lot of fun and very helpful. Windsurfing lessons are given twice daily (watch out when you turn that boom on the board) and the staff was great, same goes for sailing and kayaking and the waterbikes. They had plenty to do in the water here. Scuba is also included and I don’t mean just in the pool either, they have a daily scuba excursion and a daily snorkeling excursion that takes you to a reef nearby the resort – included in your stay. This made the visit so great for us.

Overall: Although I am unimpressed with many things about the resort and feel there are many things they can do to “take it up a notch or two” and really make it so much more than it is now, I still enjoyed myself immensely. That being said I will probably return (if I can get the same type of room with a truly private balcony).

One additional note though to any readers of my review, this resort was “less expensive” than the resorts we normally visit, so to compare them is not really fair, and I must admit I have very high standards overall. I think for this price range, although an older resort, I would definitely return and I would recommend it to others.

2 Thank Cindy-Milford
Hello and thanks for your review of Couples Sans Souci. Your review was amazing in detail and words. It was almost like reading your journal or a short story. I was really glad to see your experience spike with watersports. Its on of the amenities not offered at other all inclusive resort, but can make such fun memories, as you described. Before you return, please register for romance rewards our customer loyalty program. Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.
Camden, TN
Reviewed November 19, 2009

A very intimate and personal touch resort. The decor of the resort is very romantic. The food of each themed resturant was fabulous. Unbelievable sunsets. World class spa. Outstanding, friendly and helpful staff. Warm and wonderful weather. Our favorite resort!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for your review of Couples Sans Souci. Your review was so nice - short and sweet. I also liked your pictures, I have never seen or experience the white river rafting - looks amazing. Please register for Romance Rewards, our customer loyalty program before your next stay. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.
Director of Sales and Marketing, Couples Resorts
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Before my boyfriend and I had even decided on Jamaica, we looked at A LOT of reviews on Trip Advisor. So naturally when we choose Sans Souci we looked at everyones comments. I'm going to be honest in my review, because thats what I appreciated from others.

We stayed from October 30th - November 6th. GREAT weather!

Sans Souci was by FAR the best resort I have ever stayed on. There is so much more than what is depicted in brochures and on their website. It is a very beautiful resort and awesome location. The water is amazing, beach is gorgeous and well kept (by the way one thing my boyfriend and I really liked was that their beach is very private and secluded - it's not like a big long strip of beach that your sharing with the 5 other resorts on either side of you). We really enjoyed wandering the resort - it is HUGE. There are so many little hidden spots to sit and just enjoy paradise and the ocean. Not to mention 4 pools! (one was on the 'Au Natural' side of the resort). Speaking of the Au Natural - a tip: If you don't want to take your clothes off and head over to that beach (as my bf and I did not) you can go over there after 5pm and keep your clothes on! lol. I would highly recommend going there after that to watch the sun set - because thats the side it sets on. It's fantastic. We also liked going there after dark, you can see the Ocho Rios city lights at night and it's very peaceful. Overall the grounds of the resort were AMAZING. It was truly breath taking. We felt like we were in the middle of an enchanted rain forest - so many beautiful tropical flowers and trees.

The staff were superb. They do an excellent job. Both my boyfriend and I felt that they were all super friendly - and it did not feel at all like they were only talking to you because that was their job. They truly are interested in where your from, and making conversation. One night the bar manager (his name escapes me) came and sat with us for about an hour, had a drink and shot the breeze. I swear they are the happiest bunch of people I have ever had the pleasure of speaking to. Ask them anything and they will be happy to answer - Especially the bar staff, they were excellent! The cleaning staff were amazing as well. There was one particular incident where I wish I had of been able to hug the lady that came around at night for turn down service. We had reservations at one of the restaurants for 8:30, she came at around 7:30 to ask if we wanted our bed turned down (by the way, they turn down the bed and close all your curtains for you.. tidy up a little, and a few nights she left flower petals on our bed - so sweet!) I told her that we weren't leaving the room for another 45 minutes or so for dinner - she said that would be too late for them, to which I said no problem at all we understood. When we returned to our room after dinner, she had come back to our building and done it for us anyway! I thought that was really wonderful of her to come back because I know she had a lot of rooms to turn down.

FOOD - there should be a stonger word for amazing. We were REALLY impressed with their presentation especially. Everything we ordered was so flavourful! We did not have one thing we didn't like. The Cassanova restaurant (which is right by the lobby) was the one we liked the best.. but all three were great. Servers were all very friendly and polite. The beach grill was our favourite for lunch (and late night) too, their jerk chicken is awesome!

Now.. I do have one not so good thing to add. We stayed there from Friday to Friday, on Tuesday morning I slipped and fell. There is a neat hideaway near the mineral pool - you can walk down a flight of stairs to go to the sauna. Then theres a little walkway with a hip high wall, one side is Charlie's grotto, on the other the sauna. Theres also what looks like an entrance way to walk out into the ocean where the tide is lower, at the end of the walkway (this is where we were attempting to go). The night before at about 1am we were down there looking out into the ocean, but because it was dark you can't really see much so we decided to go back the next morning. You basically walk down the stairs, and turn a slight corner to go down the walkway. Someone about 5 minutes before that that morning was laying a big slab of grout - there was no sign, caution tape or warning... and no one standing there. Needless to say I skated through it, spun and fell really hard on my right side. I have no idea how I managed NOT to hit my head on that hip high wall... but thank god I didn't. I had cut and scraped my right knee, scraped my elbow and bruised my hip. So my boyfriend picked me up and I hobbled up to the lobby. I informed the lady behind the front desk what had happened - She was quick to say that she thought it was just mud I had slipped through, but she really had no idea what construction they were doing so she would get us the manager. She then directed me to the nurses office. The nurse disinfected and bandaged me up and offered me pain killers (pain killers have always made me sick in the past so I declined) - she told me to come back the next day and she would give me more anti-biotic cream, when I did this they then had me fill out and accident report form (the nurses were great by the way). We went back to the front desk and waited about 5 minutes for the manager - she apologized for the delay and asked what happened. She said she was sorry for the incident and informed me they were NOW going to put up a sign. Now, I like to think don't complain about much... but the whole thing was a little ridiculous. The manager said all the right things but I felt like she could really care less about the situation. The next day my bf and I went into the gift shop, and saw her there tidying up folded shirts when she asked how my FOOT was... lol. By the next day my knee had swollen up to the point where it hurt to walk or bend it, so she noticed and pointed out that it looked bad. I didn't expect them to be able to do much for me, nor was I after any compensation out of the situation.. but I think I would have at least appreciated maybe a call to our room the next day to ask how my knee was? Concern was what I would have appreciated. What I was really upset about was that I missed all of Tuesday/Wednesday morning in the sun!! I was instead laying in bed on Tuesday with my knee killing me. Wednesday morning after the nurse put more cream on my knee, bandaged me up again and told me to stay out of the water and sun for a few hours until the cream had a chance to soak in.

ASIDE from that whole grout situation, we truly enjoyed our vacation. I have never been more relaxed in my life (by the way the couples massage is HIGHLY recommenced by us! haha). Couples has so much included that no other resort chain would, it was worth every penny. While we were there, we were already planning our next vacation to Jamaica! When we come back, we will definitely be staying at another Couples - and we would be more than happy and totally satisfied to even come back to Sans Souci. It is the most romantic place on earth. As long as I am in Jamaica I would never stay at any other resort but a Couples!

2 Thank irish_strawberry
chitownshandi, Director of Sales and Marketing at Couples Sans Souci, responded to this review, November 20, 2009
Hello and thanks for your review of Couples Sans Souci. Your review was very thorough and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are so sorry about your fall and hope by now all is healed and well. Its also appreciated you notified the front desk so they could better identify the area, unfortunately after your fall. Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.
Montreal
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I will make this short and sweet. I had the beachfront room (B-23). The room was NOT at all the way it looked on the internet. The room was old, however very spacious. Other than that : 1) Pool was great; 2) Resort was at full capacity but not at all crowded; 3) food was above average; 4) Dunns River falls is a lot of fun; 4) Service was excelled; 5) Beach has a lot of algea/grass

2 Thank Sunny_M0ntreal
chitownshandi, Director of Sales and Marketing at Couples Sans Souci, responded to this review, November 19, 2009
Hello and thank you for your review of Couples Sans Souci. We are glad that some of the improvements that you mentioned did not have and overwhelming affect on your vacation experience. With that said, I will pass your comments on to our resort operations management. I did review the pictures in the couples.com booking engine as well as the virtual tour for the one bedroom ocean suites in the B Block. You are correct in stating they are different from the actual room, as we have recently completed a soft good refurbishment of that block. Meaning the bedspread, curtains and upholstery is now a blue and white motif similar to the other upgrade blocks. I apologize for the inconvenience and we will work on updating photos and tours this year. Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.
drchickenlegs
Reviewed November 14, 2009

I will try and keep my review succint:
My husband and I have traveled to many resort throughout the caribbean and mexico and always stay at all-inclusives. This was by far our favorite trip. We have stayed at Iberostar's, Grand palladium, Barcelo's ect.

Pools: beautiful and well maintained. The mineral pool was never crowded and has an amazing view
Grounds: lush and meticulously maintained. The most beautiful grounds of any resort we have been to.
Staff: by far to friendliest staff. The night crew (miguel, shelley, ophalia) work very hard to make sure you have a good time. The cleaning staff left our room spotless every day. The service at dinner every night was better than most 5 star resturants in the united states. A shout out to Ralph who works the grill from 11pm-6am. He is such a plesant wonderful person. Christina from the wait staff was also great.
Entertainment: usually a band or singer that was local which was nice. Very plesant each night
Water sports: we participated in the water sports daily. The staff is always curteous. My husband and I either waterskiied, sailed and scuba dove on a daily basis and the staff was wonderful!
Land Activities: There was a tennis pro that we had lessons with in the morning and really enjoyed our time with him. There is yoga and other classes during the week you can participate in.
Room: we had a beachfront suite that was great. The A/C works well. The bathroom was beautiful. The furniture was a little outdated (couch and chair) but there were modern amenities (flat screen TV and IPOD doc with speakers) There was loud noise from a property next door one night and the bass kept my husband up. The front desk moved us to another room for just that night and we left our stuff in our original room.
Beach: the beach is small but well kept. The water is beautiful and very warm!
Spa: This was voted the best spa in the caribbean. I highly recommend anyone taking advantage of their spa.
Food: By far the best food of any resort we have ever been to. It was amazing!

I plan to send my parents here as a surprise for their 60th birthday. I am sure they will love it as much as we did.

5 Thank drchickenlegs
chitownshandi, Director of Sales and Marketing at Couples Sans Souci, responded to this review, November 16, 2009
Hello and thanks for your review of Couples Sans Souci. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your vacationed and it was comparably better than prior experiences. We try to make sure that our product is unique and valuable. Your recommendation to you your parents would be wonderful, just be sure they are up for the stairs, if they are like my mom, it will be no problem. Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.
Washington DC
Reviewed November 14, 2009

We stayed at Couples Sans Souci in the A block for a little over a week during the beginning of November.

Grounds: A+

The Grounds of the resort are absolutely gorgeous. Green, lush, beautiful trees, ponds and hidden corners. The resort is incredibly well integrated with nature and that the hundreds of steps just added to the charm. It was a pleasure to walk around in everyday.

Restaurant: A ++

The food in the resort was excellent, we still dream about the food. Every meal was like you would have in any fine dining restaurant. The pastries not only looked good they tasted great (although we would suggest that they leave out the whipped cream and not use frozen beef patties which makes them look like they came from a roadside diner. We also wish they had great bar-b-q Lamb chops like Grand Lido Braco and the room service food could be better. Of the many bars that they have scattered through the resort our favorite was the Juice Bar near the mineral pool, which served fresh squeezed juices. Overall it is obvious the general manager was once a head chef in another couples resort (or so we heard).

Service: A

99% of the staff was super warm, friendly and helpful. Also the massage was quite bad; we needed to take an Advil afterwards. They really should look for certified masseuses, especially if they want to charge major city prices.

Pools/Hot tubs: B+

Our favorite was the mineral pool and nearby hot tub since they were the quietest and located in a real nice spot. The other pools were busier and subject to reggae music whether you wanted it or not. The hot tube near the main beach was nice but visited by loud and drunk guests. The hot tub in the Au Natural Section seemed like an afterthought, it fit just two people comfortable and was broken near the end of our stay.

Beaches: B-

You have two choices of beaches: Clothed and Au Natural. Both have very nice views, warm, usually clear, calm (good for weak swimmers) but rocky waters (the resort store sells water-shoes for about $15). The clothed beach has much smaller swimming area about 2/3 is taken up by water craft use. It is also louder and ironically you feel more exposed than at Au Natural beach because you are in direct view of most of the rooms and the restaurants. The Au Natural beach is much quieter and no limit on the swimming area which does not get too deep quickly. However, it could be much more private. The beach has fishing boats entering and leaving from the adjacent river. There are locals crossing the beach and entering the adjacent private property and even a local spear diver. On one occasion there was even someone from a neighboring resort videotaping (security was nowhere to be found). The worst thing however which the resort really should try to rectify before someone gets seriously injured are the Sandals tour boats and COUPLES glass bottom boat which comes by for a peep and the COUPLES water ski boat which comes speeding in (hint: the solution should not be to limit the swimming area like the other beach). All these boats come far too close to the beach not only impinge on the guests privacy and but could easily hit someone in the water.

Rooms: C

Yes it is true you don’t go to a resort to spend time in the room but nonetheless you do spend about 1/3 of your total vacation the room. The Room (A23) was good size, very clean with a great view and although the air-conditioning was more than adequate it still was not enough to control the humidity. Our cloths were all a little damp at the end of the trip and the couch really smelled from the dampness. The bathroom faucets were loose and wobbly as if they could easily break off (they even turned in a weird direction). The tub had some cracks in it and we really wished the shower was multi-head (like the great one at Grand Lido Braco). The Sliding door leading to the balcony was always coming off the track and it was a workout trying to get them on again. The safe was not working properly but the great staff fixed it the next day. The folding separating doors did not close properly. When there were special events on the main lawn we could hear them all until they ended. However, all these little things we could overlook. What bothered us the most were, the mosquitoes and the bed sheets. The first night we were eaten alive by mosquitoes. My wife and I each had about 8 bites in the morning. Every night after the first, we would need to scour the room hunting for mosquitoes. As for the bed, although the mattress was very good, the sheets we 50% cotton and 50% POLYESTER and this combined with the dampness of the room made sleeping very uncomfortable. Other resorts in Couples category generally boast about having Egyptian cotton sheets not 50% polyester!

Would we come back? Probably, if there is a good deal on a penthouse suite or if we hear that the changeover of Grand Lido to Breezes is very bad. And we would bring our own sheets!

4 Thank EkiAndi
Hello and thanks for your review of Couples Sans Souci. Overall it seemed that some of your major amenities were outstanding (A rating) - food, grounds and service. I will alert the operations staff of your very specific comments regarding room improvements. Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocho Rios
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
#14 of 80 in Negril

Been to Couples Sans Souci? Share your experiences!