Unbelievable! Breathtaking and Inspiring! I guess that's a good place to start. We arrived at the airport in Montego Bay an hour and a half later than expected due to a flight delay but had no problem getting transportation to our hotel from the Couples office located in the airport. We were transported to our hotel in a comfortable van alone without any other passengers, that was nice.
When we arrived at the hotel, we checked in around 8:30pm and had to settle for a different room than we had reserved. They offered if we decide to accept this room instead, we would receive a credit to the spa which was a more than fair. We decided that we wanted the original room that we reseved instead due to the room type and location, but we stayed in this room for the first evening.
We quickly got ready to go down to dinner at the Gala that had started already on the main lawn. We wandered our way down and had dinner. It was alot of fun. After dinner, we had a couple of drinks at the beach bar and went walking around the property to explore. It was very dark walking through all of the secluded pathways and stairs. It was quite exciting discovering whole different areas to the resort and secluded spots throughout. We eventually made it to the after hours party at another pool bar and had some drinks and fun for a couple more hours. When we left around 2:30am, it seemed that we were the only couple still out.
The next day we switched rooms which was everything expected and more. But we still enjoyed the other room for it's unique quality as well. When we got up and out of our room and walked over to the stairs to go down to the main area, we stopped in awe of how absolutely beautiful the view and property truly was. We couldn't see any of it the evening before due to the darkness. We saw a hammock there and just spent about a half hour relaxing and enjoying the scenery before proceeding down. We spent the day enjoying the activities, snorking, sailing, kayaking, etc, and just hanging out at the different pool bars and meeting new couples. Early in the day, around 10:00am, the bartender gave my wife and I a "Bob Marley". This is an alchoholic beverage that is as attractive as it is serious. Should have figured that any drink in Jamaica named after Bob Marley was going to mean business. We were just told, "No Worries, Mon!" Needless to say, it got the day started off on the right foot! Or was it the left? Aw, who cares anyway. No worries, mon!
In the evening we got dressed up and had dinner at one of the main restaurants. It was a full five course meal, the wait staff and food was fantastic. The restaurant was elegant and romantic. The best part is that you don't have to wait for the check at the end of the meal. I really enjoyed not having to carry around my wallet or money anywhere.
After dinner, we went to our room and got changed and went back out, had a few drinks, went exploring some more, had a few more drinks, laughing and having a great time with other couples that we met. By the time 3:00am rolled around, we were the only ones left and we didn't want to go back to our room. We didn't want to waste any time of our short 4 day trip in our hotel room, even though it was a beautiful room with all of the amenitites. We ended up finding a hammock on the side of a cliff overlooking the ocean through the trees. Needless to say, we spent awhile swinging in the hammock listening to the ocean waves and the frogs. I wanted to stay there with the most special person in my life all alone for the remainder of our stay, utterly romantic!!!
Our last day, we went to town and spent some time shopping. There was nothing scheduled but they had a driver escort us. All you had to do was ask and they would do everything to make you happy. My wife also wanted some curry goat and asked where was the best place to get it in town. They arranged with the head chef at the resort to make it special for her since they don't serve it in the menu. The staff was completely top notch, courtious and accommodating with a smile. Can't say enough for the staff!!
The worst part of the whole trip......................leaving!
Thank you Couples Sans Souci for the best, most romantic weekend I could have ever expected or wanted!!!!!!
I will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios